Chapter 28: Dhara’s Arrival
75 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Azu here,

Sorry this chapter took so long to get to you, I had a bunch of stuff come up with my classes so I am running a bit behind schedule.

With this chapter I wanted to introduce a twist to the narration of the story; just to try out for size at it may allow me to convey more of the subtle nuances I originally wanted to; and to be honest it just feels more like me. Let me know down in the comments how you feel about it as I post chapters over the nest 2 to 3 weeks. If I like it and get positive reviews about it I'm going to stick with it through out the story and go back and edit it in to previous chapter (without tampering with the story progression to much). And if the opposite happens (meaning I don't like how its going and the majority of the comments people make abut it aren't too positive) I will take it out. Also during this stretch of time I'm going to do my best to release 2 to 3 chapters a week so I can get a real feel for the new style of narration. After that I'll settle back into a grove of 1 to 2 chapters a week.

Damn, this announcement's longer than I intended it to be, I wonder how many people are going to read it all the way through? Anyways, Azu Out!

Hey guys my name is Tim and I guess that since you're back that means it's time for me to get work on my first official day on the job. Now let's see where was we...? I think you guys were just about to hear about Dhara's Arrival on Cornith, is that right?

Okay then in that case I need to give you a brief rundown of what we Spirit Beings actually are.

Spirit Beings are technically classified as a sub-species of Deva as the first 7 Spirit Beings (from which all other Spirit Beings are descended) were in fact a Race of Celestial Fae that came into existence soon after time began and were imbued with a portion of  Sarah's power.

Sarah (also known as Lilith) was the center of Reality, a being nearly as old as 'The Father' himself, having been born from the World Tree that stood in Eden soon after the tree itself was brought into existence by the Father; and had accompanied him for the entirety of her existence, disappearing from The Three Realms when he did.

Due to her influence we fail to fit neatly into the the descriptive format we here at Azuroth Inscriptions Inc. or The Farm of Worlds (Later on referred to as 'The Farm') typically use to define Deva as a whole.

Take for instance the fact that unlike most other species of Deva we were not born with individual Authorities and the innate desire to pursue the creation of a new world. Instead we are born with Individual World Hearts and the innate desire to both; deepen our comprehension of, and improve upon the structure of, the countless rules that regulate the interaction between the various facets of reality.

World Hearts are domains of both the mind and the heart, allowing one to manipulate the fabric of Reality, creating their own systems of Fundamental Truths and Profound Laws which they then implement through Heavenly Arts and Techniques.

In order to develop our strength (advance to higher Tiers) we must do three things; continually develop/enhance our World Hearts, continually create new Heavenly Arts and Techniques, and cultivate - "The Power of Creation" - or Essence Energy, from which Mana is derived. While doing so we pursue both; a deeper understanding of the Fundamental Truths and Profound Laws governing The Three Realms, and increasingly powerful methods through which to invoke their own Authorities, in an effort to become the embodiment of a 'World'.

In fact through this, quite a few Ancient Spirit Beings who managed to reach the 10th Tier or higher had actually managed to cause permanent changes to some of the Profound Laws governing The Three Realms.

Each Spirit Being also possesses three different forms; Humanoid, Beast, and Elemental.

Their Beast forms facilitate greater physical strength and defense, the Humanoid form usually allows for more delicate actions to be taken, and the Elemental form allows a Spirit Being to become one with his or her particular element exercising greater control over said element.

Spirit Beings are also at their core intangible, soul based creatures, who possess the ability to become tangible through the materilization of their Souls into physical bodies that they construct from Spirit Power through various methods, similar to Angels, Worldguards, and Humana.

While this is similar to other Deva whose bodies are typically constructed from Origin Qi and contain vast Storrs of its higher form, Vitae, there are also quite a few inherent differences. 

Such as Spirit Beings having lower physical strength on average, the ability to once more become intangible, finer degrees of control over their bodies (which is also influenced by the fact that they cultivate Spirit Power), and their slightly higher susceptibility to soul-based attacks and Demonic Qi. 

Now that I've given you a brief overview of what exactly a Spirit Being is; let me get back to telling you how Dhara Arrived on Cornith. 

