Chapter 5: Sukah
708 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, this new energy within my body is called Origin Qi. Bruno thought to himself as he walked and read from the tome within his hands.

I'll have to enter one of these 'Dungeons' to better understand it. 

The Greoshakin Tribe of The Sakarian Desert. They worship the God of Earth Maxim; with the people with the strongest power being The Clan Chief Juno, and Delilah who is The Grand Priestess of The Church of Maxim centered within the Tribe's City.

The city has a population upwards of tens of millions ranging across a myriad of species. 

The tribe itself is composed mainly of a species called Earth Shakers. Their skin is usually dark and they have the inherent ability to control the shift of tectonic plates as well as a high degree of talent in manipulating Earth Attribute Mana. Their hair is usually black and they have round pupils... Their blood is golden in color, and they possess an amber-colored essence core or "Rukka". What is an essence core? Hmm... A stone-like object which some creatures develop on their bodies. It contains dense Mana, some of the secrets of their bloodline, and the secrets of certain elements-

"Bruno, we're here." Elena cut off his train of thought.

"Huh...Oh." Bruno looked up and realized that they were approaching a building that was reminiscent of The Great Pyramids of Egypt in both size and structure.

The building was inscribed with ancient glyphs which emitted a vast amount of both Origin Qi and Mana. There were two entrances; one to the south and another to the north.

Bruno and the others were approaching the Southern Entrance. As they got closer the traffic moving along the stone-paved street became denser and they noticed more people who were wearing various types of armor and robes. 

Bruno looked towards Delilah and asked, "These are Adventurers?"

Delilah nodded gently and said, "Yes, you see an increase in their number because we have entered an area in the city commonly known as the guild district. Not only is The Adventurer Guild present here but there are also the Merchant and Mage Guilds along with many store-fronts and one of the city's largest marketplaces."

"It's one of the most highly visited areas of the city along with The Academy and the actual Market Place District. Those are respectfully located in the east and west parts of the city. The Guild District is in the north, the common living district is South. The Structure we just left is both The Church of Maxim and Tribal Palace of The Greoshakin Tribe located in the city's center which is like a city in itself."

As Delilah explained they walked through the entrance of the Adventurer Guild. 

In the center of the space revealed before them was a pillar made of white stone. The pillar supported the ceiling and there was an open entrance reminiscent of an elevator present in each cardinal direction.

The pillar had a diameter of 50 feet and the space between each elevator entrance was filled with three alcoves that had been carved into the pillar.

Above each alcove was a wooden sign with strange characters which Bruno could not understand carved on them. 

Within the alcoves were women of various races. In front of the women were counters, which separated them from the people they were talking to. All the women wore the same uniform consisting of a black knee-length skirt, a white button-down collared shirt, and a golden vest.

There were two 10 feet wide pathways; one leading from the northern entrance to the northern elevator and another leading from the southern entrance to the southern elevator.

The western wall was covered and papers and posters depicting pictures and characters similar to the ones on the sign-boards. People were everywhere tearing down or reading the pieces of paper. There were terraces and stairs leading to the papers higher up the wall. On that side of the hall, there were also people selling their wares.

The eastern side had a bar along most of the wall with a kitchen behind it. Besides the bar and kitchen, there were also many tables and chairs where people sat eating and drinking. Waiters and waitresses meandered through the crowd delivering food. They wore similar outfits to the women in the alcoves with the men wearing pants, while they all wore red colored vests, instead of gold.

As Bruno and the others began to walk along the path, people started to notice them and stop what they were doing to watch, them or more accurately Delilah.

Bruno and the others followed Delilah to the alcove just left of the southern elevator. There was a line before the alcove but most people stepped aside when they recognized Delilah as The Grand Priestess.

Bruno observed the woman sitting behind the counter; she had both a skin tone and ears similar to Delilah's. She had big brown eyes, a pert nose, and thin lips. Her body was slender with average-sized breasts and she was around 5 '8. The color of her hair was similar to ash and it hung down to her hips.

