Chapter 27: Summoning Dhara
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the wind barriers came into existence Green Feather continually channeled power into them in order to increase their strength to prevent Morgana from forcing her way through.

And sure enough, a lithe woman with grayish-brown skin suddenly rushed upwards out of a tunnel located a few miles south of the one Green Feather had originally been stationed at.

The woman wasn't expecting a barrier to be erected around the tunnel entrance and ran head-first into it as a result.

 As she made contact with the barrier she was bombarded with gale-force winds that sent careening back down the tunnel entrance.

A few seconds later she jumped back out of the tunnel with an air of caution and observed the barrier of wind surrounding her. She then began to gather her strength in preparation to unleash a focused attack upon the barrier.

As she did, Aurelia suddenly appeared directly behind Morgana and knocked the latter unconscious with a single blow to the back of the head.

Aurelia then grabbed the unconscious Morgana by the scruff of the latter’s neck and tossed her back down the tunnel leading into the massive labyrinth located below before casting a cursory glance in Green Feather’s direction and speaking bluntly; “Fortify the barriers and have Hikaru bring you down to the Dungeon’s Main Hall afterward.” 

She then turned on her heel and disappeared down the tunnel herself.

On the other side, Green Feather could only click her tongue in exasperation towards Aurelia’s attitude as Hikaru appeared beside her.

She turned to him and he could only shrug in helplessness.

When she saw that she turned away from him and channeled more of her power into the multitude of barriers she had recently erected and used her Authority to augment their abilities further.

As she did the gales making up the barriers began to move at higher speeds, and gained enough penetrating power to create thin spatial cracks as they moved.

Absorbing the ambient Mana in the sections of space surrounding them to reinforce themselves even further.

Hikaru calmly stood beside her with his hands clasped behind his back and watched as she worked, clicking his tongue in what could almost be construed as admiration.

When she was done a few moments later he placed his palm on her shoulder and they both transformed into streams of light which he directed forward.

They slipped through one of her barriers and entered the labyrinth beneath, navigating through countless tunnels and reaching the entrance to the labyrinth’s Main Hall located at the center of the lowest level in what felt like a fraction of a second.

When they arrived their forms returned to normal and Hikaru removed his palm from her shoulder.

They then crossed the entrance’s threshold and entered the main hall. 

The hall’s ceiling has around 150 feet high, and the hall itself was rectangular in shape with a size similar to a football field. 

While the walls of the hall were covered in various kinds of naturally formed earth attribute ores releasing rays of golden-brown light, and the entrance was located in the center of one of the shorter sides.

Opposite the entrance was a grand throne around 10 feet in height, shaped from a single massive piece of top-quality earth attributed Mana Ore, which even the Yverian Empire wouldn’t dare to use or display in such a pompous manner.

Aurelia, Erena, and Seraphina stood near the entrance discussing something amongst themselves, while David stood alone in the middle of the hall with his back to them and the still unconscious Morgana sprawled out before him

As the two of them entered the hall Erena looked toward Green Feather somewhat apologetically and asked, “How was guard duty?”

Green Feather cast a casual glance towards Aurelia who stood to the left of Erena before turning back to the latter and straightforwardly responding; “I’m inclined to say it was redundant, but I guess I can’t seeing as Morgana almost escaped and my barriers are necessary to keep unwanted interlopers from making their way inside the labyrinth at this time.”

Erena gave a warm smile as she consoled her; “Well I’m sorry you had to do it, knowing how much you like to participate in bloodletting. But, as I’m sure you know, you’re our best bet when it comes to both scouting and defending multiple targets simultaneously.”

Green Feather released a small sigh and responded; “That I do, which is why I’ll be happy after David finishes this Summoning, as our soon-to-arrive companion will surely be more suited to defensive duties than me, considering that their main attribute will be Earth. At least one could hope for that to be the case.”

“Indeed, if you have any luck that will be the case.” Seraphina, who stood to Erena's right added in a reaffirming tone.

As Green Feather was being consoled by Erena and Seraphina, Hikaru took it upon himself to interject; “But we all know that Green Feather doesn’t have much going for her in terms of luck, don’t we?”

“The same could be said about your mental capabilities.” Green Feather turned in his direction and quipped.

At that, both Seraphina and Erena burst into fits of laughter and even Aurelia couldn’t resist the small hint of a smile that surfaced on her face.

