Chapter 18: Black Widows Debut
6.6k 10 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Fastest Man Alive
Chapter 18:
The Black Widow's Debut

 

I got up from my desk to head for the office wall to get changed. I had a hidden compartment for my super suit. "Alfred Is the Widow suit ready?" I asked to the air. "Yes, it was prepared while you were sparring with Miss. Romanovna. Would you like me to notify her of her impending heroic appearance?" asked Alfred from the mounted speakers. "Yeah, tell her to suit up. We are about to dub her a hero and kick bad guy ass." After telling him that I performed a quick change. The suit I am wearing today was a combination of the GODSPEED suit and the future FLASH suit.

I changed out the all white from the GODSPEED suit with the blue, but I was adding advanced tech like what was in the future suit. The spinal protector was made out of Adamantium to make sure that there are zero chances of it getting destroyed and in turn, crushing my spine. I had a full nano-tech system installed along the back area. Then on both wrists, I had smart, miniaturized hologram tech installed. For my helmet, I went with the GODSPEED helmet with the robust face enclosure. The whole helmet can retract on command with just a thought.

I figured out Tony's sub-dermal implants and combined it with DR. OTTO's neural connectors built into the systems so each operated with mental commands. The eye lens had my custom crystal refraction tech that provides me with a heads up display so that I no longer had to look at my arms for navigation and other things. I also solved the coms blackout associated with high speeds using Quantum Entangled communications gear. All suites in the future will receive these upgrades. Looking at myself over in the mirror, I looked Heroic. With that out of the way, it was time for the fun stuff.

When I went to the roof, Natasha was there with her mask off just waiting on the ledge. "Why am I here, and why am I in this thing?" Natasha asked me with a straight face. 
"We are about to introduce the world to the BLACK WIDOW," I told her while standing up on the ledge checking over my web shooters. With a check on the roofs holo-projectors to make sure no one will realize we came from this building, it was party time. "Why are you on the ledge?" Natasha asked me while raising her eyebrows. "I plan to go in style to the shoot out. I know you already figured out those web-shooters, so I am going to show you how to use them for transportation. Remember its all about the leap of faith," I told her as I jumped off the ledge.

FWIP!!!

I shot out a web line connecting me to the nearest ledge, and then I surrendered to gravity. This was so amazing, and I couldn't wait to figure out flight. I traveled four blocks before bringing up my team display, and I should not have been as surprisedas I was. Natasha was a trained killer, dancer, and gymnast, so of course, she had no fear of going web-slinging. I took a peek over live coms since she was using the full head enclosure, and I caught her smiling. That was an exciting development for another time, "Overwatch; this is LIGHTSPEED and BLACKWIDOW please come in."

"Overwatch clear on coms LIGHTSPEED, WIDOW, we have clear lines of communications, and we have the camera on the shoot out. We do recommend getting there sooner because the cops don't seem to be in good shape." Replied Jean from the Overwatch station I had built to help fight crime and keep track of any other operations we had going on.

"WIDOW, tell me how are the webs hooters?" I asked over coms. "I could get used to this." Natasha relied back on coms. "Alright, hop on my back, and I will get us there," I told her. With the BLACK WIDOW on my back, it was time to get into some action. We arrived on the scene just in time to find a massive car explosion in mid-freeze. Natasha didn't even wait for my commands. Out of her wrist sprang webs, grabbing the cop that was about to be mulched by the shockwave frozen in mid-air like a ripple in the pond. With a tap on my back, Natasha jumped up, but since I had never told her about the features of my aura. Natasha was back to standard time after she left its boundaries. Natasha was currently frozen in time to my perspective, but I knew she could handle herself, so it was time for me to focus on saving people. 

Then I can worry after getting everyone to safety and out of the combat zone. I pulled cops out from behind vehicles. Then I had to move people that were sticking around to video the scene. Then once I made sure everyone was good, it was time to play sidekick to the BLACK WIDOW. Soon as I pulled up beside a vehicle and returned my perception to standard time, I was slammed with noise, but I was ready for it now. Inside my helmet, I had installed sensory proofing to stop myself from suffering sensory overload. I had auto transition lens tech installed and miniature sound dampers for explosions. Natasha finished her flip out of the air landing on the police cruiser that I was currently taking cover behind. "So want to throw the car at them?" I asked her from my crouch behind the vehicle snatching any stray rounds heading in our direction while the bad guys looked confused with the disappearance of the police.

