Chapter 10 – First unit.
220 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ayako are you going to stay?”(E)

“Yep, I don’t want to miss anything.”(A)

“What do you mean?.”(E)

“Not many people have two soul items and even fewer have a unique magic that gives them a third soul item. Something interesting might happen and I don’t want to miss it.”(A)

“Don’t you have work? (E)

“I don’t have fixed work hours.”(A)

“Why don't you, isn’t working at the guild important.”(E)

“That’s because my father is the guild master.”(A)

Ayako’s father is the guild master this is not what I expected.

“That must mean, you are pretty important too. If your father is the guild master why do you work there?”(E)

“I’m not that important I haven't done anything t make myself important. I work there because it’s fun and my father says that I have to work now that I'm an adult.”(A)

“If you are going to continue following me let’s go back to the arena.”(E)

Turning around we walk back to the arena.

Now how do I buy something?

Opening the book again I have twenty points I can spend. As infantry are the determining factor for what else I can buy it makes sense to buy them first.

Deciding to buy my first section I turn to the page with the different units and touch the option for a section. Once I touch it the page turns on its own to a page that reads.

You have purchased one infantry section 15 Procurement points have been deducted. Please wait ten minutes for your new unit to arrive.

I have to wait ten minutes so they don’t just magically appear out of thin air in from of me.

“Ayako is there anything we can do for ten minutes?”(E)

“Hmm, I could teach you a bit about magic”(A)

“That sounds good.”(E)

“Is there anything specific you want to know?”(A)

“How common is magic?”(E)

Ayako looks confused at my question.

“Everyone can use some form of magic. Doesn’t everyone know that?”(A)

“well then I'm the odd one out.”(E)

“Alright then. Everyone can use three different types of magic. Soul magic everyone can use with little control of magical energy. most races are born with one type of elemental magic connected to their race. The last space can be used for either spiritual or elemental magic. The main problem with magic is it takes a long time to learn. So the short-lived races like Humans and some beastkin never get that good with magic at most they can create a small flame. Only the long-lived races ever get good or become a master in magic and that is mostly only focusing on one type of magic. In short, everyone can use magic but it is very difficult to use.”(A)

“Thank you. Is spiri-”(E)

I was interrupted when someone wearing armour ran into the arena shouting.

“IS THERE A LADY SILVANA HERE”(Unknown soldier)

“My name is Silvana.”(E)

“Finally I found you. They forced their way in looking for you”(Unknown soldier)

Looking to where he is pointing I see twelve men and women of different races all in WW1 style British uniforms carrying what look like Lee Enfield rifles.

Marching to where I am they line up in two rows of five with the corporal standing slightly forward in the centre of the first row and the lance corporal standing behind the second row in the middle. They all stand up straight and saluting.

The corporal is a beastkin with wolf ears and tail.

Stepping forward the corporal announces.

“I am corporal Valfred of the 1st infantry section of the Royal Silvana army.”(V)

“Stand at ease.”(E)

Saying this they relax into a more comfortable position.

“so you are the first to join my army?”(E)

“Yes my lady.”(V)

“let's see what you can do.”(E)

Announcement
Discord - https://discord.gg/qBf55FFP
17