Chapter 6: Divination Crystal
473 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bruno followed Delilah and Luna, who were engaged in small talk.

"So Luna, are there any up-and-coming adventures that have caught your attention recently and you think would be suitable for acceptance into The Temple?"

"Actually Delilah, I was just about to send word to. There are quite a few I would like to recommend for The Temple's upcoming round of assessment. But, there are two I wanted to introduce to you directly." 

A small smirk graced Luna's face and a celebratory light flashed through her eyes.

"Really? Well, who might this pair be, to gain such a high level of recognition from you?"

Delilah's tone was full of teasing as she gave a small giggle.

"Hmph!"

Luna gave an endearing sneer as her nose scrunched up and she gave Delilah a brief glare.

"Anyway... They are a brother and sister pair that recently made their debut in the city. (Very secretive about their past if I may add.) They joined the guild a year or so ago and have rapidly risen through the ranks, though I still believe they are hiding some of their strength from the public eye. They are currently B-Class Adventurers, with no one knowing their exact Cultivation Rank."

"Have you yourself attempted to see through them?"

Delilah asked with an inquisitive tone.

"Yes."

"And the result?"

"A resounding zilch. I wasn't able to confirm a single thing besides the fact that their Bloodline was not something I have ever encountered in my studies before. Even, now after becoming aware of its existence and during purposeful research in order to find any information on it, I have found nothing."

"And why exactly did you think they would be suitable for The Temple to groom?"

Delilah asked with mock anger in her tone.

"That's the interesting part. They were actually the ones to show interest in The Temple and asked me to introduce the two sides, in fact, they asked specifically for you. I figured I should at the very least gauge your opinion on the matter, especially since they have undertaken massive risk in curbing the monsters in the vicinity of the city."

After Luna spoke Delilah remained silent for a brief time with an expression of contemplation on her face.

Bruno only paid brief attention to their conversation and instead focused on the hall they had entered immediately after exiting the elevator.

The hall had no roof, but there was a giant crystal suspended above a circular altar located in the hall's center. The podium had a stairway leading to its surface in each cardinal direction.

The crystal was as translucent as a diamond with rainbow-colored light flowing within and cloud-like mists of Mana surrounding it.

There were concentric circles of meditation mats surrounding the altar on the ground below, with 2 to 3 feet separating each mat from those around it. The four stairways leading up the altar helped to form four aisles which further separated the mats into four groups.

A gateway stood at the end of each aisle standing opposite the stairways. After taking a quick glance at them Bruno came to the accurate conclusion that; the elevators on the first floor were simply enclosed spaces that acted as portals within the Guild and didn't actually move. These four gateways were the ends of teleportation channels linking to this, the guild's highest level.

They were currently walking down the aisle linking the gateway they had exited and the altar's southern stairway as Luna and Delilah spoke, but as previously stated, Bruno paid more attention to his surroundings than the two's conversation.

When they reached the base of the stairs Luna turned to look a Bruno and his friends.

"This is where we create and administer Guild Cards to those who join us as New Adventurers. We usually only commence the process of creating and administering Guild Cards on the first day of every other month to new Adventures after they have undergone strings of rigorous tests. You see, this is a dangerous job; protecting ALL sentient civilizations from the scourge of demons, while also being the vanguard for our own attack against said scourge. So certain standards have to be met, not only in regards to fighting strength but also the strength of will. Seeing as how the four of you were summoned to our world based solely upon our own whim and are being asked to fight on our behalf, we of Sakaria voted to forgo all normal procedures years in advance of your actual arrival."

Bruno nodded his head in understanding as his gaze probed the crystal suspended above the platform before him. 

"What is it called?"

He adjusted his glasses and asked in an inquisitive tone.

"A Divination Crystal. Not much is known about them, but they allow for an even deeper investigation of a person's body and Bloodline than the 'Status' spell does."

Delilah's tone was even as she awoke from the earlier wandering of her mind.

"I would ask you all to make your way to the top so that we may begin the process."

Luna beseeched Bruno, Natalia, Elena, and Justin.

"Very well."

Bruno led the others I'm proceeding up the altar steps. They stood in a circle in the altar's center after they reached the top and observed the crystal above.

As Bruno's gaze continued to probe the Cerulean blue Crystal his eyes were full of curiosity. It absorbed the light which shined on it and rainbow-like rings of light came into existence around it and slowly rotate as the absorbed ambient Mana. The stone floated in the air about 50 feet above the altar yet he could still distinguish characters that were inscribed across the entire surface of the crystal as if it was in the palm of his hand.

The characters were an ancient script that seemed to have formed naturally on the crystal's surface. As he gazed upon them their meaning was instantly revealed as if he had studied the language for centuries. As he lost himself in fully deciphering their meaning his eyes lit aglow and the characters in his field of vision floated off of the crystal and rearranged themselves in his native tongue.

"I am not sure what you all will experience during the process as it is different for everyone."

Luna's words brought Bruno back to the present, and he made a mental note to investigate why he had lost himself in deciphering those strange glyphs, and beyond that why he could comprehend them in the first place.

It must have something to do with my recent genetic awakening, most likely the awakening of this Sukah Bloodline Luna mentioned earlier.

I will definitely have to do extensive research on myself later---

As Bruno's brows furrowed in contemplation Delila's voice interrupted his train of thought: " If you all are ready Luna and I shall active the crystal and beams of Divining Light will envelop your bodies and sink in through your pores before exploring your bodies. After fully exploring your body it will escape your eyes and condense into a crystalline card, which you must place a drop of blood on it in order to fully bind it to yourself. Again we do not know how your senses will be affected. Are you ready?"

After Delilah finished speaking  Bruno, Natalia, Elena, and Justin exchanged glances before Bruno spoke for them: "We're ready."

"Good, then let us begin!"

10