Chapter 23: Refining The Sword
118 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After exiting the mountain David made his way over to the collapsed Maya and Akame.

He arrived before them and waved his hand releasing rays of golden light.

As the light blanketed their bodies they began to stir.

When their eyes opened the first thing that entered their field of view was David and Erena standing side by side on seemingly friendly terms, causing countless questions to fly through their minds.

They shared a glance and silently agreed to refrain from any rash actions before gaining a proper understanding of the situation.

David took note of their unease and looked over at Erena before saying, "I'll leave you all alone for a while and go elsewhere to cultivate."

He didn't wait for a response before he unfurled his wings and took flight.

He soon arrived before the entrapped Azure Dragon and stretched out his hand.

The golden spear transformed back into a sword and flew into his hand before entering his Internal World.

He then once more began to flap his wings and flew towards another mountain located a few hundred miles away.

After reaching the mountain he descended from the air and landed on a cliffside attached to a cave entrance about halfway up the mountain.

He furled his wings before walking into the dark cave entrance and soon entered the actual cave beyond.

Dense Origin Qi filled the cave. The walls were covered with variously colored ores releasing soft rays of light.

There was a pile of animal bones stacked against the back wall, but the cave's original owner seemed to be absent.

"I guess this one has been claimed then. Oh well, I should be gone before they return anyway." David spoke to himself.

He then lowered himself to the ground with his legs crossed beneath him and placed the sword on the ground beside him.

He placed his palms face down on his legs as he closed his eyes in concentration before manipulating his Divinity in the way that Akatsuki had explained to him after he had arrived.

"Status."

His voice echoed throughout the cave and a status window then appeared in front of him.

[Name: David Kingston

Age: N/A

Race/Species: Celestial Fae - Primordial Dungeon Master (True Dragon/Humana/Titan)

Profession(s): Swordsman

Job Levels: 1

Rank: 4

Level: 7

Rank/Tier: 4

Vitality: ???

Divinity Reserves (1 point of Divinity equates to roughly 1,000 points of Mana): ~1,000,000/1,250,000

Strength: 7,000,000

Defense: 5,500,000

Agility: 250,000

Speed: 1,000,000

Intelligence: 100,000

Health: ???

Lifespan: ???

Kibo Phantasm/Divine Armament: Primordial Blood

Inherent Skills: 

World Sovereign (Passive)

Bestowment (Active)

Inedible Marks (Passive)

Primordial Source (Active)

At Peace With the World (Passive)

Polymerization (Active)

Uncomprehended

Uncomprehended ] 1 Just a reminder about the stat values; 1 point of strength equates to 10 pounds and the same goes for defense, and 1 point of speed is equal to one km per hour(.621371 mi). For a quick comparison, his speed is around 1/1000th that of light and Mount Everest has been estimated to weigh 357 trillion pounds.  

"As I thought, there are Inherent Skills that I haven't achieved a high enough Tier to comprehend yet. I should ask Erena what her stats were at the 4th Tier for comparison as these stats are just numbers to me with a viable comparison. " David spoke as he looked over the status window before him.

"Actually, now that I think about it I seemed pretty evenly matched against Akame and she is supposed to be in the 7th Tier. That means my stats are pretty broken. Then again I do have World Sovereign, giving my stats a certain boost, in conjunction with the power of Aurelia." As he continued to speak he picked up the sword and began to inspect it.

Aurelia was the name he had decided to give the blade. It was a name of Latin origin meaning; "the golden one". 

As he focused his mind he could sense the Anima that was slowly being gestated within the blue gem set in the sword's crossguard.

His gaze then moved upwards along the blade itself taking in all the symbols carved along its surface.

"Now it's time for the main event." He spoke to himself.

He then opened his left hand and used a slightly forceful touch to drag the sword along his palm, creating a centimeter-deep sword wound.

He consciously used his mind to prevent the wound from closing as golden-red blood spilled from the wound.

David's expression remained calm as he turned his palm upside down and held it above the flat surface of the blade.

As the blood fell down it was absorbed into the blade's surface as rays of golden light spread outwards.

A Divine Edict Manifested beneath him as his Anima took action.

When his blood was absorbed into the blade's surface, golden flames enveloped the sword and he felt the connection between his Soul and the sword become inextricable.

All Races could form weapons that could call upon the power of their Anima, which was the core of their very existence.

The use of these weapons was taxing on one's mind yet they could exhibit extraordinary levels of power that defied reason.

For Humans summoned from Earth, these weapons were their Kibo Phantasms which took form after their initial Summoning when their bodies underwent transformations.

For Deva, these weapons were often referred to as Divine Armaments.

David's Divine Armament was his Primordial Blood.

His blood possessed many abilities but chief among them were two similar yet slightly differing abilities. 

The first was the ability to use his blood as a base in conjunction with Polymerization and Bestowment in order to create secondary Divine Armaments. 

The second was the ability to be infused into Spirit Objects that were created with Polymerization and Bestowment but his blood wasn't used as a base material whereas his Divinity was. 

His Primordial Blood would nurture the Anima being gestated within the Spirit Object. It would link the Spirit Object with his Anima, similarly to a Divine Armament.

Spirit Objects were items crafted from high-ranking materials that had begun to gestate their own Anima. And they possessed the ability to form a Soul-based body similar to that of a Spirit Being, Heavenly Realm Bound Human, Worldguard, or Angel.

A suppressive might spread outwards from the sword as his blood continued to seep into its surface.

The blue gem set in the sword's crossguard began to release gentle rays of blue light and the Anima taking form within began to stir.

David focused his mind on the connection between him and the sword. His Divinity rapidly circulated throughout his body and the spark of flame floating before his forehead grew in intensity, becoming a crown of flame gracing his head.

When the Anima within the sword completely Awoke the blue light intensified to become completely blinding and the suppressive might weighing down on the surrounding area reached an entirely new height.

After the light faded the flames had faded from the sword’s surface and David's head.

He laid the sword across his lap and slowly closed his eyes.

Announcement
Azu here,

So, I released this chapter ahead of schedule to make two announcements. I will be back next week with two chapters each of this and Ancient Codex, along with a currently unknown number of chapters for Rebirth, but they will be out a few days later than usual on Wednesday and Thursday.

And I also wanted to let you all know that I went back to chapter 10 ( https://www.scribblehub.com/read/36174-kibo-the-new-age-of-cornith/chapter/76749/ ) and made some changes to the description of the cultivation systems. Overall this will maintain congruency with my other stories while also making it less convoluted going forward.

While I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause I do advise; that if you read chapter 10 before June 16th you go back and reread the chapter as it will help you gain a better grasp of the current cultivation systems in place.

Azu out!

P.S. Here's a link to my Discord Server by now you know what you can find there; https://discord.gg/JDVN5PC .

4