Hikaru blanked briefly before he blushed in both frustration and shame, and as he was about to respond a number of palpable power surges appeared on the surface above and a tremble rippled outwards from the upper levels of the labyrinth.

The group of them looked upwards simultaneously.

“They’re here,” Aurelia announced.

“Earlier than expected,” Erena added with an air of caution.

“It's fine, they’re too late to be of any effectual use regardless,” Seraphina responded.

“That’s true. Especially with my barriers blocking the labyrinth’s entrances leaving them no way in.” Green Feather nodded.

“And if they make a new way in?” Hikaru asked.

“I’ll go stall them of course,” Green Feather responded off-handedly before turning to him and continuing on, “And you’ll be coming with me.”

“And why would I be going with you; almost all of my attacks are lethal, and you know that David wants us to avoid killing as many of them as possible,” Hikaru responded.

"For transportation.” Green Feather stated matter-of-factly and before he could respond she turned around grabbed his wrist and pulled him out of the hall, “Come on.”

As the two of them left the hall Seraphina followed after them hurriedly, exclaiming “Hold on, I’m coming too! I didn’t get to enjoy the last fight, Erena and Aurelia those two damn battle maniacs stole all my targets!”

When they heard her, Erena and Aurelia blushed slightly in shame before they turned their attention to David.

By this time, he had crouched beside Morgana’s head and was observing her features studiously.

Seeing this they shared a look and walked over to his left and right sides respectively.

“It’s what some would call a necessary evil,” Aurelia spoke after a moment of prolonged silence.

A look of struggle flashed across Erena's face briefly, before she gave a small sigh and placed her hand on David’s shoulder, rubbing it in a soothing manner.

“I know,” David stated simply as he gave a small easygoing smile, and a resolved light filled his eyes.

He flipped over his palm and a Divine Seal around a foot in diameter appeared in the air above his palm, radiating intense rays of golden light.

The Divine Seal looked around 20 percent similar to the standard Divine Edict. Yet, it also carried a much more archaic aura and was constructed mainly from symbols birthed naturally by the world; unlike the system of symbols created by Deva through trial and error across a seemingly endless span of time which were used to construct Divine Edicts.

“She has lived by the laws of survival for the entirety of her existence, as have we all, and this must be done for the survival of the Three Realms,” David spoke mainly to himself as his gaze moved between Morgana and the Divine Seal.

Even before having traveled to Cornith and being placed in a position where he would need to end innumerable lives in order to direct The Three Realms towards a brighter tomorrow; David had stood on innumerable battlefields and long since covered his hands in the blood of various sentient life forms.

Yet even now taking a life was something he found difficult to do casually.

He closed his eyes briefly before reopening them with an even greater light of resolve settling into his eyes.

He then extended his arm forward, turning his palm so that it would face the ground as he held it over the still-unconscious Morgana.

“Go peacefully...” He spoke softly as her body began to decompose into specks of Origin Qi and Mana radiating golden light carrying shades of brown and green.

Soon her body was completely gone with her Anima being pulled into Cornith’s cycle of reincarnation.

As a result the Divine Seal which was originally purely gold in color, took on intermingling shades of an earthy brown and forest green.

David cast a final, conflicted gaze at the Anima as it left before an intense light of resolve once more filled his eyes and slammed the Divine Seal against the ground and channeled a great amount of his Divinity into it.

Eight more Divine Seals appeared in the air behind him, arranging themselves in a circle.

Each of them was 5 feet in diameter, and going clockwise from the top the first was a mix of vibrant crimson and regal gold, the second was pure white, the third was emerald-green in color, and the rest were still purely gold meaning that they had yet to be used to form a contract with a Spirit Creature.

They began to rotate at varying speeds with some going clockwise and others going counterclockwise as a large amount of ambient Mana and Origin Qi was drawn from the surroundings and drawn into the Divine Seal he had just fused with the ground in conjunction with David’s Divinity.

As a result, the Divine Seal rapidly expanded to fifty feet in diameter with David and the others being located in the center.

David’s mouth then began to move as he released a string of syllables seeming to originate from the very world itself.

A spatial rift opened before them, releasing chaotic waves of energy, and a wide array of archaic power surges oriented towards the earth attribute made themselves known.

When the rift appeared David immediately sensed a call resonate within the deep recesses of his Anima.

In response he instinctively called out, “Come to me Dhara!”, with all his Mental force even as the Profound Laws governing Cornith sought to heal the spatial rift that had been created, thereby destroying the connection he had established with the Spirit World.

2