When the woman saw them approaching she bowed in respect towards Delilah with no hesitation.

The man she happened to be talking to was shocked by her actions and turned around. He was very average looking with short brown hair and black eyes. He was 5 '7 and had light skin. He wore a metal breastplate over a set of leather armor and had a dagger strapped to each waist.

He reacted in a similar way to the woman behind him when he saw who it was and shock spread faster across his face and he hurriedly bowed before saying,  "I-I'm sorry Grand Priestess. I did not see you approaching, please excuse my disrespect."

"It's fine," Delilah said with a small wave of her hand.

Delilah then turned to the woman and said, "Felicia, can you relay to Branch Guild Master: Luna, my request for her to meet me at the top of the Pyramid."

"Yes, Grand Priestess, right away," Felicia said before she vanished in a flash of light.

"Good. Now, if you would please once more follow me." She said to Bruno and the others before she turned to walk away.

Bruno led the others to follow her to the southern elevator. 

The doors closed behind them. After the doors had closed, Bruno realized that there was no seam between the two. It was at this moment that Delilah placed her hand on the doors.

As she did a brown colored line spread from her hand. After these lines covered the entirety of the doors she removed her hand.

She then drew a symbol Bruno couldn't discern the meaning of and stepped back.

She turned to them and said, "We will soon arrive at the level where Guild Cards are issued."

Bruno nodded in understanding and observed the inside of the elevator in curiosity.

A few moments later the doors once more opened, allowing Bruno to infer that they had arrived at their destination.

When the doors opened they revealed a woman on the other side.

She had raven-black hair and fair skin. Her cheeks were slightly-rosy, and her nose was button-like.

She had round human-like ears, and big round eyes, which were a mix between pink and ruby-red, with black rhombus-shaped pupils, and her face was made perfect by her small mouth. 

Her body was petite and she wore a combination of a pink kimono with white trim, an onion that featured a white and red checkerboard pattern and green trim, white socks, and a pair of green geta.

She ran her gaze over Bruno and the others and they did the same to her.

A polite smile formed on her face as she turned to Delilah and spoke, "Grand Priestess Delilah, Welcome once again to my branch of the Adventurers' Guild."

This must be Branch Master Luna. The sense of strength she releases while just standing before us is already overwhelming.

Bruno thought to himself as his gaze continued to move across her body in an attempt to gather every strand of knowledge he could from this encounter. 

[Guys it looks like we're going to have to be cautious. The sense of power she is radiating is no joke, she's definitely stronger than Delilah. And on our way to the elevator just now, I saw dozens of people who could whoop Superman's ass as we could brush our teeth.] He transmitted to the others.

[I know right? Some of them radiated a covert bloodthirst that an ocean of blood couldn't satiate. And their battle intent, Even I couldn't argue with that.] Justin transmitted as well.

They then returned their attention to Luna and Delilah, the latter of whom had just introduced them to the former.

"So these are the Heroes summoned to protect us from The Demon Empire. I can smell their potential and it is definitely off the charts." Luna's nose twitched as she spoke.

"Smell it?" Bruno probed.

"Haha," Luna chuckled before continuing on, "Yes, I can smell different grades and types of potential. I can also smell that you are of the same race."

Her words caused his pupils to dilate and the others including Delilah looked at him curiously.

Luna innocently asked, "Haven't you noticed the cryptic smells yet? You're a Sukkah, like me after all, so you should have picked up on them by now."

It was at this moment that Bruno began to distinguish certain subtle differences in certain smells.

"Sukkah..." He muttered to himself.

Luna nodded her head in reaffirming her words and said, "Yes, but you can find me another time if you wish to explore that topic Young Hero. For now, we need to get you and your companions set up with guild cards."

"Very well." Bruno nodded his head in understanding and did his best to restrain his inquisitive mind.

 

 

11