Chapter 2- Tempering
431 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They could not object to the decisions he made, but that didn’t mean he didn’t know what they were thinking, “To even out the appearance of this human, I will summon the 11th place of all your respective worlds here.”  

With a snap of his finger, three more people appeared in the Grand Hall. Each of them walked to where the people of their worlds were standing. They were brought up to speed on why they were suddenly included despite not making the cut the first time. The three new ones looked at Kade with a conflicted gaze. They didn’t know whether to thank him for the opportunity or be angry at him as their fellow members.  

Kade saw the gazes but didn’t let them get to him. He didn’t even know why they were angry at him in the first place.  

Kade’s confusion didn’t escape the God of Time and Space. 

The God tapped the microphone twice, causing everyone to focus on him, “I know that most of you know this, but in light of new guests, I will explain again.” He took a deep breath.  

“You have been selected amongst the first to enter the world of Zogyria. This world is filled with monsters and other entities that will try and kill you or keep you from accomplishing your task. However, if you can rise above it, you can do and become anything you desire. Further explanations will be discussed individually. For now, I bid you all farewell and good luck!” 

Suddenly a golden magic circle with symbols Kade had never seen before appeared under him then, with a flash of light, he was teleported.  

When the light subsided, Kade found himself sitting in a large room with white walls. Inside the room was a single desk and two chairs.  

Kade looked at the man across from him and recognized him as the Time and Space God of The Multiverse. However, now he looked different. The God’s visage kept shifting from young to middle age and then old as Kade looked into his eyes, the only part of the God that stayed constant, a warmth emitted from above his stomach area eventually enveloping his whole body. As Kade tried to decipher the God’s actual appearance, the heat slowly morphed into a searing pain forcing Kade to rip his gaze away from the deity.  

Unfortunately, the pain never stopped. In fact, it only increased as a cold sweat surrounded his body. Kade’s face scrunched up, trying to bear the pain that would have him pass out, but he fought it with all his might. After a few minutes, the pain subsided, and Kade heaved a sigh of relief then, with his eyes still looking at the table below him, he was about to ask a question when the God interrupted him, “Shhh! You only get to ask three questions before you get plunged into the game, so for now, I will answer your immediate questions. However, before that, let me fix this issue.” Immediately, the God lessened his aura, “You may now look at me.” 

Kade heard his voice yet hesitated to look up. He didn’t want to experience that agony again. He had encountered pain many times in life before, and every time he was reminded that they were not best friends.  

The God saw Kade’s hesitation, “You don’t have to be scared anymore, I turned off my aura.” He laughed like a 10-year-old boy, “You are lucky, if you looked any longer, you would have completely destroyed your soul and your ability to use magic. Lucky you, hey!” He said, smiling.  

Hearing this, Kade felt relieved and looked up to see a little boy sitting on the chair now. Kade had to hold himself back from asking questions and see what the God was willing to explain. 

“You want to know what you are doing here, right?” 

‘Yes, but not exactly, but I guess that will do.’ Kade nodded his head. 

The God smiled, “It’s simple really, the council of gods chose a handful of worlds on the brink of destruction and have offered them a way to save themselves. Old records in your world have spoken of this day forever. The apocalypse, the end, bla, bla, bla. The point is by entering the world of Zogyria. You can obtain items that either make yourself rich and powerful or better humanity like a renewable energy source with no carbon footprint. The possibilities are limitless but for now, also limited to only you and the other ten winners from your world.  

Ten families from your world deciphered the ancient texts that spoke of this day. They kept the knowledge within their family and appointed an individual each year who would be called up once the day arrived. That day is here, and here we are on the cusp of a new beginning or the beginning of the end. I leave that for you 11 humans to decide. Once the beta version or first access is completed, the game will be available to all. Well, not all but available to the public.  

Kade absorbed the knowledge and took it as fact, having been watching sci-fi movies and anime all his life. It didn’t take much to suspend his disbelief. It was after that that Kade realized the God was no longer a child but a teenager. The God was still shifting through ages but slower, which explained why he still felt warmth when he looked at the God but not as much as before.  

Once the God saw Kade understood, he spoke again, “Now onto the world of Zogyria. If I had to explain it in terms you would understand, it would be a world like an MMORPG. In fact, the inspiration for the design of this world came from what you humans call games. This was why we selected your world as one of the four participants.  

However, although like a game, everything is real, including the concept of life and death. If you die, you die. There is no respawning. The same rules that apply to you humans applies to everyone else. 

Aside from your world, Auroron is the world of Drars this is a world comprised of what you would call a vampire, but they call themselves Draculans. There is also the world of Hellith filled with demons. Lastly, the world of Yunmasta, which using references from your world, would be something similar to what you would find in a cultivation novel.  

Anyway, I think I have answered your immediate questions. What else would you like to know?” A middle-aged man looked at Kade with dimmed eyes.  

Another one down. Again thank you for reading! Remember to press the heart if you liked the chapter or find yourself intrigued about what will happen next. Until next time. Novice Author-san out.

16