***

Once the Profound Laws governing the function of Cornith sought to close the spatial rift, a heavy sense of pressure began to settle over the surrounding area.

In response this, David channeled a larger portion of his Divinity into the spatial rift in an effort to stabilize it while also utilizing the portion of his Authority symbolized by [World Sovereign] and [At peace With The World] to reduce the amount of control the Profound Laws could exert over the situation.

At the same time, the call stemming from the depths of David's Anima grew in intensity, and Dhara began her descent upon Cornith; her actions causing the chaotic waves of energy pouring out of the spatial rift to become more impactful on the spatial stability of the spatial rift's surroundings.

Intense rays of light similar in color to those coming from the Divine Seal covering the ground poured outwards from the spatial rift, filling the entirety of the hall.

In the following moment, the bounds of reality seemed to bend for a fraction of a second before snapping back into place as David rose to his feet and drew tens of archaic symbols, fusing them into the sections of stable space surrounding the rift.

After reality snapped back into place the heavy sense pressure that had descended upon them faded away, and the intense rays of light filling the hall began to dim as the spatial rift healed itself with Dhara having crossed through it.

As the rays of light faded away they revealed Dhara hovering a few feet above the ground in her humanoid form.

She was 5'8" tall and possessed a slender figure, olive colored skin, forest green eyes, and wavy-auburn colored hair. 

She was donned in a feminine suit of armor and grasped a six foot long spear in one hand and a diamond-shaped tower shield in the other; all of which was delicately crafted from a silver colored metal.

The Divine Seal covering the ground beneath them then began to strobe in a low frequency as she softly descended towards the ground.

As her feet touched the pavement beneath her both the spear and tower shield grasped in her hands turned into masses of light that flowed into her body.

David approached her and extended his hand out towards her.

In response she took a step forward and took his outstretched hand in her own.

The moment their palms came into contact countless microscopic bolts of lightning seemed to arc across their nervous systems and their Bloodlines immediately became active to an extreme extent.

The two of them closed their eyes as a mental bond quickly took shape between the two of them and the Divine Seal beneath them began to strobe at an increased frequency and rose upwards from the ground, soon hanging in the air above their heads.

It came to a stop around a hundred feet above their heads and it stopped strobing and instead released a cascading stream of light downwards from its center point that soon suffused the bodies of David and Dhara.

As their bodies absorbed the downpour of light, the mental bond that had just been established between the two of them was further reinforced alongside their Bloodlines, causing their bodies to scream out in a mix of pain and pleasure, undergoing an evolution on a fundamental level as their Bloodlines underwent surface level fusions, gifting them with a portion of one another’s abilities.

After awhile the light ceased to stream downwards and the Divine Seal once more shrunk, taking on a size similar to the others that hovered behind David.

It then descended downwards and took its place amongst them.

On the other side, with the stream of light gone, David and Dhara's forms once more became visible in the center of the hall.

Their eyes remained shut as they waded through one another’s memories; each of them gaining an in-depth understanding of the other.

After a long moment of peaceful silence, punctuated by a small gale cycling around them once, the two of them slowly opened their eyes with their gazes locking, a strong light of recognition being reflected back at the both of them.

David then guided her over to Erena and Aurelia allowing the two of them to introduce themselves to her, and her to do the same.

At the same time though, the labyrinth's collapse sped up as explosions echoed out on the surface world above in response to the battle that had broken out between; Green Feather, Hikaru, Seraphina, and the various experts who had come to investigate the labyrinth's sudden and widespread collapse.

"Its getting noisy up there," David suddenly prompted as he looked upwards in response to the increased noise.

Golden light filled his eyes as his gaze penetrated the many layers of earth separating them from the world above.

He then waved his hand before him creating a spatial gate leading to the surface world which he moved to step through while speaking, "Let's go and see if we can't provide Green Feather and the other two with some help. Conveniently enough, this can also serve as a field test, allowing Dhara to get accustomed to battle in Cornith to a certain degree."

The three of them feel into step behind him as they all made their way through the spatial gate.

***

So yeah. That's the story of Dhara's initial decent upon Cornith. Not really sure what else to say here... But I do know that I need to get back to Zerock, so I'm going to take off and I'll be back some time tomorrow.

Peace Out!

 

1