Chapter two: Shizun travels to Mount Tao Shaoyun
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Life was semi cruel to Elder Wan from time to time, as if some of his days were treasured with golds and silks while other days he were be treated with things he hated the most. 

 

Sighing Elder Wan walked himself to his wardrobe changing his robes before lying down on a small bed covered with mountains of books and scrolls. He laid down trying to cleanse his pure mind before the words spoken by Sun Biming replayed in his mind. 

 

“Elder Wan, Your robes are a little odd. Would you mind handing them to me? If not, what would the elders think if I told them of our encounter? If you don’t want such rumors to be spread, accept me willingly or you’ll be forced to the corners.” 

 

For the first time in my life no one dared to speak in such manners towards me, Elder Wan’s heart screamed in anger and embarrassment. Tossing and turning Elder Wan could not get such foul words being spoken towards him out of his head. 

 

After meditating to clear his mind he woke up next ready to teach the so-called disciples he accepted yesterday. One of them was exceptional since he didn’t want to be stuck alone with Sun Biming. 

 

“Today will be a good day, right?” 

 

Elder Wan mumbled a few words to himself, before hearing the two heavy doors that never opened open for the first time. 

 

A sigh of relief left Elder Wan’s lips, staring up as he looked at Wei Xue who walked in dressed in the sect's disciples robes. The color of moonlight grey with snow white patterned on his sleeves attached on his belt with a flower gourd that hung as he walked in. Every disciple in the sect wore the same clothing which was designed by sect leader Song Long. Wei Xue was only the second one to be chosen from Elder Wan out of five others since Wei Xue ranked sixth. Elder Wan didn’t really care about which rank was there since he bothered not to participate in accepting disciples ever since he joined the sect and became an elder at the age of sixteen. 

 

Every elder in the sect didn’t welcome Elder Wan since he was so young, those who did knew Elder Wan was a prodigy, someone who would succeed in becoming an immortal near the age of twenty-five. 

 

“Wei Xue, Greets Elder Wan”

 

Wei Xue greeted Elder Wan but did not call him shizun because the process of kowtowing and being acknowledged by Elder Wan was something they’ve never completed at all so in the long way between the two who Elder Wan accepted were only to call him Elder Wan as if they were only interning to learn the ways of cultivating towards an immortal. 

 

The doors once began to open again, but this time it was the person Elder Wan did not want to see at all. 

 

“Sun Biming, Greets Shizun!”

 

“I don’t acknowledge you, Don’t call me Shizun.”

 

Elder Wan glared at Sun Biming, but Sun Biming would only smile. Elder Wan scoffed in his head, “ What kind of child is this he, he doesn’t know how to stay at a distance.” Elder Wan walked away and stood in-front of the two so-called disciples. 

 

“Sit down both of you, I’ll make things short and easy, if you don’t listen then you’ll be punished for cleaning the open bath.”

 

Elder Wan brought out a scroll that looked the size of an ink brush but once he rolled out the scroll a long list was placed in-front of Sun Biming and Wei Xue. This scroll was the sect's rules; a total of two-thousand rules were created in order for this sect to reach it’s peaks. 

 

“Both of you guys should read this and copy a list down, if not completed you will wash the open bathes.” 


Elder Wan spoke then left, before coming back with more papers and scrolls. Sun Biming only glanced at the scroll before watching Elder Wan elegantly write down a few stuff. Elder Wan, not noticing, only continued to complete his work while Wei Xue rolled his eyes towards Sun Biming. Wei Xue actually knew Sun Biming’s real identity as he was Sun Biming’s third cousin who loyally followed Sun Biming ever since Sun Biming’s birth. Wei Xue then only looked at Sun Biming disgustingly before writing down the rules as quickly as he could, he knew that Sun Biming did not need to write at all, all he had to do was snap his fingers and there would be a list or anything he could think of. How jealous Wei Xue was of Sun Biming’s ability though he only had half the power.

 

In the demon’s realm, many know Sun Biming and Wei Xue as cousins who’d risk it all to help one another. Though Sun Biming had high power, Wei Xue was not far behind in the demon’s realm Wei Xue was a handsome teen whose face can be identified as the top ten handsome demons who wooed demons including those in the heaven and mortal realm. No girl would want to marry after seeing Wei Xue. But besides Wei Xue those who ranked first was Sun Biming who out past even the rating throughout all realms. In truth those who’d seen Sun Biming don’t really know the real looks of Sun Biming, as he travels around in a new set of skin either identifying himself as a man or women. Although no one knew he was widely known for being outrageously handsome. Besides Sun Biming the son of the strongest demon king, now Elder Wan was loved throughout all three realms, only those who got close enough to Elder Wan were able to see a true heavenly being’s face. Those who rumored that Elder Wan had a secret wife that’s why he’s always not shown in public. But other’s rumor that Elder Wan was born so beautiful that some mistaken him for being a girl. The rumors of Elder Wan became the talk of town in the demon that had floated to the steps of Sun Biming’s sleeping courter. Only a small rumor had curioused the demon king’s son. So off he left the demon realm with Wei Xue and found where this elder called Wan Tian resided. 

