Chapter 2: Cornith
1.2k 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sabrina's POV

[Kibo System Activated.]

[System analyzing the current environment of the host.] 

[Scan Complete.] 

[A complete fusion between host and Kibo will be initiated in-5-4-3-2-1.] 

[Fusion complete.]

[Now condensing Phantasm based on analysis of host and analyzation of host's current world.]

Subsequent announcements appeared within Sabrina's mind like thoughts while text appeared before her field of vision.

Her head then began to throb in immense pain as Mana began to surge through her body. It entered all of her cells altering their DNA and fortifying her body. Her veins expanded, her bones became stronger and more flexible, her muscles stronger, and her nerves more sensitive. 

As her DNA was altered her ears became longer and developed a point similar to that of elves. The depths of her eyes began to burn with crimson light that slowly rippled outward, completely filling her eyes. A crimson red crest then spread across her back.

As the Mana surging through her began to calm she instinctively reached her right hand forward. Red-colored streaks of Mana left her hand and condensed into a flaming red staff.

The staff was 6 feet tall and was topped with a fist-sized red crystal that was shaped like a Phoenix. The staff was inscribed with mystical symbols and caused the Fire-Attributed Mana surrounding her to increase in density.

After Sabrina looked over the staff in her hand she observed her surroundings. 

She, Elizabeth, Eric, Alexandra, and Marcus have been transported to the top of a tower situated in the clouds. The others had also experienced the fusion of themselves and their Kibo's; with the only difference being the types of physical changes and items received.

Eric had grown a pair of angelic wings that were folded against his back and he now carried a mystical bow that was 5 feet tall. The bow seemed to be made of wood yet possessed a metallic luster.

Alexandra's hair was now green and she had developed elven ears. Her pupils had become elongated like those of cats. Draconic horns now extended upwards from the crown of her head and she carried a seven feet long spear which seemed to be made out of green metal and was decorated with black markings.

Marcus's eyes were now golden in color and similarly colored tattoos spread across the skin visible on his arms. He grasped a 7-foot-long silver-colored halberd in his hands.

Elizabeth's ears had become beast-like, her eyes now possessed a golden hue, and her canines had become more pronounced. There was a long, feline tail hanging out from beneath her skirt. She wielded dual short swords that flickered with streaks of golden lightning.

They all stood in a circular area surrounded by a barrier made of transparent Mana.

The barrier was surrounded by men and women of various ages wearing robes and emitting large amounts of Mana of various attributes. 

On the northern stood a man who wore a crimson crown and a silver robe. 

His robe was inscribed with various types of birds and waved gently in the wind.

He was around 6 feet tall and had a lean body with clean-shaven facial hair, and dark olive skin. His fiery hair was wild, his eyes were almond-shaped and golden in color and he had a pointed nose.

Marcus ran his hands over the shaft of his halberd and took a few practice swings before he looked towards the man in silver robes. He activated a spell that had been created as the people of Earth explored space. It allowed them to communicate with the natives of various planets until the native tongue is learned. The spell translates words into simple thought streams which directly enter one's mind.

"You look like you're in charge here. As a result, I have three questions I want you to answer; 1) What's the name of this planet? 2) What's the current situation of this planet? And 3) Have you heard of two girls named Emily and Akane Fujimora?"

The others also channeled the spell and waited for the man to answer Marcus's questions.

The man had been watching them from the moment they appeared and as he listened to Marcus's questions various reactions flashed across his face, such as anger, fear, confusion, hopelessness, and finally realization. 

He instantly tried to conceal them but Sabrina and the others still managed to detect them and they all shared subtle glances.

"I am Gregory Cornelius Yverian, Emperor of the Yverian Empire, this World is called Cornith. And as for those two people you mentioned I do not know of them. " The man's voice was deep and contained a commanding aura.

"Is that so," Sabrina said, her grip tightening on the staff in her right hand.

Sabrina sent a mental message to the others using [Telepathy].

[Just like David said, do what feels right at the moment. We need to be ready for anything.]

[I say we kill the Mages surrounding us and capture this "Emperor", he's definitely lying about Emily and Akane.] Marcus responded.

[No. We need to stay calm. I agree that he's definitely lying, but we don't know anything about this world yet. We need to gather information before we take any drastic actions. ] 

[I agree with Liz, although it would be fun to start a battle we don't know nearly enough about this world. And besides, look at this barrier surrounding us, I have the sinking suspicion that this is related to his reaction to Marcus's mention of Emily and Akane. I say we just go along with it for now.] Alexandra commented after giving it some thought.

[What about you Brother?] Sabrina asked with a quick glance at Eric.

[I think Emily may have dragged Akane into doing something crazy like usual. But, I also do not think we should rush into any ill-advised actions, such as killing the first Emperor we come across when the witnesses comprise a group of seemingly powerful and experienced Court Mages. Instead, I suggest we gather information about the possible locations of the others while also fostering our own strength. We have yet to adapt to our own bodies and battle strength after our transformations. As such, forget about killing the Court Mages after we kill the Emperor, we wouldn't even be able to flee and escape their grasp. Also don't underestimate that Emperor, I am quite sure that a large fraction of the pressure we are currently feeling stems from him.] Eric sent after composing his emotions and giving their situation some thought.

[Fine, but as soon as we adapt and the need or opportunity presents itself I'm taking the Emperor's head. No one fights me for it.] Marcus gave in.

[Or what? It's not like you can beat me in a fight. And how come you start talking big as soon as First Brother's gone? Hehe. What you think I can't kick your ass myself?] Alexandra mocked.

[Guys, cut it out. He's talking.] Sabrina warned, putting an end to their conversation.