Natasha only raised her eyebrow at me. "Aye, this is your show, I am just making suggestions," I replied shrugging at her. Then Natasha pulled off a near-impossible dodge, and I had to catch the bullet heading for my face. I looked, and the asshole that fired at us was frozen mid shock, it seems he didn't get the memo, and his ass was about to be grass. I was about to smash in both his kneecaps when I stopped after the look I had seen on Natasha's face.  He was fucked, and he didn't even realize it yet. "You can break him if it looks like an accident to the people recording and I am sure this goes without needing to be said but no killing," I told BLACK WIDOW, because she had the killer look in her eyes directed at the fool that decided it was best to get a sneak shot in during our conversation.

Natasha didn't even acknowledge what I told her, but she did launch herself clear across the fifty feet expanse of the no man zone made during the firefight. Natasha rotated during the mid flip and then brought down her leg in a heel drop.

CRACK!

There was a resounding crack from the gunmen as he slammed into the hood of the car he was behind. Then Natasha proceeded to destroy the rest. As Natasha was in a roundhouse kicking another while webbing up one more. I decided to gather up the weapons, as I picked up the last AK-47, I turned around to see the first guy she smacked down getting back up.

I was about to approach him and deliver a judo chop to the back of his neck when I noticed Natasha shook her head in my direction. Natasha did a roll then came upon him with a palm slam directed towards his knee. 

Crack!

His leg went out at a very awkward angle, then Natasha followed with a palm strike uppercut. With that move, his head slammed back into the car, and he was down and out. Natasha proceeded to web up the rest then turned to me and shrugged. Well, that was easy. Since everyone was taken care of it was time to make sure the cops were okay.
The cops were grateful that we came to the rescue. Although the male cops were giving Natasha a scared look, the two lady officers were eating it up with a female hero out helping. We left as we heard the paramedics sirens, but Natasha refused a ride back to the HQ. 

She wanted to try out her web shooters some more with swinging through the city. That was fine though because I found the girls were immediately TEAM BLACK WIDOW and I got overlooked somehow. I make all the toys, the money, and set everything up, but as soon as a lady hero shows up, I am the second fiddle: Go figure. 

No, I really wasn't feeling salty at all — not one bit. After checking the coms to hear the girls talking up Natasha on some more crime in progress, it was time for me to make my moves. Alfred has files on the Mayor and Governor doing some shady deals, but what got me excited was the photos of the DA at some pony house getting his cheeks blown out by some big hairy guy. 

These photos were next level graphic, and I had Alfred self-destruct the nano-flys on principle. They were in the same room as the DA taking a thirteen-inch pole up the rear and then throating the thing. Yeah, it was a waste, but I didn't want to look at those things and bring back up that scene in my mind. The last I checked he was happily married and was not out of the closet, so this was a nice in for blackmail. I want my hero team legal in the city of NY and not ride this odd grey area we had with the city's authorities. 

The citie's DA was on his private boat heading out to go fishing, so this was the perfect time to get to him and have him agree to my plans. Before I could make that pit stop and get the DA to agree to some new rules, I made a stop back at base to pick up a blackout unit. With my tools in hand, I followed the GPS tracking I had on the DA, although Natasha was disappointed about not coming with me for something like this. I told Natasha to enjoy being the female hero because I will have her blackmail the rest later.

I found the DA with his autopilot on heading out of the bay, with a quick check around to make sure no one had us under surveillance it was time to make my move. With a toss, I sent some miniature override dampers to take over controls and keep the COAST GUARD off our tail for a while. The first move the DA did was run for his radio to make a call. Well, I'll be damned, he was super skittish, and that might bite me in the ass later. Now I had to make plans to remove him once I can find a suitable replacement. With a sigh, I just sat in his captain seat while he was freaking out.

This was an excellent boat, and I was surprised he was piloting this all on his own, but I wasn't so impressed with the DA. He was a pasty faced large Latino guy that has to be in his mid-fifties, he wasn't overweight or anything, but he was balding on the top.  Ignoring his crying, I brought out the video of him being bent over a table while his big bear of a boyfriend plowed his asshole to seventh heaven. The look the DA gave me was one of pure horror, and I knew I had him. 

