Chapter 11: Supernova
220 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

David possessed a Bloodline purer than even Deva of the first generation. As a result, his 'Authority' was a level higher than any other Deva and he had gained the inherent ability 'World Sovereign'. This allowed him gave to reign above all other Deva, interfering with their 'Authority' over the world and in some cases even stripping them of it. It also made it virtually impossible for anyone to limit his own 'Authority'.

Furthermore as previously stated the world became an extension of him, completely malleable to his will.

The strength of will stemmed from the Soul. As a Deva, whose Soul had fused with his physical body he was required to cultivate Divinity, which nurtured both the fleshy body and the soul to an extreme degree. It did so because it was created from a fusion between the basis of life, Origin Qi, and the basis of the soul, Mana. 

Divinity thus empowered Deva allowing them to better exert their 'Authority' and manipulate certain aspects of the world in accordance with the Heavenly Will.

From the moment he had produced his first stand of Divinity, his Inherent Ability 'World Sovereign' had activated. 

This had allowed him to whittle away at the control the Dungeon Core's Divine Edicts could exert over the Dungeon she had created. 

As he continued to cultivate Divinity within his body it allowed him to exert his 'Authority' upon the world at greater and greater distances away from his current position through the use of 'World Sovereign'. To be precise, he currently possessed complete control of the world around himself up to a distance of 1,000 feet away from in every direction. Hence, the Dungeon's inhabitants had rushed over to launch an assault on David in order to stop his encroachment upon her domain.

As he released a roar towards the sky, countless golden arcs of lightning appeared around him releasing countless pops of sound, and gales of wind whipped the air into a frenzy. The was produced by his control of the world and quickly condensed into Heaven Swallowing Serpents winding through the air around him.

He then pressed his open palms against the sky and the snakes of lightning rushed upwards into the sky and gathered into a ball shape. 

Shock appeared in the eyes of the two women who hovered in the air high above as they seemed to feel a bad premonition and rapidly retreated into the distance. As they did so they took defensive measures and one of the women yelled out: "Run as far as you can and if you can't run set up as many defensive measures as possible."

Most of those who had come to seize David's life chose to heed the woman's advice and quickly took action.

The silver-furred wolves gathered around their king and channeled their individual power into his body as he stood on a large boulder and began to launch an attack of his own in order to counteract David's. 

Many others took similar actions gathering in groups to form defensive measures or counterattacks. 

Even though they weren't exactly sure why they all needed to fear David a proverbial nobody, they chose to heed her words as one of the strongest beings residing within the Dungeon out of respect.

Those confident in their own power chose to stand alone in a defensive stance as they gathered their power. 

"It's futile, all resistance is futile..." He cast them a fleeting glance and spoke softly as his hands began to ball into fists.

The lightning began to coalesce into an almost solid, sun-like form that lit up the night sky. 

Even after all the lightning had gathered together into a radiant ball of golden light his palms were only halfway closed. 

As he continued to forcefully clench his fist, he felt a strong sense of resistance as the ball began to progressively compress, going from the size of a small hill to the size of a large house in seconds. 

The mountain of mental pressure he felt pressing down on him as he continued to forcefully condense the ball of lightning continued to build up at exponential rates as it got progressively smaller.

As they watched the massive ball of lightning come together in the night sky above and then began to compress inwards confidence faded from their eyes. 

It was soon replaced by solemnity as they felt massive pressure pour down on them and the ball continued to absorb vasts amounts of Mana from its surroundings.

"None of you chose to attack. That's good looks like you're all pretty smart, the two of you especially are very experienced, seeing as you could sense the danger contained within this attack." He focused his attention on the two women who had retreated tens of miles away while giving the others only cursory glances.

"Hmph" A sneer acted as the first response he elicited from the woman with blood-red eyes.

"Oh. So you are not mute then. Well, if you survive this maybe we can have a more in-depth conversation. That goes for the both of you." He spoke pointedly.

By this point, his fingernails were biting into the flesh of his palms and the lightning ball had become the size of an egg and emitted a brilliant light. Lightning was inherently volatile and rebellious, and as such massive waves of pressure continued to push against his mind as the lightning sought to expand from its current state and obliterate anything that impeded it.

"Now then it is time. To all those who are innocent but will soon lose their lives as casualties of war here, I am truly sorry. To those who survive but lose those close to you, you shall see them again in the future. The battle that comes after will be even more brutal and you will most likely die if you chose to fight for the sake of revenge. But no matter what I commend you for your bravery in the face of death."His voice resonated across the entire Dungeon, reaching all those who were too weak to be on the frontlines and their young ones.

"I think I shall name this attack 'Supernova'..." As his voice faded he further empowered the lightning with his Divinity before releasing his hold over it.

"Boom..."

The moment his will released its hold over the lightning it exploded outwards with immense force, in the form of an explosion ten times that of a nuclear warhead. 

The entire Dungeon was ravaged by the explosion with the forest being razed to the ground. 

Along with the initial explosion of force came incomprehensible heat which led to a blinding white light that filled every inch of the Dungeon. 

Just as the light began to fade the bombardment of countless streaks of lightning began.

"Boom!"

"Boom!"

"Crackle!"

"Pop!"

"Run for your life!"

"Oh, my Goddess! We're going to die!"

"Mom, what's going on!?"

"This is truly the end."

"Pop!"

The sounds of the lightning raining down from the sky and thunderous booms as a result of its impact with the ground, intermingled with cries of lament from those who currently remained alive.

"One of the many downsides to war has always been the deaths of those who play no role besides that of bystander or civilian. No matter how many times I bare witness to such scenes of devastation I never grow accustomed to them. I guess that means that my humanity remains intact..." His voice trailed as he gave an emotional sigh of lamentation.

 

 

3