Chapter 5 [Vol.2]
2k 12 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 2, Chapter 5

Author: HeiaN

Editor: Addanc

Proofreader: ---

There be a discord server! https://discord.gg/eFxrUTB

____________________________________________________________________________

Shortly after the duke went flying into the wall, an older version of Lucy came running out of the house. Maybe they heard the sound of him hitting the wall? She approaches me wearing an amused expression and exclaims, “Good Job!” The she walks over to the unconscious duke while chuckling.

"Oh my my... what do we have here? Oh well. Serves you right." I can hardly hear her talking to herself.

She then says something I can't quite understand, and a small, blue magic circle appears from her hand. From this magic circle a large ball of water accumulates, which she proceeds to throw on the duke!

~Splash!~

The duke jumps up in anger and shouts “Who dares to throw water on me!?”

As he looks around and sees the older version of Lucy standing there, he falls silent.

"What was that?" she asks with a scary smile on her face.

"N-nothing..." He is now acting more timid than a small cat... who is she?

"How dare you try to kill our new son in-law!” she shouts at him.

Wait did she just say son in-law?

“I just wanted to know if he was strong enough to protect Lucy!”

"That's it! You're coming with me!”

Aaaand she's dragging him off... let's not get on her bad side?

“W-wait! Mary! Please hear me out!”
"Shut up, or else I'll pull harder!”
I'm just standing watching this comical scene when she yells back to me, "ah... sorry about all this..."

“eh?”

"Wait here, I'll call Lucy" she yelled as she disappeared into the house.

Not even 5 minutes later Lucy comes out of the house with some water and a towel.

"H-here..." she handed me the towel shyly...

"Ah thanks" I take the towel from her, curiously she keeps looking at me with a flustered look on her face...

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"You beat him!” she sounds like she can hardly believe it. I still don't know what is with her, she spent the entire carriage ride here ignoring me while trying to get on Alicia's good side.

She dejectedly tells me about how he's always challenging the men that come by to fights.

“I see...”

"Please ignore what my mother said to you before!" she pleaded with me. Although I can hear her mumbling the words, "It's not like I dislike you..."

"Before?"

"When mother called you her son in-law!”

“Wait that's your mother?!” she looks way too young.

"Yes that's my mother." Lucy confirms.

"I see.... That explains why she is as beautiful as you."

"eh...? EH!?” She appears to be dumbstruck. “He called me beautiful...”

Well, I'll just ignore her until she stops muttering to herself. I place my mask and cloak into my inventory and rub my face with the towel. “Aaaaah, it's very under those.”

"Yea why didn't Shadow-sama take them off befor..." She froze before finishing her sentence.

I snap my fingers near her. “Lucy? You okay?”

"Sorry!" she tossed the glass of water to me and ran away. Good thing I was able to catch it, but why'd she run away?

Rena and I looked at each other and decided it's time to leave. We headed to the house to bid farewell to Lucy, and her parents. They wanted us to stay but we insisted that it's time to go. If I stayed any longer I feel like that muscle for brains duke will insist on fighting with me again. Before we left we were handed a bag with 50 Platinum coins in it for saving Lucy. (Editors note: Reminder, there is a 1:100 ratio for copper → bronze → silver → gold → platinum)

Lucy's dad also tried insisting on a rematch so I blew him away.

As we were leaving I heard a ~ding~ and the mail icon from the game showed up in front of me. When I clicked on it the first thing I saw was “From the Goddess.

29