Chapter 10 Rescue
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex saw the ugly red chick knocked down due to the wind but ignored by the adult eagles.

After some time, Alex saw no adult eagle taking action, and his mind quickly thought of a way to take that eagle as a pet.

Domesticating Eagles was very hard, even on the earth. Typically, they were domesticated while hatchlings. The bigger they get, the harder it was to domesticate.

Alex was ready to fail and treated it as an experiment. If he succeeded, he would get a new pet. If it fails, it was just some waste of time.

Alex was not scared of the ugly Red chick that can't even fly properly. Since those Blue Eagle don't want him, Alex was eager to try.

Alex climbed down and sneakily moved to the little guy's position. Soon he found the little guy knocked out and lying near a trunk. He was very eye-catching, with his odd red and blue fluff.

Alex gradually approached and saw the small guy bleeding from his right-wing. It was striking cause the wing was blue.

Alex took the first aid kit from his bag. He quickly cleaned the wound and patched it up. Alex looked at the sky and his surroundings and did not find any eagles. Then he placed the ugly Red chick in his backpack and moved back to the cave, like a thief.

Alex does not know that all his actions were actually seen by a Blue eagle perched on the cliff. As Alex climbed the Vicious vines and went into the cave, the blue eagle also moved to a tree outside his cave.

Alex placed the ugly chick on a rock in the shape of a pedestal. He started grilling the meat for two. Good thing he has more meat than he can eat.

Soon, the chick woke up. It looked up daze and saw its surroundings. Finally, its gaze fell on Alex. It looked at him suspiciously.

Alex was ready to make the first impression. He tidied up his clothes, wore a sunny smile, and thought of rhetoric. It does not matter if the little guy does not understand the language. As long as his intentions were conveyed, it will be considered a success.

"Hello, little bird. I saved you from the fall. No need to thank me," said Alex.

The red bird looked at the human and started angrily shrieking as if trying to say something.

Alex did not understand what the bird was crying about. All he heard was screeching.

"Ok, Ok, stop shrieking in my cave," Alex said while waving his arms.

The little bird eventually stopped.

"You want to know who I am and why I bought you here, right?"

The bird stared at him with his big red eyes.

"Luke, I am your father," said Alex in a deep voice and chuckled at his own joke.

The little bird did not get it and started screeching again. The Blue eagle on the outside squinted its sharp blue eyes, and the surrounding air started to vibrate as if angry.

The Blue eagle was about to break into the cave and take action but soon heard the human speak again.

"Haha, I am just kidding. My name is Alex. I saw you fall down and helped you bandage the arm." Alex said while making hand gestures and showing the bandage.

The little guy saw the bandage tied to its wing and stayed calm.

The Blue eagle outside also stopped with his words. Alex does not know that a random joke of him almost bought a disaster to him.

"Hehe, Your parents might be worried. Why don't you go tell them and say you are ok," said Alex acting as a good host.

The bird stared at the entrance covered with the vines as if it can see through it and cried once. The Blue eagle outside also relaxed a little.

The little guy did not screech anymore, which made Alex happy. However, the little bird flapped its wings and tried to fly away.

Alex did not stop it. But soon, the bird lost its balance and fell to the ground. Alex caught it by its neck and placed it back on the pedestal.

It tried to peck him but was unsuccessful.

"You must have misunderstood me. You can leave any time you want. But I advise you to stay for some time until your injury is healed."

The bird did not cry anymore. It lowered its head and closed its eyes as if sleeping.

But soon, it raised its head as a fragrance reached. The meat was also cooked, emitting fragrant.

"Ok, you must be hungry. Here have a bite." Alex placed a few slices of meat in front of the chick on a leaf. It started devouring without politeness.

This guy is straightforward, thought Alex.

As the chick keeps devouring the food. Alex tried to caress its head. Immediately the eagle pecked at its finger.

Alex raised his hands and said, "It's nothing. There is some dust here."

The ugly bird looked at him vigilantly for a second before started devouring again. Soon the food on its leaf was over. It looked at his share of the food.

Alex kept a charming smile and took a few more pieces of food. And hand-fed them to the chick. He had a lot more meat anyways.

Usually, Eagles who just hatched can easily be socialized. But if it's few months old, then the difficulty will be increased exponentially.

You had to do all kinds of things to improve your favorability with them. You need to feed them personally. You also had to give them enough space.

Alex slowly fed it while making sure it did not eat his finger. Soon, he started caressing his head after feeding a piece. It resisted at first and soon gave up, focusing on devouring the food.

'This hairless monkey is a bit annoying, but the food is good though,' thought the little red bird.

The same thing happened during both lunch and dinner. Alex fed the bird with one hand and caressed the bird with the other.

Sometime in the afternoon, the adult Blue eagle also left.

Except for eating, Alex rested for the whole day as intended while the chick recuperated on the pedestal. He did not annoy the little guy but gave him enough room.

2