Chapter 16: The Forest of Pantelan
279 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kade left the blue inn and made his way to crafter's paradise. He still had the tiger ladies' dagger, which he wanted to give back to her.  

Kade walked through the packed streets and till he was in front of the shop. Kade walked in as a chime let her know someone had entered.  

When the lady saw Kade, she smiled, "I almost didn't notice you with your new clothes, but I'm glad you're alive. I was beginning to think you didn't make it." 

Kade laughed awkwardly, "No, I'm alive, and it's all thanks to you!" He handed her the knife. 

The lady smiled warmly, well receiving the knife, "I'm glad I could help." 

[ Quest complete! 

Return the dagger of Clara Bentworth. 

Reward: 2500 EXP] 

[You have levelled up!!] 

Kade swiped the panels away, then looked at the lady in front of him, "May I rent a crafting space for an hour? Also, like last time, if I stay longer, I'll pay more." 

The lady smiled, "Who am I to stand in the way of mastery." 

[Confirm charge of 100 Guros, Y/N] 

[Y] 

[Payment confirmed.] 

Kade walked into the room. As soon as he got near a chisel, his workshop interface appeared before him.  

Kade navigated his way to [Soul Space] and clicked on the block that had a golem. He only had one inside his soul space, but there was space for four more.  

Once he had clicked on it, the golem appeared on the screen in front of him. Kade looked at the screen and noticed a few things were different. Now, there was a durability gauge, and currently, it was at 99%. 

He also saw that one of the boxes that were grey before was open now. Kade clicked on it, and another page appeared.  

[This here is where you can view the progression of the soul you have placed inside your golem. Note at this golem level, souls are not recognized as living individuals by the system; as a result, they cannot level up.] 

The page blinked, and another appeared before him. 

[Soul level: Mortal  

Level: 10 

Class: Warrior 

Subclass: N/A  

Health points: N/A 

Essence points: 550/550  

------------------------------  

Attributes:  

Vitality- N/A 

Strength – 20   

Dexterity – 15   

Agility: 14  

Intelligence – 11   

Wisdom – 11  

---------------------------------  

Skills: < Slash> < Taunt> < Shield bash> < Fiery fist>, <Hulking overhand> <Wind punch>` 

Passive Skills: < Increased one handed sword mastery>   

Affinity/s: Fire (High- Commoner), Wind (Mid- Commoner)] 

 

Kade clicked on the word, [Mortal]. 

[Mortal level souls are souls between level 1 and 20. Once a soul reaches 21, it is known as an Earth level soul.] 

Kade clicked on the [High-Commoner] 

[This is the affinity this soul has with a specific phenomenon or an element. This soul has a Commoner level affinity with fire. It places them in the range of 30-49. Affinity is further divided by more classifiers: low, mid, high. Low gives 0-4%, mid 5-8%, high 9 or 10%. This soul has a High-King affinity with fire. This equated to 39%.  

Here's a table with a list of the other levels.  

Deity 90-100 

Demi-God 80-89 

Emperor 60-79 

King- 50-59 

Commoner- 30-49 

Insect 20-29 

Trash 0- 19 ] 

Once Kade had read that, he placed the new soul he got in the 150 cm golem and looked at its soul. 

[Soul level: Mortal  

Level: 6 

Class: Assassin  

Subclass: N/A  

Health points: N/A 

Essence points: 400/400  

------------------------------  

Attributes:  

Vitality- N/A 

Strength – 11   

Dexterity – 13   

Agility: 17 

Intelligence – 11   

Wisdom – 10 

---------------------------------  

Skills: < Stab> < Quick step> < Critical Assassination>, < Feint> < Detect traps> 

Passive Skills: < Increased one handed sword mastery> < Assassination combo> 

Affinity/s: Darkness (High- King), Earth (Mid- King)] 

 

Kade looked at some of the skills and saw they were meant to be used with a weapon. His golems couldn't use weapons, so they'd be useless. As a result, he changed some of the skills.  

He replaced, the warriors <Shield bash> and <Slash> with <Silent step> and <Feint>. He also changed the assassins <Stab> with <Hulking Overhand>. 

Once Kade did that, he created another two golems from the leftover dreya wood the system provided him. Now his golems were ready for combat. Kade paid the lady for the extra hour he stayed, exited his workshop and left the building searching for a place that sold weapons.  

Kade searched for the streets until he came upon a big store called "Weapons Galore." 

