Chapter 8: The Blue Inn
294 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ You have levelled up!!] 

Kade looked down on the ground. The body of the blapahu shattered into millions of tiny blue lights, returning to the earth and wind as essence.   

'This what happens when you die, you become the nourishment for others to flourish. No proof of existence, no burial, only your items get left behind for someone else to take.'  

Kade stood over her armour, boots, and a brown pouch. Kade picked everything up and sent them to his systems inventory. 

[Name: Acolyte of Tenebrous's Armour (Good) 

State: Damaged 

Description: Armour made from an Obsidion Snake. If worn, you will be identified as a follower of Tenebrous. 

Bonus: Vitality +1 

Agility +2 

Dexterity +2] 

[Name: Acolyte of Tenebrous's boots (Good) 

Description: Boots made from an Obsidion Snake. 

Bonus: 

Agility +3 

Dexterity +2] 

[Name: Pouch of Guros 

Amount: 9226 Guros] 

Kade looked at the money and immediately thought of the system shop. Maybe it had healing potions or something that could help him with his injury. 

'Shop' 

[ Welcome dear customer to the Systems shop. If you're looking for skills, we've got you. If you're looking for equipment, we've got you. As long as you have money, we've got you.] 

[Since this is your first purchase, please enter FIRST in the coupon box at the checkout to get 20% off.] 

The interface flickered, and Kade was now within the shop's interface. He looked at the top of the page for the search bar and typed [Healing potion].  

[Name: Lesser Healing Potion 

Cost:  1000 guros 

User level: 1- 10 

Description: Heals shallow to medium cuts and wounds.] 

[Name: Medium Healing Potion 

Cost:  2500 guros 

User level: 1- 10 

Description: Heals deep cuts and wounds.] 

[Name: Greater Healing Potion 

Cost:  5000 guros 

User level: 1- 10 

Description: Heals all wounds and cleanses poisons (Does not repair organs).] 

Kade now had 9926 guros which was enough to buy the potion he needed. He clicked on [ Medium Healing Potion] and proceeded to the checkout. He placed the code in, and the system reduced the price to 2000 guros. 

[ Would you like to confirm the payment of 2000 Guros for a Medium Healing Potion? Y/N] 

[Y] 

[Thank you for your purchase. You will find the item in your systems inventory.] 

"System Inventory!" Kade said, huffing and puffing.  

His inventory opened before him. In it was the healing potion with the word new written above it. He placed his hand in the interface and pulled out the healing potion from the interface.  

In his hand, he had a yellow bottle with a wooden cork. He popped the cork and downed the liquid as it cooly slipped down his throat. A moment later, it began to itch were Kade's wounds were, but he could see his wounds slowly repairing themselves before his eyes. His blood count also increased, leaving him back in peak form.  

Kade smiled when he felt normal again. No more pain, just his plain old self.  

Once the potion completely healed him, Kade ran towards the Blue Inn. He didn't want to be caught up in another fight. He would leave that for tomorrow. Right now, he wanted safety and a bath. 

Kade opened the door as the bell rang. With the door, open Kade could hear the music playing loud and people laughing with drinks in their hands. They hardly noticed him so drunk they were. Kade walked in, squeezing his way past the anthrobods speaking about their latest exploits or wish ones they wish they had done.  

Kade got to the front desk and spoke to the cahu with white cat ears.  

"Hi, I'd like to book a room for the night. It needs to have a bath and a comfortable bed." 

The man looked at his torn and bloody clothes, "A room like that will cost 700 a night. Is that okay?" 

Kade winced at the price, but in the end, he didn't care. He just wanted a warm, comfortable bed and a bath to wash today off.  

[Do you accept the price of 700 guros for a night at the Blue Inn? Y/N] 

[Y] 

Once Kade transferred the money, the man shouted back into the kitchen, "Kalett! Show this esteemed customer to room 45." 

"I'm coming!" A sweet disembodied voice shouted from within the kitchen.  

Moments later, a young lady wearing a chef's uniform came out of the kitchen and dusted her hands of powder. She had long, soft, white hair flowing underneath her chef hat. She stood 171cm tall with long slender legs covered by black stockings.  

The manager looked at Kade, "This here is my daughter. She will be taking this place over from me when I die." He let out a wet cough. 

