Chapter 7 part 2 [Volume 2]
2.4k 9 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Volume 2, Chapter 7, Part 2

Author: HeiaN

Editor: Addanc

____________________________________________________________________________

 

“Alright~ now that you have the Excali-bar... Please kill the Demon Lord Candidate.”

“Demon King Candidate?” I always thought that Demon Kings were just a part of these fantasy worlds.

“Yea... The Demon King Candidate might even be one of the heroes. Unfortunately the selection process is outside of my jurisdiction.”

“The heroes!?” I wasn't really expecting that.

“If the Demon King comes into being, the world's balance will be destroyed. You need to prevent that. For a reward, I'll grant you one wish.”

 

※※

 

I walked outside while ignoring the high priest who kept pestering me...

 

As soon as I stepped outside, my hair became silver again! I panicked and used stealth, not realizing it was already getting dark. Luckily no one was around, so I took out one of my cloaks from my inventory, and once I was wearing it, canceled stealth.

I jumped toward one of the buildings, like a ninja. My footwork is really light, even without stealth, no one can see me.

 

Soon I was about 50 meters away from the inn, I stopped doing that and jumped to the ground, I decided to walk from here because there were so many people around. As I was walking back to the inn, I glanced at an alley and saw a group of thugs surrounding 2 females.

I sneak behind the thugs and observe quietly using stealth.

 

“Boss we got big fish this time!”

“These two are rich!”

“Alright, alright... Shut up! Hey, you two! Leave all your money or else." The biggest of the thugs threatens the two.

“hat should we do Vio?” I hear the one girl ask the other.

“Don't worry Diana, I'll protect you." the one I assumed was Vio replied.

“Looks like force is necessary boys!” said the 'Boss' to his gang as he pulled out a knife.

Well, you know I can't just let 2 pretty girls get killed in front of me... Of course I intervened, knocking out the groups of thugs, one after the other. After they were all unconscious, I started walking away when I heard one of them yelling “Wait!”

I stopped and turned around to see them both run up to me. When they reached me they both expressed their gratitude.

 

"Uhm... are you perhaps Prince Arcadia?" I am asked by the one I assumed to be Diana.

"Prince Arcadia?" I tilted my head and then! I realized my hood fell down! I immediately covered my hair back up with it though. Lucy asked the same question when she saw my hair though.

 

"I'm very sorry for being late introducing myself. My name is Diana Rose from the Rose kingdom.

"My name is Violet Lavender from the Lavender Family. Nice to meet you Prince Arcadia"

It's now well past dark and I'm probably going to be scolded by Rena, so without replying I ran off towards my inn. I can here Diana yelling for me but I just ignored her.

 

Now that I was done explaining myself to Rena, I went to bed and slept soundly. When I woke up the next morning, I remembered I still have that [Dragon Corpse] to get rid of. So after I reminded Rena about it, we headed to the Adventurer's Guild.

 

When we entered we told the receptionist that we wanted an audience with the guild master, and after showing her our Guild Cards, she ran off immediately. After about a minute she comes back and guides us to the Guild Master's room. As we arrive she knocks on the door.

“Enter!” a booming voice comes from beyond the door.

Our goal today is to unload the [Dragon Corpse], and to get information on the whereabouts of the Grandmaster Alchemist.

 

 

In a dimly lit room in an unknown location.

Seven people of various race were kneeling before the man sitting on the makeshift throne. His right hand was supporting his jaw.

Beside him was a beautiful woman with alluring clothes and a pair of black wings. She was of the Succubus race.
"Demon King-sama. Our mission to gather the blood of Vampires has been accomplished. In addition the Flower Empire has been destroyed. We are still hunting down at least two more people.”

“At least?” the demon king asked.

“Recently reports have reached us that the assassination attempt on Prince Arcadia failed and that he is currently in the Red Rose Kingdom.” 
“Truly incompetent!” the Demon King yelled. “I want this matter resolved” he said as he stood up to leave.

 

[/modern_footnote]

32