 

Elder Wan had finished the large pile of work before looking up to see a pair of eyeballs stare at him. 

 

“You, Did you not write down the rules? Why are you staring at me?” 

Sun Biming did not say anything; he only smiled towards Elder Wan sending chills down his back. Elder Wan looked away for a second then turned around to see that Wei Xue was still writing down the rules while Sun Biming only sat and stared at him for the past three hours. 

 

“If you did not complete the task I gave you, go ahead and clean the open bathes.”

 

Elder Wan said sternly but only to be slapped in the face with neatly piled well written rules that had been copied. 

 

Elder Wan did not look at the pile but stood up and left with never coming back. 

 

“A’Ming don’t stare at Elder Wan so intensely, you realize he thinks you're weird.”

 

“This Shizun of mine is really handsome as the rumors say.”

 

“A’Ming, Elder Wan hasn’t even accepted you as his disciple, and you can’t call him Shizun unless you want Shizun Gong Boqin to strike you for wanting a new Shizun.”

 

“Shizun Boqin is weak, he can’t defeat me even if he strikes ten folds.”

 

“A’Ming you need to understand your only here because of curiosity you must not expose your identity.” 

 

“A’Xue, Shizun left already, I’ll go too.”

 

Casually walking Sun Biming took out a small white pearl, then smiling he walked towards the doors that were gently closed. Inside was Elder Wan writing scriptures, as a gentle wind blew in swaying his hair gently. Sun Biming watched a side quietly before walking in. Elder Wan looked up with a cold glare. 

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“Shizun, I've completed my task. What will you give me to do.?

 

Sun Biming smiled mischievously, sending shivers down Elder Wan’s back. 

 

“Do wha-.”

 

“How about we continue our discussion from yesterday?”

 

Wan Tian looked at Sun Biming in disbelief as the tip of his ears turned pink. Sun Biming leaned closer towards Wan Tian. 

 

“You!”

 

Wan Tian stood up abruptly before taking out a heavenly weapon that glowed a shimmering blue. 

 

“Eh? Shizun already wants to kill me?”

 

The Heavenly weapon in his hand was the named Liu BoHai able to send massive waves that are able to wipe out anything. The weapon slowly dimmed as Wan Tian thought of his behavior. 

 

“What do you want?”

 

Smiling happily, Sun Biming walked towards Wan Tian then said.

 

“Something you wore but never gave back.”

 

“Stay here. I will go bring it.”

 

Wan Tian left the room and came back with a messy pile of robes. He then handed them over to Sun Biming before kicking him out of the room. 

 

___________________

 

In disbelief, Wan Tian sealed the doors before reciting rules in his head. 

A knock was heard on the door while Wan Tian recited the rules. 

 

“Sun Biming I’ve already given you what you need leave and do not disturb.”

 

Wan Tian shook his head then once again recited rules in his head but another knock was heard. Anger boiling, Wan Tian stood up and walked towards the door, opening it and revealing.

 

“Elder Wan, did your disciple come by how come you’ve sealed your door unallowing this leader to visit an old friend.” 

 

“Sect leader Song I apologize for my behaviour..”

 

“Come on Elder Wan no need to apologize, this leader had come at the wrong time. It is my fault.” 

 

Song Long smiled at Wan Tian as he sat down at the table bringing out a scroll. 

 

“Elder Wan, there were numerous reports lately on demon’s invading the villages near Mount Tao Shaoyun, and the villagers living there had requested help.”

 

“Mount Tao Shaoyun has their own cultivation sites there, why would they send help to Fengyuan Peak in the East?”

 

“That’s why I want to send you Elder Wan to check out what’s wrong.”

 

Elder Wan, not thinking twice, nodded and accepted the scroll. Sect Leader Song’s face can be seen immersed with pain. After a long sigh Sect Leader Song stood up and left the pavilion. Wan Tian looked through the scroll reading stories and information of what had happened down in Toa Shaoyun. Most read that the demons usually appeared at night mainly attacking young women and male. The appearance of the demons were usually long black hair, eyes that taunt those that have seen them, pale skin as white as the moon, and nails that’ll claw their victims. Some say that they’ve seen the demons without teeth as they were as black as dark coal. After reading more thoroughly it says that more victims in the city appear everyday leaving the village reduced to only elders. Wan Tian nodded in agreement with what he’d read, it was best for him to take the lead in this situation. So setting aside the scroll Wan Tian walked up towards the library in his pavilion pulling out books of demons encyclopedia in order to find the appearance and further details of the demons Tao Shaoyun villagers talk about. It turns out the villagers were talking about Hongyan zhua shou translated into the red eye grippers. They cause their victims to fantasize and build up their desires allowing the red eye grippers to inject poison from their claws into their victims then skinning them alive keeping their appearances. It says the reason why they call red eye grippers “red eyes” is because after their victims are skinned they are left with such red eyes. 