"So ready to stop crying and listen to my demands?" I asked from my seat. "Please, where did you get that?" Asked the DA, crying. "Don't worry about where it came from just worry about the footage that I have," I told him bringing up another video where he was getting triple teamed by three big guys. I had to shudder at that because I couldn't even fathom how he was taking two up the back while sucking down a third. The guy had massive amounts of talent at least. "Here is what I need from you to make sure that this footage doesn't see the light of day," I told him while sending away the video. "The Mayor and Governor will be contacting you about a project with details of a hero group going around helping the police force. You are going to be all for it and suggest making them a special task force under civilian oversight to make it legal as well as protect the city from lawsuits. Star Industries will be your oversight group.

In return, this video goes in a deep dark hole, and you will have more legal authority in your prosecutions, helping you to keep your percentages up. That seems fair to me, and no one will be able to witness your impressive skills. I wonder how your kids in high school will feel watching their father spread eagle for a team to go to town on him." When I said that I brought out the other video of him in front of a line of guys waiting their turn for his ass. The DA had decided to wear a mask in this one, but I had the whole footage of him driving there and getting ready. I did not need to kink shame him since he was a trooper taking over fifteen guys in one round, but damn I had to give him his props on this one.

When I brought up the video, he broke down crying, and that made the whole situation awkward. The man had sprouted a woody while watching the video's and that left me speechless. Now, I felt like the bad guy in this situation, but I had to brush such feelings aside. This needed to be done so that I could have the top players in my hands. There was no way I was going to pay these assholes off when I could just blackmail them with their darkest secrets. "I'll agree to it, just don't release these please, I'll be ruined." squeaked the DA.

"Nah big chief, that asshole is already ruined but as long as you play ball when I come calling. You're in the clear to do what you like to do best. Like getting those ass cheeks of yours blown out. And your wife won't get a video, and she won't divorce you.." I told him as I prepared myself to leave. "You're just going to leave just like that?" the DA asked. "Yeah, I already got my agreement, so there is no reason for me to make more demands of you." And with that, I was gone back towards the city.

While I was heading back towards base Alfred pinged my coms with a location that Psylocke appeared at fighting some six armed ninja lady. That was surprising because I thought she was going to stay off the radar longer so I couldn't find her. Now that I had her location, I wasn't about to let her escape me again. I sent Natasha the information on the Governor and the Mayor and made my way towards Taiwan. I needed to get information Psylocke had on the meta-hunters and how she came in contact with them. 

There was also my little payback to have. I doubt she was going to survive past today. With the thought of her being in that base willingly, I took a hard step blasting water up into a huge wave. I blasted myself up into the air heading for where she was fighting who I would guess would be Spiral. There were no other six armed Metahumans that I knew of other than myself.


TAIWAN

I followed the markers on my HUD, and it showed that this was the current location of Psylocke when a massive explosion went off near the shipyards docks. When I looked in that direction, red blips started to pop up on my HUD as Alfred was notifying me about cameras getting destroyed in that general location.

That had to be the location where they were having their showdown because there was no way I ran out here and she gets killed while I was here. When I got down to the street level, I found the ladies in a tangled heap with blades flashing in the light.

Spiral had four blades in each hand and two more on her upper arms, Psylocke, on the other hand, was fighting with her katana and charged sword in the other hand. It didn't look like any side was going to win this fight. With a mental command for the entire area to be blacked out, I made my move, and since Psylocke got me last time, this was my turn for revenge. Neither of them saw me coming. I deflected Spirals sword mid-swing heading for Psylocke's neck while turning around and slamming my shoulder into Pylockes chest sending her flying.

Spiral had snow white hair and looked like a more muscular built version of  Laci Kay the Instagram model before my death. Spiral was wearing what seemed like an all black tactical suit with a large white X on the front. Around her calves she had some white looking leg warmers, on her knees were diamond shaped knee pads. Each of her six arms had a black sleeve with silver marks at each of her elbow locations. 