Kade entered as a chime let the man with leopard ears and a tail know there was a customer.  

"Welcome. How can I assist you?" The leopard man said. 

Kade looked around at the weapons, then at the man, "I'm looking to buy a hunting bow. Preferably one I can grow into." 

The leopard rubbed his hands together, "I have just the thing." He led Kade to a black bow hanging on the wall, "It is perfect for individuals under level 20. Its draw weight can be adjusted by placing your essence into the bow." 

Once Kade heard that, he smiled, "Can I test it?" 

"Sure." The owner took it off the wall and placed it in Kade's hand. 

Kade drew the bow, and it felt good, "How much for this bow?" 

"1500 guros. It also comes with ten arrows." 

"I'll take it." 

"Excellent choice, sir." 

[Confirm charge of 1500 Guros, Y/N] 

[Y] 

[Thank you for the support!] 

Kade also bought the ten arrows and a quiver package deal for 500 guros. Now he had 501 guros left. 

When he realized that, he decided to leave before he got persuaded into buying something else.  

Once he was out, he asked around where the west gate was and then walked towards it. Once he got there, a guard let him through the gate. On the other side, Kade could see the green forest in the distance.  

Kade took a steeling breath and walked forward. As he got closer, he could see the tallest tree. It stood far above the others.  

'Under that tree lies my treasure.' 

Kade walked into the forest. Immediately the environment changed from dry to humid.  

Kade sighed. His body could handle hot temperatures, but he never liked humidity. Nonetheless, it wouldn't stop him from entering.  

Kade continued through the thick grass and thickets. He pushed past the vines hanging from trees until he found a nice open space, "Perfect spot to practice my archery." 

'Status.'  

Name: Kade FullLocke  

Title/s: Beta Tester, The World Universe Multiverse!  

Level: 5  

Class: Combat Golemancer  

Subclass: Runemaster  

Health points: 550/550  

Essence points: 850/850  

------------------------------  

Attributes:  

Vitality- 11 (+1)  

Strength – 10   

Dexterity – 11   

Agility: 14   

Intelligence – 17   

Wisdom – 16   

---------------------------------  

Skills: <Contract Soul>, < Summon Golem> ,< *Chrono Vision*>  

Passive Skills: <Loved by Essence>, <Nocturnal>, < Language Shmanguage>   

Affinity/s: Time-space (High-Deity), Darkness (Low-Deity), Lightning (High-Demi-God) …  

-----------------------------------  

Attribute points: 16  

Equipment: Xigor Cloth Armour (Common)  

Bloodline: Sealed 

Currency: 501 Guros 

 Another page appeared alongside his status. 

 

[ You have reached level 5. You have unlocked four new skills (two active, two passive).] 

 

[Name: Double speed 

Type: Active 

Description: The first move of the battle made by your pawns will be two times faster.] 

[Name: Diagonal strike 

Type: Active 

Description: If an enemy is on the left or right side of your pawn, the damage dealt will be increased by 10%. 

Cooldown: 1 minute.] 

[Name: Archery talent 

Type: Passive 

Description: You have chosen the bow as your weapon and will find it easier to master than any other weapon.] 

[Name: Soul link 

Type: Passive 

Description: This allows you to control your golems without verbal commands. It also allows your golems to communicate with you.] 

After reading, Kade swiped the page away and focused on his status page. He saw he had a whopping 16 AP that he could use. However, before he put them to use, he needed to know what they did. 

Kade clicked on [Intelligence] 

[Intelligence governs the size of your essence reserves (1 AP = 50 Essence).] 

Kade clicked on all the other attributes. 

[Strength determines your physical prowess.] 

[Dexterity influences how well you can utilize your strength.] 

[Agility dictates how fast you can run as well as how nimble you are.]  

[Wisdom controls the speed at which you regenerate your essence (AP/10 * 100 = ESS regeneration per hour.] 

[Vitality is linked to your health points (1 AP= 50 HP)] 

Now that Kade knew for sure what each of the attributes did, he placed eight AP into INT, three into DEX, one in AG and four in STR. 

Kade looked over his stats, and he was happy. 

[Confirm AP placement, Y/N] 

[Y] 

White light only he could see twirled around him, and with it, he could feel his power-up. It was as if every cell in his body was bursting with vigour.  

Kade excitedly took out his book, <Basics of Archery>. He wanted to do some practice shots before he attempted the real deal.  