"I suppose I should move on to explaining for what reason you were summoned to this world, and answer your questions regarding the current landscape, correct?" He asked them and they nodded in response.

"Well then. There are five continents on Cornith. They are arranged similarly to a compass or a '+' shape." He drew a symbol in the air using Mana.

"They are known respectively as The Northern Continent: Normandy named so because of the expansive city named Normandy named in its heartlands and home to hundreds of millions of demons. The Eastern Continent: Draco is named after the Draconian Mountain ranges wherein dragons once ruled but are now rarely seen. The Southern Continent: Sakaria is named after The Sakarian Desert which covers most of the continent. The Western Continent: Rebirth is named after the forest wherein a Phoenix Underwent nirvana almost 200,000 years ago. And finally, The Central Continent: Valhalla which is known for its constant state of war. The Yverian Empire occupies 1/5 of The Central Continent and controls the southern peninsula regulating most of the trade between the Southern and Central Continents. There are also countless islands floating between and around the five continents."

"This world was created by entities who had reached the currently known peak in their field(s) of magic and gained the Title, God or Goddess. The God of Fire: Vex, God of Earth: Maddux, Goddess of Life: Quintessa, Goddess of Wind: Venus, Goddess of Water: Rose, God of Darkness Hanus, Goddess of Light: Pria, God of Lightning and War Neo, and Goddess of Space-Time: Lilith. They had banded together to battle and destroy the Demon God Cornith after chasing across countless Worlds. After they finally managed to kill him, they combined their powers and used his body as the core material to create this planet. The laws this world runs by are different from any other due to this."

"The world's population consists of various types of creatures such as Demons, Beast-kin(Which have various degrees of both human and animal features), Humans (Humana), Elves, Dragons, Demonic Beasts, Aquatic Monsters, and Magical Creatures. You all were summoned because 100 years ago a Demon Empress Came into existence." 

Anger once again flashed across his face at the mention of the Demon Empress. "She conquered the Demon City of Normandy before unifying the Northern Continent. Her forces soon went silent for many years, and there have just recently been signs of movement from them. Numerous sources have reported preparations of war against humanity and its allies being made in Demonic territories."

He refocused his attention on Sabrina and the others before saying with all seriousness; "We need your help to win the war and finally wipe the demonic scourge from Cornith as this is not the first war, but looks as if it will be the last. Will you help?" As he asked this question; whether he knew it or not he released an aura that said if they did not help they would die here.

Sabrina looked at the others and they all subtly nodded. She then looked at Gregory with a brilliant smile present on her face and said; "Of course, we would be happy to help the human realms of this world and their allies." 

A smile appeared on Gregory's face and he nodded in appreciation.

"On behalf of The Empire and its people, I sincerely thank you for your help. I will now impart to you a technique that allows you to appraise yourselves. Then I'll take you over to the Headquarters of the branch of The Adventurers Guild operating within the Empire. But first, Fredrick remove the barrier surrounding them, we need to foster trust between us." He turned to one of the men surrounding the barrier.

"As you wish, Your Imperial Majesty." The man who was apparently Fredrick said. 

He was a tall lanky man with blue hair and curved brows. His eyes were also blue in color and he had a pointed nose and thin lips with a softer than average jaw-line. His robes were a darker blue almost purple color.

Fredrick and the other Imperial Court Mages withdrew their Mana from the Magic Formation inscribed on the top of the tower and the barrier gradually faded out of existence.

"Now then. In order to view your status without any kind of Guild Card, you must form a stream of Mana at the top of your spinal cord and channel it throughout your entire body before bringing it back to your brain and then your optic nerves. You then think or say [Status] in any language." He stated before he continued with an indication towards them; "Try it out."

Before they could begin however he seemed to remember somethings and spoke, "Oh! I almost forgot that you may not understand the values listed. 1 unit of Mana is enough for the common water-ball, fire-ball, wind-blade spells and others of such level to be efficiently cast. Agility and speed are two different things. The former measures one's ability to make delicate movements and the latter denotes one's top speed calculated in kilometers per hour. With an agility of 10, one could dodge the lowest level wind blade fired from about 3 meters (10 feet) away with relative ease."

"Every single point in strength equates to 10 pounds of force if one was able to put the force of their entire body into a punch. The average human male on Cornith has a strength of I believe 12, am I correct in that assumption Fredrick?" Gregory turned to look at one of the mages surrounding the barrier.

"Correct you are, Your Imperial Majesty," Frederick replied respectfully.

"Good. Now, 1 point of stamina allows one to run at their top speed or fight at full strength for 10 seconds. Every point of vitality equates to one's peak levels of life force and health at a ratio of 1 to 15 and 1 to 10 respectively. Vitality is determined at birth and the only way for one to increase it is by undergoing a process to change into a different race or to increase their rank. Every point of life force allows for 1 year of life. One's life force returns to its peak every time they rank up. They rank up every time their level reaches one hundred and their body reaches the necessary requirements for evolution.

"Damage to one's health is calculated based on the force behind an attack subtracted from the defense of the one attacked. So any attacks with force below one's defense are completely nullified. The force behind an attack, of course, is determined by many factors besides simple strength, such as speed, whether or not a skill is being used, the attackers' technique, the place on a person's body where they are attacked, weakness or resistance towards magic, etc. And, finally is the intelligence stat. This one represents your brain's capacity in exercising Mana, learning, memorization, and more. All stats besides vitality may be increased through both training and increasing one's level."

After they listened to him they did as he advised and circulated the Mana throughout their bodies before returning it to their optic nerves.

Then they all said; "Status." Through various tongues in unspoken agreement.

 

13