While I was checking her out, Spiral decided to swing her swords at me. Since I was a gentleman and liked fair fights, I brought out my other four arms and blasted lightning down each of the blades. Where I thought she would have dropped her swords, Spiral gritted her teeth and pushed through the pain. I was impressed with that, but I needed Psylocke, so this was the end for Spiral. When I was about to amp up the power and blast her back to kingdom come, I heard her mumble something about no one will stand in the way of her saving her sister. That was surprising because of my general knowledge of the comics and her background. Spiral never had family, and she was from some MOJO world dimension.

Then again CYCLOPS got three rounds to the chest, so life was not like cannon Marvel at all. Dropping the lightning at her, I could help but ask, "What do you mean you're trying to save your sister?" I asked Spiral. "She was with the team that took my sister," Spiral growled at me. Yeah, this was an interesting development, alright. "Alright, I also need information out of her, okay. So here is the deal we get what we want from her. Then end her so we can go rescue your sister." I told her while walking towards the laid out Psylocke.

"You're not here to save her then?" Asked Spiral giving me the side eye. "Nope, I found her escaping a Metahuman experimentation facility when I was destroying the base. She tricked me then made her escape. Once I sorted through all the data from the base, I found that they had paid her for mercenary work." I told Spiral while growling myself. The memories of that ass kicking I did was ruined by the fact I fell for such an easy play.

Spiral raised an eyebrow at me when I called us Metahumans and smiled when I told her about smashing the base. With a hand raised I blasted Psylocke with a bolt of lightning, it might seem petty, but I was trying hard not to enjoy getting her back. Psylocke bolted upwards when she woke up, but I was ready for her, With a spartan kick to the chest she went back down. "Stay down, or I will put you down. We have questions, and you have answers." I started, trying to keep my anger in check.

"Shouldn't I be the angry one here?" Spiral asked me while cocking her head to the side. "I'm not a fan of traitors who keep our kinds in chains," I replied to Spiral. "I am no traitor to any kind." Growled Psylocke. "Did you not take payment to watch over a Metahuman experimentation facility and did you not  help them take her sister?" I asked Psylocke while pointing to Spiral.

"I had no choice. They have my brother." Psylocke yelled back at us. Well, fuck more cliche'd bullshit, like of course, they would have someone of hers to force her to work for them. "Ugh, see this is the bullshit that I am trying to avoid. Where are they keeping prisoners." I could not help but ask while rubbing my forehead. "What, you're just going to trust her like that?" Asked Spiral in disbelief.

"I can tell that she isn't lying, it's one of my powers," I told Spiral since there is no way I was going to reveal I can read someone's biosignature. I wanted to get rid of her and not deal with problems, but that's not what heroes do. The facility is underground; it's Yushan National Park," Psylocke spoke up fast once she realized I was going to help. I could only sigh at that because of course the base is located under some nationally protected grounds. "Fine, she can lead us there, but if she betrays us, I am killing her." Snarled Spiral while turning around and heading somewhere. Psylocke held her hand out for me to help her up, but I turned away totally ignoring her. 

"Alfred, contact the Professor and let him know we might need a pickup. Also, find me some wheels since I now have company." I spoke into my communicator. I would have to build myself a jet soon, especially if I am going to start running into situations like this. While I was checking my utility belt for the items, I might need for breaking into a secure base Spiral came running up in Jeep 4x4. Well, I'll be damned if she isn’t good help.

I called shotgun then took the passenger seat next to Spiral which left Psylocke to the backseat with the open canopy. After giving them each a comms unit, it was time to head into the night and wreak havoc. While Spiral was driving and following the instructions given to her by Psylocke, I started up another file labeled Javelin for the carrier jet I wanted to build for operations. I also had to put in plans to buy land around Salem Upstate by where the X-mansion was located. Then I also drew up plans and made Alfred contact the town's sheriff, with the thoughts in mind to make it not only the most advanced town in the world but also one of my bases of operations.

Psylocke had directed Spiral to drive up to an exit shaft that leads directly into the base. Getting out, we took a look, and it was a long way down. Taking out a few marbles from my utility belt, I then dropped them down. On my wrist mounted hologram popped up the video feeds from the miniature drones I dropped in. They relayed my wireless signal allowing Alfred to jack in and give me the video feeds. "I will go for the rescue first while you ladies make as much noise as you like. Our ride out of this is currently thirty minutes out, so don't get left behind because I plan to blow this place to hell." I told them as I jumped over the edge.

