Chapter 4: The Sakarian Desert
774 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bruno Silva's POV 


 

[Kibo system activated]

[System analyzing the environment of host...]

[Countdown of fusion between Kibo and host initiated. 5...4...3...2...1. Fusion complete.]

[Now condensing Phantasm based on analysis of both host and host's current world.]

Bruno closed his eyes and listened to the announcements as they sounded out within his mind.

He then felt Mana surge through his body and began to alter his cells on a fundamental level. His muscles became stronger, his bones more durable, and his synapses fired faster than they ever had before allowing him to process multiple thoughts all at once.

Two holes were ripped in the back of the yellow and black flannel shirt he was wearing as golden-feathered wings extended from his shoulder-blades. 

As the Mana surging in his body calmed he began to feel another energy flowing through his body, subtly strengthening him. He could tell it wasn't Mana because of the aura it gave off. This energy gave off a strong sense of life and vitality whereas Mana felt mysterious and almost chaotic.

As he was about to study this vital energy the Mana within him once more began to surge as both forms of energy moved through his body of their own volition and exited his palms.

He opened his eyes as the energies fused along with some of his cells to become a book 10 inches long, 6 inches wide and 4 inches thick. The book's cover was made of a metal which was both gold and silver in color. 

He ran his hands over the book sensing its connection to him in both blood and soul.

He raised his head to observe his surroundings and discovered that Elena, Natalia, and Justin were the only familiar faces in the vicinity.

A pair of yellow horns now protruded from Elena's forehead and the yellow sundress revealed the scales that now covered some areas of her body. Her pupils had become slit-like instead of round and her canines were more prominent.

An amber-colored stone glowing with streaks of golden light was embedded in the space just below Natalia's collarbone and Mana flowed within the depths of her eyes. She also had a pair of transparent wings reminiscent of those of butterflies constructed from amber-colored light extending from her back.

Justin's eyes had become reddish-brown and he now carried a pitch-black colored metal Skyrim-type battle axe which had a hammerhead on one side.

After he looked at the others Bruno paid more attention to his surroundings. 

He and the others were on the top of an altar in the center of a lake. The lake was 15 feet deep and its water was crystal clear making the bottom visible to the naked eye. 

The lake itself was surrounded by large palm-like trees which were rooted in sand.

The altar was surrounded on all sides by people wearing strange robes who seemed to stand on the surface of the water. All of the robes had brown as the basic theme and all of the people had skin ranging from an olive tone to chocolate 

There was one woman who stood directly before them on top of the altar. 

She had dark, chocolate-colored skin and pointed ears. She had a part nose and small lips on a heart-shaped face with straight brows, and round eyes which were golden in color with circular pupils. She had a large chest, a small waist, long slender legs, and an ass which couldn't be considered small but was by no means large. 

She didn't were robes like the rest. She instead wore a black colored hooded long coat of dark purple form-fitting battle armor which revealed much of her thighs and torso. The long coat was inscribed with golden patterns and her hood was lowered, revealing thick hair as white as ash which hung all the way down to her ass. 

She looked upon them with a mix of emotions including, excitement, reverence, and relief.

She bowed to them in greeting before she said, "Hello Summoned Heroes, I am Delilah, Grand Priestess of The Greoshakin Tribe of The Sakarian Desert."

Bruno nodded to her in a show of deference before he responded, "Hello, I'm Bruno Silva, these are my cousins Elena and Natalia, and the latter's fiancée Justin."

The others similarly nodded towards Delilah in greeting as they observed their surroundings with some degree of caution.

"I would like to sincerely apologize for our actions of suddenly summoning you. But we are in dire need of your help, as the entire world will soon face turbulent times, or in more appropriate words an age of brutal war with endless bloodshed." Delilah said, fear creeping into her voice.

Bruno looked into her eyes and asked, "Why ?"