 

Closing the eyes, were likely unable to happen once the victims were dead. So those affected by red eye grippers are usually clothed in the thickest white cloths before being buried. Reading half way through the lines another knock was heard. 

 

“Elder Wan, are you still up?”

 

“Wei Xue, what have you come by this hour?”

 

“I’ve completed writing the rules, and have come to drop them off.”

 

An “oh” came from Wan Tian’s lips, he hurriedly walked over and collected the piles of paper then greeted Wei Xue off, only then to remember that he’d not officially taken in two disciples. Therefore he’d had to bring them along with him. Wan Tian was so used to doing things himself but now he’s got two burdens he’d live with from now on. This was unexpectedly bad. How was he supposed to inform them to go along with him as he’d set off the next day to Mount Tao shaoyun. Thinking more he’d rub his temples thinking of a plan. 

 

I should just do that. A thought came to Wan Tian’s head, maybe he did have an idea. Therefore he walked towards the disciples' sleeping quarter. Before even being able to knock on the door, Sun Biming popped out his head, nearly dropping the life of Wan Tian. 

 

“Shizun, what are you here for?”

 

“I’ll get things straightforward, make sure you and Wei Xue pack. Tomorrow I will go to Mount Tao Shaoyun and will go help the villagers living there. Since you guys are under me I have to bring you guys along. That is all, I-I will be going now.”

Wan Tian walked away leaving Sun Biming surprised. It seems Wan Tian’s invitation brightened Sun Biming’s day even more. 

 

“Wei Xue, Come out.”

 

“Did you call?”

 

“Pack up quickly.”

 

“Are we finally going back to the demon realm?”

 

“No, Just pack.”

 

“What are we packing for?”

 

Sun Biming looked up at Wei Xue, all that could be seen was a shade of red from Sun Biming’s eyes. Wei Xue was petrified at Sun Biming’s eyes, the eyes that were born from the strongest demon’s in history were terrifying but Sun Biming’s eyes were different from all demons. In thousands of history many had predicted the birth of Sun Biming yet there was one who predicted the death of Sun Biming. Sun Biming’s life was not long lived or short lived, the one who’d predicted his death from birth was instantly beheaded by Sun Biming’s Mother so no one was for sure when the time came for Sun Biming to die. Wei Xue on the other hand always watched Sun Biming and admired him from afar, so the first time Sun Biming showed eyes that could wipe out all living things, even demons, Wei Xue felt a deadly cold chill around his back and neck. He knew that such words Sun Biming has spoken must be done in his way if not, who knows if this great cousin of his will let him live any longer. 

 

_______________________________________

 

After explaining to Sun Biming I left as quickly as possible, if I stood there any longer, who'll know how much longer before I tear that person into shreds. This is why I wished no further to have no disciples. 

 

The next day came as Wan Tian stood outside on his white horse waiting for the two so-called disciples of his. Only a few minutes passed before Sun Biming can be seen walking towards Wan Tian. 

 

“Shizun!”

 

Wan Tian hearing his name being called as shizun caused him to turn and face the other direction. Not so long after Sun Biming reached Wan Tian, following behind him was Wei Xue with two horses. 

 

“If you two were any minute later I would have just left you guys behind, now hurry and get on your horses, we need to get to the village by Sun down.”

 

Wan Tian began to move along with his horse and strided down the road. Wei Xue on the other hand looked at Sun Biming who had wandered not far behind Wan Tian. 

 

If Sun Biming’s true form is exposed, who'll know how long before the war between the realms rages more. 

 

After 300 Li, the group arrived at Mount Tao Shaoyun. The entrance was big and bustling; it seemed as if there was no crime or demons lurking around. Such a peaceful city, why did Wan Tian need to protect it? 

 

Wei Xue had left Sun Biming and Wan Tian to check in at an Inn nearby. Not only did he leave Wan Tian with Sun Biming, it just had to be Sun Biming alone with Wan Tian. To avoid the problem Wan Tian left quickly to a nearby food stall and started to question the workers and villagers there. Sun Biming followed behind and quietly sat behind Wan Tian before using a trick.

 

Wan Tian, who was questioning a scholar, suddenly was “accidentally” pushed by a waiter who’d passed by, therefore causing Wan Tian to fall back into Sun Biming’s lap. Feeling a body behind him, Wan Tian stood up as if he was struck by lightning. Sun Biming who was behind him smirked. 

 

The waiter who accidentally pushed Wan Tian turned around apologizing for the incident. Everyone who was sitting nearby turned around to see a Veiled man who seemed to cause a ruckus. The commotion was still going on as Wei Xue came back from checking in into the Inn, he looked around seeing someone apologize to Elder Wan, then turned to face Sun Biming who was just sitting there. 

 

Wei Xue walked closer and helped the waiter stand up, while the flustered Wan Tian couldn’t come up with any words from his mouth as the incident that had happened was engraved in his head. 

__________________________________

1