The Beginning of the End
633 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!*

The annoying call of an alarm clock filled the room. I attempted to ignore the unwelcome sound after it had woken me up abruptly. After a couple long seconds of the clock screaming, I had to come to terms with the grim truth. It was unfortunately time to begin preparing for my classes. After a minute, I sighed and pulled myself towards my nightstand only to smack the alarm clock's snooze button with pure aggression. After all, ten more minutes of peace wouldn't hurt me right? The light tapping of the rain from the outside was extremely pleasant to me and I didn't want to let this opportunity to avoid life escape. I quickly re-adjusted my posture, putting myself in a prime sleeping position for drifting away into the dream realm. Warm and snug in the safety of my blanket, I closed my eyes and slowly returned to unconsciousness.

*30 MINUTES LATER*

What... what time is it...?

I thrusted myself out of my bed, my brain disoriented and hurt from the small nap I had taken. The rain was much stronger than before, assaulting the outside and creating puddles and mud. The trees outside danced to the sound of the wind, swaying their limbs around. I rubbed my eyes and glared at the alarm clock that failed to alert me. Technology fails me again, no surprise. It read 7:30 AM, a time that meant I was overdue on preparing for school that starts at 8:00 AM.

Well, crap.

I quickly stole the clothes I had prepared the night before and rushed into the bathroom.  The pain from the newly acquired headache was sharp and extremely unpleasant, but I bared with it enough to not give up and go back to sleep. The bathroom door still open and my mind in a wreck, I turned on the shower and attempted to quickly clean my most important areas. The hot water doused my hair and head, warming my insides and relieving my pain for just a brief moment. I could stay here forever...

Ah...

I snapped out of it, due to remembering that my school would not care if I overslept and would still mark me absent and fail me. I turned the valve off and quickly dried myself off using a towel hanging up on the wall. Since some water got on the floor, I used the towel to soak some of it up before kicking it into the pile of my dirty nightclothes from the previous night. I grabbed and equipped my clothing for the day. It was nothing too fancy, consisting of a gray T-shirt, my favorite black name-brand hoodie, a basic pair of jeans, and a cheap pair of shoes. 

Old reliable. These have yet to let me down yet, despite the average person's perspective on cheaper shoes nowadays.

I put on deodorant and skipped brushing my teeth. I would obviously do it tomorrow. Not doing it today wouldn't hurt. I lied to myself like I did everyday. I searched the med cabinet beside the sink for some pain relief. I grabbed the only pain relievers I had and immediately downed them, drinking the water out of the sink to wash them down. A bit unpleasant but it worked. I stood up and faced the mirror, looking at myself. A basic looking boy standing at 5ft 6in (168cm) stared back at me. A bit of leftover water fell from my dark hair as I instinctively frowned at my reflection,

It's me...

I winced and quickly looked away, the frown not leaving my face. I leave the bathroom, entering my room and staring at the mess it had become. The trash that had piled up in the corner had become a sorry sight. I really needed to take that out sometime. Eventually I told myself. Piles of books and manga littered my dresser, which would've been an absolute nightmare to someone organized. I swear I promise to do that next week. Or the week after that. I had "forgotten" to wash my clothes last week, so the smell of sweatiness and week-old man musk was the icing on the cake for this garbage and unsanitary sleep box. The oversized and comfy looking bed would be the only saving grace if it wasn't extremely messy and unmade. I stared at the room for a bit longer before grabbing my huge bookbag and unplugging my phone. Fully charged with my favorite anime character smiling at me just how I liked it. No important notifications, except a couple emails and novel updates. After all, who would be texting me?

Sighing, I shoved my charger in the bag and entered the hallway. Pictures of me along with my mother and sister plagued the walls. Photos of elementary school graduation, comp winning projects I had done for my gifted classes, and actual happy smiles that appeared on my face for each one. These are what my mom refers to as my "prime" days. When I was basically ignorant of everything and only focused on school and hobbies. I honestly just wish she would not compare me to a time I hated so much and try to at least compliment me for the things I do nowadays. Even if they aren't grandiose or amazing. Just say something. Please.

Now that I'm a junior in high school, I feel like I've accomplished nearly nothing compared to my elementary and middle school days. Skipping my classes just because I can't bear to be in them and sleeping when I happen to be in one, my school life has been thrown into the pit of hell. Getting scolded and reprimanded for the things I do to avoid school, but never asked why I do the things. I've attempted to tell why, but I cried for help to ears that have lost their purpose.

I make my way into my living room and towards the door, deciding to skip breakfast since I would not have time to even eat anyway. I open the exit of my home. The rain didn't exactly lighten up during the time I spent preparing myself and was still pouring like there is no tomorrow. I checked my phone. Ten minutes until school officially starts. My mom had already went to work earlier and I knew I had to walk. It wasn't that much of a walk, but maybe a bit unpleasant in the cold rain. I grabbed my umbrella beside the door and opened it up with a bit of a struggle. I stand there for a minute. Just listening to the rain. I step outside and lock the door and make my way to school.

16