Kade read the book as it explained how to draw, aim and shoot. It described the optimum posture for a steady grip and more. While reading, Kade felt like he understood the concepts much faster than he thought. It was as if he already knew what to do but had just forgotten.  

Kade took out his bow and loaded an arrow while simultaneously drawing the bow. It happened almost instinctively, 'Wow!' 

Kade drew the bow entirely and aimed at a tree five meters away. As he looked through the sight with his dominant eye, he noticed that it was bopping up and down as he breathed, 'Why am I breathing? I don't even need to.' 

Kade exhaled until his lungs were about 50% full, then he held his breath. Kade had already discovered he could hold his breath forever, so he didn't need to rush the shot.  

Kade looked down the site, and it still bopped up and down due to the way he held it, but it wasn't as bad as prior. Kade focused on the target then released the string.  

The arrow flew, tearing space as it pierced into the tree where Kade aimed.  

"Yes!" Kade punched his hand into the air. 

With a smile on his face, he walked to the tree to pick up his arrow. Once he was there, he saw that its placement was not where he intended it, but at least he hit the tree.  

Kade pulled the arrow from the tree and began shooting practice. He tried different draw weights and stances until he came across the one that fit his current physical prowess the best. It was more on the light side, allowing him to shoot for an extended period.  

Kade continued to train for 2 hours until he found that he could somewhat shoot where he intended. He couldn't shoot while moving yet, but he was satisfied with his growth.  

With that, Kade called upon his two golems. Black smoke appeared from the ground, and two golems appeared out of nowhere. One was 40cm larger than the other.  

Kade commanded the assassin to stay hidden and scout the area ahead. While the two moved forward, the 190 cm in the vanguard and Kade behind it. 

The two walked until Kade received word from his golem that there was a threat ahead. The golem didn't articulate it in words but through a feeling. Kade could also feel the level of the danger ahead. According to his golem, it was something that Kade could easily kill but could do damage. 

Kade continued forward until he saw the creature his golem was inferring to. 

[ Name: Jaundice hare (Lv3)] 

It was a pig sized white rabbit with yellow eyes and a small black horn on its head.  

Kade regrouped with his golem, 'Fianchetto.' 

Now he had one golem on the front and left side of himself. 

Kade took the bow of his back and loaded an arrow while looking at the jaundice hare eating away at a smaller creature's corpse on the ground. 

'Sorry bunny, but I'm acting as the bishop of this party, and so it is my duty to sample the little ones.'  

Kade released his arrow, and in an instant, it hit the creature in the head. The hare burst into embers of blue light, leaving behind some drops. 

Kade picked them up as well as his arrows, 'That was easy enough.' 

[ Name: Jaundice hare meat 

Description: Self-explanatory.] 

[Name: Jaundice hare feet. 

Description feet of the Jaundice hare. When worn critical damage is increased by 5%, while the chances of being attacked by an animal are increased by 20%. It can also be used as an ingredient.] 

[Name: Jaundice hare eyes 

Description: Eyes of the Jaundice hare. Can be used as an ingredient.] 

Kade sent his golem ahead into the forest but told it only to alert him if the creature was level 10 and above while Kade and his golem farmed the low-level animals, they walked by. 

[You have levelled up!] 

[ You have levelled up!] 

Kade swiped the prompt each time and continued to fire arrows at the creatures of the forest while his golem protected him. As he continued, he was getting the hang of shooting moving targets as long as he was standing still.  

Kade had just killed a [Frilled neck rat (Lv 5] when his golem sent him a message confirming it had found one above level 10. Kade could feel the distance between him and his golem, and it was not too far away.  

He ordered his warrior to stay vigilant as they walked towards the assassin. Once they regrouped, Kade saw the creature in the distance. It was an [Earth Bear (Lv15)] 

Kade sucked in a deep breath then exhaled. He drew his bow and aimed for the heads head. 

One while aiming down the site, the bear felt that something was looking at it. I looked towards the stimulus and saw Kade with a black bow pointing at it. The bear growled and then charged towards Kade.  

'Fianchetto.' Kade thought as his golems moved around him. The 190cm golem in the front.  

Kade struggled to keep the bow still as the herculean beast stomped its way towards him. He ironed out his resolve and focused on the beast, then released the arrow.  

It flew through the air and hit the bear on the bear in the face. However, it didn't pierce deep, leaving but a minor flesh wound.  