It was time to be a hero, so I had to put aside all my issues with working with Psylocke. I hit the floor running since I could absorb and send anything I wanted into the speed force. That means the landing caused me no damage at all. When I got to the secure cells, I found six people in select containment units and at least twenty more in a cell that was far too small to fit all of them. Using a few ice pellets, I froze over all the locks before breaking them. 

I found one girl in what could only be described as a metal prison. These sick fucks had fashioned an iron maiden into a containment cell just for her. It also turned out that she was the sister to Spiral and that Psylocke's brother was okay.  Now came the fun part, which was the escape. With me removing all the power-dampening collars, everyone went wild with their abilities, causing chaos in the base. Alfred was blacking out all the footage of the event, while also selling off wine, artworks, even equipment, anything and everything he found was up for sale. Even the information in the servers and then all the funds were being transferred to my hidden accounts. Missing people reports were being solved, and the paperwork was being filed for the police to receive when they get into work the following day.

I knew it wouldn't be enough, but I was hoping to at least give some families closure about their missing loved ones. With Alfred taking care of the things I didn't want to be bothered with, I turned my focus on more important things, like our escape and the incoming X-jet.

With a step I moved in front of all the prisoners, when I did, my arm constructs the green girl I was carrying gasped. That means she was the sister of the Spiral, and I did rescue the right one. "FOLLOW ME AND DON'T FALL BEHIND," I yelled to the rest.
With swords forming in my hands, I moved with a purpose. With each swing of my blades, I was sending out lightning in arcs killing anyone that decided to stop us. From my HUD, I was following the progress of Spiral and Psylocke, and they were working in an efficient tandem to take down everyone. The alarms started to go off, and the people I had come to save started to freak out even more, Like this wasn't already a highly stressful situation. I turned and tasered the nearest person and had a force clone pick him up.

"NEXT PERSON THAT SCREAMS IS GOING TO GET HIS ASS TASERED ALSO!" I yelled to get them under control. "Who put you in charge?" Asked some random ass person. "I PUT ME IN CHARGE! Since I rescued you and you got yourself captured and shit. Now shut up and follow." With that, I turned around and started heading for the exit. "LIGHTSPEED I have slaved the base's self destruct to your wrist computers, and I have taken the liberty to activate their remote explosives to the same systems." Spoke up Alfred, and that put a smile on my face. All we had to do now was make it out of here alive.

WWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

A wall of sound slammed into me, but I was already reacting to it. Fuck that hurt, but I couldn't focus on that right now. Right now, the only thing that matters is survival and escape. I retreated around a corner and left the green girl in the air while I went around the corner to rescue all the rest that were about to be hit with that wall of sound. I took one last look at it before I realized, it was one of the kinds they will use against the Hulk in New York. This damn thing was also something made by Stark Tech, and knowing Stark its made with robust designs.

I tried to get past it, but the air was solidified with the sound waves, and I was not happy I couldn't get past this thing. Then I tried slicing it with my sword, and I noticed a ripple in the air. That was progress at least, but I refused to spend hours in the speed force while trying to hack my way through this sound wall. I was stuck, and I wasn't happy about that. But I had a nasty little surprise plan for them. Returning to where I left everyone, I made sure they were okay. "SURRENDER, AND WE WON'T KILL ANYONE!" The guards spoke over the intercom.

They were sorely mistaken because I wasn't planning on being anyone's prisoner today. I walked back about ten feet and found the electricity outlet on the wall. I used my construct hands to stick into the outlet, then forced a speed force construct into the systems. I knew what I wanted, so with some focus, I was able to get the clone to pop out of the light fixture above their heads. With a spike in my power, I stepped through space for an instant substitution swap with the clone. I fell on top of them like I was a spider monkey. "YA! BITCHES!" I yelled out while falling. The first one that turned up to look at me had his eyes widened in horror, and the one next to him leaked out yellow fluids onto the ground. The third that was with them screamed like a little girl. 