Kalett frowned, "Don't talk like that! You still have many healthy years left."  

"Hoho, as you can see, she is a bit feisty, but she knows what she is doing."  

 A brief grin emerged on the girl's face before disappearing back to her neutral face.  

Kalett walked behind the counter and picked up a pair of keys, "Let me not hold you up." She took Kade up the stairs and down the hallway, took a right then they stood in front of his room.  

"This here is your room. Once you have washed up, you can come down for supper. I'm making braised black boar ribs. It gets a bit rowdy when dinner is served, but if I see you, I'll make sure you get some.  

As for breakfast, I serve from 6-9 am.   

If you have any other queries, please feel free to come and find me, and I will assist you to the best of my knowledge."

Kade thanked her then she left to finish making dinner. As she left, Kade couldn't help but look at her retreating figure. She wasn't beautiful in the truest sense, but she had something that drew him towards her, 'Am I a fury?'  

Kade returned his gaze in front of him and opened the door to his spacious room. Inside was a King-sized bed with white bedding. Next to it was a small round counter. On top of it were exotic fruits he had never seen before. There was a desk and a chair on the other side, and last but not least was a wooden tub and a sink in the bathroom.  

Kade walked into a bathroom lit by a gemstone embedded in the wall. He undressed out of his bloody clothes, looked at his skinny frame in the mirror, and sighed. 

Kade turned around and climbed into the bath. It was only after he had sat, did he realized there was no tap or faucet from where water could pore, "How the hell do I bath?" 

Kade scoured the bath looking for a lever or anything that water could pour from, but there was nothing. He ran his fingers along the surface of the tub, maybe there was some secret button that would allow him to bathe but again he came up short. 

Kade sat in the tub and sighed, "I just want a bath with warm water. Is that so hard?!" 

Suddenly a blue magic circle appeared under him, and from it, warm water emerged, slowly filling the bath. The water continued until it submerged him to his neck. 

"Aah, this is more like it. I just wish it could be a bit warmer."  

A red magic circle appeared underneath him, and the water's temperature increased.  

Now Kade was sure that the bath was voice-activated. It probably had some rune or array that recognized certain parts of speeches as commands.  

Kade tested it out, "Colder." A blue magic circle appeared, and the water became colder, "Warmer.' "The water became warmer again.  

Seeing this, Kade smiled, he indeed was in a different world. 

Submerged in water, Kade began scrubbing himself with the soaps and sponge issued by the inn. When the water changed colour, he emptied the tub and started again until he felt clean.  

Kade lay soaking in the warm water. It was a luxury he couldn't afford back home, so he wanted to enjoy every last moment of it. Kade lay until his hands wrinkled and took that as a sign to get out.  

He climbed out and dried himself off only to realize the only wearable clothes he had was dirty, torn and bloody. The dropped armour he had the possibility of being identified as a follower of Tenebrous. He didn't know if it was good or bad but leaned towards the latter.  

'Shop' 

Kade typed light armour in the search bar. He searched the pages until he found one that didn't break the bank yet still faired decently as far as armour goes. It too was black.  

It was a black cloth armour that would stretch towards his knees.  

[ Name: Xigor Cloth Armour (Common) 

Cost:1000 

State: Perfect 

Description: Made from the hide of a Xigor wolf. It is durable against slash attacks but weak to brute force. 

Bonus: VIT +1] I

Kade added it to his basket then ventured into skills. He was in the interface, so he figured he might as well see what there was to offer.  

[Welcome to the market of skills. Here you can buy or sell skills in the form of skillbooks. 

Once you have purchased a skill book, you will be given all the requirements to execute the skill. Depending on your affinity, understanding or talent, the skill could take a moment, a year, or forever to learn.  

No refunds.] 

Kade looked at the skillbooks on display, <Basics of Essence Control>, <Basics of Water Arts>,<Amateur Spearmanship Guide>, <Basics of one-handed sword techniques>, < Beginner's guide to crafting runes>. The list continued, but no matter how hard he looked, there were no skillbooks related to time and space. 

Kade clicked his tongue then proceeded to buy <Basics of Essence Control>, <Basics of Lightning Arts>, <Basics of Darkness Arts> and < Beginner's archery guide>. He chose Lightning and Darkness because they were his highest affinities. The chances that he couldn't master these schools of skills were significantly lower than the rest.  

15