Kade's eyes bulged. Up till now, his arrows were almost instant K.Os, but now his arrow couldn't even pierce the bear's hide.  

Kade collected himself and tried again. However, this time he increased the draw weight of the bow and fired the charging bear again. It hit its mark, but yet again, it didn't do much damage. If the first arrow was akin to a flea bit, this was a spider bite.  

Kade clicked his tongue then dived out the way as the bear collided with his warrior golem, toppling it over. After a few seconds, the golem got up, and the two wrestled it out in a show of strength, but over time it became clear the bear was more muscular. The bear stood upright and bashed its paws against the golem, leaving shallow claw marks against the surface.  

When Kade saw this, he ordered his small golem to join the attack and bombard it with gorilla-style attacks. If it went for a big attack, the golem was to attack it and divert its attention to it, then dodge its attack using its agility.  

Kade stayed back and continued to fire arrows at it hoping to find a weakness but even the fur on his belly was more rigid than steel. Kade assessed the situation, although his golems were holding it off. They weren't winning either. Not to mention his inclusion in the fight was useless as well.  

His only means of attack just wasn't doing any damage. Even if he increased the draw weight to the most, he could pull, it only left a shallow cut. 

Kade continued to search for solutions as the fight continued. He was beginning to think that backing out was the best option. The longer the fight continued, the more his warrior golem was taking damage. Kade couldn't afford his golem breaking down. 

However, before that, he wanted to see if he could do something he had always wanted to try. Kade activated <*Chrono Vision*> as the essence appeared all over him. 

Kade looked around and spotted the essence of a bipedal creature in the trees up ahead. Kade ignored it; right now, he needed to focus on the bear.  

Kade's eyes drifted to the bear trying to break through his golem and focused on it.  

He took out an arrow and drew it entirely. After that, he split 200 ESS from his essence storage and changed it from nature to darkness essence. The essence turned to a ball of black smoke.  

Kade drew the darkness essence out of him and focused on the arrow in front of him. He visualized the darkness condensing around the arrow. A spinning black magic circle appeared as his darkness surrounded the arrow. The more he coated around the arrow, the more it turned from smoke to solid darkness.  

Once he had used all 200 essence, he looked at the coating and was ashamed. It was rough and uneven in all places, but it was his first attempt, so he cut himself some slack.  

Kade took a deep breath as he looked at the bear ahead, "Let's see if darkness really is the paragon of destruction." 

Kade signalled his golem to move to the right as he fired his coated arrow at the bear. It flew through the air swallowing all bits of the light and expanding as it continued towards the bear.  

In the next moment, the arrow hit the golem in the belly and burrowing through it, embedding itself deep in a tree in the back.  

The bear growled loudly, causing the birds in the trees to fly away. It now had a gaping hole in its stomach from which blood flowed.  

It got down on all fours and looked and attempted to charge at Kade, but Kade ordered his warrior to use taunt. Immediately, a pillar of red light immitted around the golem, which caught the bear's attention, leaving Kade free. 

Kade looked at the blood pouring from beneath the bear and was astounded by the power of darkness. Before he could hardly pierce the bear now, its hide was meaningless.  

Seeing this, Kade decided to give the bear its coup de grace. He loaded another arrow and turned 200 essence into darkness. Kade began coating the arrow with darkness this time, and after thirty seconds, he was done. Although unneat this time, the coating actually looked like an arrow.  

Kade fired the arrow at the bear and it pierced it in the head leaving nothing behind. Once the bear hit the floor its body burst apart into blue lights. 

[You have levelled up!!!] 

Kade heaved a sigh of relief then picked up his drops. 

[Name: Earth Bear fur 

Description: This tough hide can be used to create Good grade armour. If made by a professional the armour is one of the most durable within its grade.] 

[Name: Earth Bear core 

Description: The empty soul core of the brown bear.] 

[Name: Earth Bear claws 

Description: It is tougher than most metals and can be used as a crafting material.] 

Kade swiped the messages away and got another. 

[Mortal Soul Found would you like to initiate a contract? 58 minutes remaining. Y/N] 

[Y] 

A cloud of black appeared and entered Kade's raw space.  

Once Kade picked up his loot and decided to head back home. It was 4 pm already; he didn't want to walk the streets in the night again. Not until he was stronger. Kade looked into the distance to see if his spectator was still there, and he wasn't.  

With that, Kade turned around and walked back to the blue inn.  

 

 

8