His simple question shocked Delilah as she was expecting a much more dramatic response, but nevertheless, she continued on to answer, "100 years ago a Country of this world, Cornith, named The Yverian Empire, attempted to summon a Hero from another world. But what they summoned was no Hero. It was a brutal killing machine which unleashed a massacre within its Imperial Palace. The entire Imperial family was nearly exterminated. The being who committed such actions calls herself Emily. Her younger sister Akane was also summoned alongside her. Yet, the latter is more mild-mannered, gentle even, yet she is no less fearsome. Over many years one has become The Empress of Demons and other The Grand Priestess of The Demon God." Delilah said as the fear became more prominent in her voice and she released an aura of solemnity.

She continued, "The two now rule the Demon City Normandy in the Northern Continent of the same name. They had gone silent in recent years, but not more than 5 years ago they started making movements. No force has confirmed why, but most assume it has been in preparation for war and have made their own preparations for war. One of these preparations is the Summoning Ceremony as this is an auspicious time allowing for such a ceremony. Many of these ceremonies will be conducted in the coming months and years due to less spatial restrictions and more free-flowing Mana caused by a change in the core of this world."

"Change in the world's core ?" Bruno asked probingly.

"Yes, many suspect the change is linked to the previously mentioned Emily and Akane. We don't know exactly what about the core has changed, we have simply discovered some of the after effects." Dalilah responded with her brows furrowed in confusion. 

"Is that so," Bruno stated more to himself than Delilah before he looked towards the others.

[She seems trustworthy I think we should stay for a while.] He stated mentally.

[I agree.] Natalia replied.

[I do need the time to adjust to this newfound strength.] Justin responded in acceptance.

[We can't leave even if we wanted to. We know nothing of this world or its inhabitants.] Elena pointed out. 

[My Phantasm has completely eliminated that potential problem anyway.] Bruno commented without going into much detail.

Elena nodded and Bruno once more turned to look at Delilah before saying, "Grand Priestess, I do not believe that you need to worry for your people. The ones you speak of, Emily and Akane should be friends of ours who were summoned to this world from ours what was 5 years ago for us.".

As Elena spoke, Bruno took note of the many emotions including shock that flashed through Delilah's eyes. 

The formers words caused Delilah to tense and the Mana in the air became active as she made preparations for battle.

The others behind Bruno also tensed and readied themselves for battle even though they believed her to be rational and trustworthy.

"You have no need to worry, Grand Priestess. We mean you no harm. In fact, we will do our best to protect your people. As for that incident of Emily slaughtering her way through the Yverian Imperial Palace. Well...the day she and her sister Akane were summoned was the 15th birthday of our friend David Kingston, Her adopted Brother. Her father was his master in many fields of study pertaining to both the physical and mental. They were very close, in fact, many of us expected them to marry at some point. She always had a very volatile personality you see, very quick to anger..." Bruno began, a hint of fear appearing in his own eyes at the mention of Akatsuki's volatile nature.

He continued on, "So, you see she would, of course, be very angered to be pulled away from such an occasion, especially considering the fact that they have the same birthday and were supposed to leave our home planet to travel to another for a period of training. Her sister; Akame usually should have been able to restrain her sister's violent tendencies as she is more mild-mannered and gentle. But, Akane herself had idolized David since she the moment she could think independently, as she was 3 years younger than him and was raised watching his brilliance develop. Your people will be safe, under the protection we grant you. I want to assure you that we sincerely mean you no harm."

Bruno's words eased Delilah's mind and she became less tense and the Mana which had been gathering towards her began to disperse. As she became less tense so did the Elena, Natalia, and Justin.

"If that is truly the case, I shall escort you all to the branch of the Adventurers Guild within the city of Greoshakin," Delilah said after she had relaxed.

She turned around and began to walk down the steps on the north side of the altar. 

As Delilah walked down the stairs Bruno looked towards the others before he followed after her. 

As he walked he opened the tome in his hands and began to read. 

 

14