I couldn't help but grimace because they lacked in any menace that should come with being henchmen. I lashed out with two hands to grab onto the first guards head. Using the leverage, I swung myself clear of the piss-stained ground. The first guard's neck was not meant for such moves, so when I put that much force on it, his neck snapped with a sickening crunch. Tossing his lifeless body while I was still in mid-air, I lashed out with my leg sticking the third guard smashing his knee to the side while also feeling the leg break in at least four places. And with that finished, I was back onto the ground in a crouch.  The last guard held his hands up and then bolted to run away, but he ran in the same direction the sound cannon was facing. The second guard didn't even make it five steps past the safety line when the sound cannon pulverized him. I could only shake my head at the man because he went from pissing himself to self-inflicted death. 

I went back to check the rest, and when I checked on the green girl, she was doing better, but the rest was looking at me with pale faces. That was fine since they were more likely to obey me now. I had a clone pick the girl up so that I could have my hands free for any more surprises that might head our way. We made our way to the launch bay where all these excellent vehicles were being kept: but that wasn't the deal now. Most of the cars were destroyed by the firefight that was going down between the two women I brought with me and the other security forces that were trying to kill them.

Leaving the rest behind with the clones, I went out to relieve the rest of the security of their souls. With more power, I was displaying day after day. I was starting to understand how savagely DC had nerfed The Flash in his TV series and comics. Thankfully, I had just solved my communications issues at FTL speeds, so not much could stand in my way. Although I had to squash that thought because Victor Von Doom is alive and well, I hope he keeps his focus only on Reed because I don't want to face him until I have everything in place to wipe him and his Doom bots out. Every guard in the launch bay lost their heads within a matter of seconds. When I came to a full stop in front of the two deadly ninja ladies, they didn't even flinch. With a nod to them, I commanded my clones to bring over the rest of the rescued.

Spiral bolted directly for the green girl, "Pammy! You're okay!" She yelled while pulling her sister out of the clone's hands. Psylocke did the same to some brown haired boy, but I wasn't paying them any more attention. The thing that now had my attention was the damn mini tank that just rolled in. "EVERYBODY GET DOWN!!!" I screamed while sending a blast of lightning towards the tank. It seems someone has been paying attention to me because the lightning just bounced off the tank. That would mean they were using non-conductive metals. Fuck, I wasn't prepared for something like this to happen so soon. Checking my utility belt I only had three ice pellets left. I had come too far to allow some shit tank to stop me. While it was turning its turret towards me, I vanished from its line of sight. I went running right into the side of the tank delivering a mighty spartan kick at mach two speeds fueled with my lightning.

CRACK!!! CRACK!!!!

AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH

My knee fucking broke and fixed within a matter of a second. Slamming my leg into a reinforced tank was not the best idea even though I was able to make a dent. I noticed that the lightning I had charged up my leg with was being absorbed by some coils sticking out of the side of the tank.  Shit, they were planning for someone like me to show up. Fuck me sideways, with that in mind I went back to where everyone else was hiding.

"Any more smart ideas?" Asked Spiral while looking at me like I was a complete idiot.
"Aye, I put a dent in it if you haven't noticed," I yelled back at her while pointing at the tank still tilted on its side.

CRASH!!!

And with that declarations, the tank crashed back down on its treads. "How about we stop fighting and figure out a way to survive this mess." Yelled Psylocke from her spot, and when I looked at her, I noticed her blade, that was when it clicked for me. "Yo, stripper spandex is that sword made from Adamantium metal?" I asked Psylocke while forming a crazy plan in my mind. "Stripper what now?" Psylocke spoke sounded far too insulted for a lady wearing what could quickly amount to swimwear. "Your sword he wants to know if its made from Adamantium," Spiral asked while keeping an eye on the tank that was currently stuck in its spot.

"Yeah, it is custom made too." Replied Psylocke, and that was all I needed to hear. I was already moving when the tank fired overhead.

I didn't even ask permission. I just yanked the sword out of Psylocke's hands. I was already slicing the rubble that was falling onto our cover. With swift kicks, everything was directed away from the people underneath me. 

With a glance, I was able to confirm that everyone was safe, and that means it was time to dismantle myself a tank. While I was heading for the treads, I sliced off the turret with my first pass. With the tank turret relieved by half, I tossed in the last of my freeze pellets. The pellets I tossed out froze mid-air heading towards the tank, with a few quick swipes of the blade I removed the tanks treads and also cut off the coils they were using to absorb my lightning.

I was already doing my studies on the applications of my brand of energy. Then there were my black server studies into synthesizing a speed particle for powering the truly crazy ideas I had. With the coils in hand, I finished dismantling the tank by carving out a chunk from the engine.

Once I returned to my location, everyone jumped from the debris falling around us. Psylocke had a surprised look on her face when she looked down, and her sword was gone from her hands. 

She looked at me, and with a nod, I threw the sword by the handle back at her.

BOOM! BOOM!

When I turned around to see where that noise was coming from, I turned to see Logan falling from the rafters tangled up with a group of guards. Lucky or unlucky for him even Laura was within the group stabbing away at them. Ugh, I could only sigh at this, since this could only mean that he stopped off at my HQ to pick her up and if he has her that means. "Hey, lover boy, you went out to save the city, and now you're picking up more women? What would Gwen and Jean think about that?" Natasha playfully spoke up over my comms channel.

"I have no relationship with these two other than saving their families. So don't spread that around." I replied to Natasha. "So you wouldn't mind if I hire these two then," Natasha asked me as she jumped out of the X-jet and through the hole in the roof that Logan made. "I want them to talk to the Professor first, and I am not in the trusting mood with Psylocke," I replied while looking around for the bay door panels. I had finally found the controls to open the bay doors, but Natasha was shadowing me once more. "So we are smashing into bases now and committing international crimes?" Natasha asked me with a raised eyebrow. I looked at her then played the video of the Metahumans dying while being drained of their blood. 

"This is what I am fighting, innocent people being kidnapped to be drained for their blood because they have the active X gene. This is the fight, yes, I will be saving the city and eventually help the world, but this is the fight. Save those who can't save themselves." I told her, this cause Natasha to drop her playful attitude. "Like you did with me?" Natasha asked me, and then she gave me her slow cat-like smile. "Thanks." and with that Natasha left to go check over the people I had rescued. While Natasha had left, Logan came walking over with Laura right behind him.

"Tell me, kid, why are you always finding these things?" Logan asked while pulling out a cigar. "I am hunting the hunters Logan, that's all. I hope the Professor has enough room for them." I could only reply with a shrug. "Yeah, Chuck will be fine; he isn't exactly happy with how you're doing things, but he loves having the little ones around the mansion," Logan replied.

"Why did you not ask for assistance, the way you have approached this is highly inefficient." Stated Laura while looking around and taking in the sites of dismembered bodies and the like.

"No plan survives contact with the enemy, so I like to keep myself flexible. Also, I was halfway around the world when I got the information. So I made the call and stuck with it." I told the brooding teenager. "Hanks is in the jet, and so is O, so let's get this show on the road," Logan grunted to the both of us. We all piled into the X-jet when I noticed that Natasha was back being my shadow with a sickly sweet smile on her face. Just the look alone sent a shudder down my spine because it was clear she was up to no good.

I had the BIG RED BUTTON up and ready to press when I had noticed the look she was giving me. "What is it?" I couldn't help my curiosity. "I need a couple million to form a team," Natasha stated while she kept up that smile of hers. A few million isn't so bad, not when I was able to refill half the funds I had spent on STARKS stocks. "That's fine, you already have a quarter million for your operations, but it can be upped to half a billion if you want to add in people," I told her while sorting through the rest of the information waiting for Hank to take off.

That sent Natasha into silence again before she had that smile back on her face. "I want to hire the two femme fatales for my team," Natasha stated. That I was not prepared to hear at all. I was fine hiring Spiral, but I wasn't okay with Psylocke at all. "I don't mind you making the call on who you hire, but I am fifty-fifty on Psylocke. That could be because I had a bad experience with her. Now that her brother is safe, I will extend the olive branch and let bygones be bygones since you want her." I told Natasha while bringing up my wrist hologram with the BIG RED BUTTON. Before I could press the button, a caramel skin toned hand came over my shoulder and pushed it for me. 

BOOOOM!!! BOOOOOOM!!! 

SWOOOOSHHH!!!  BOOOOOM!!!

I was surprised because I knew who that arm belonged to. Standing in between myself and Natasha was Ororo watching the base burn. "I didn't know you were into things like this," I asked Ororo while turning back around to watch the base burn as the ramps came up. "One should enjoy the finer things in life. Also, next time do send me an invite." Stated Ororo while she walked away.

Natasha turned and gave me that slow lazy smile of hers.

141