Chapter 14 – Monster hunting part 3/3
188 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We continue our journey in search of monsters. There are now seven of us five were injured and two went to escort them back.

“Corporal how long have we been walking?”(E)

The corporal takes out a pocket watch.

“We have been walking for about three hours ma’am.”(V)

“Three hours and we haven't found any monsters yet.”(E)

“I’m sure we will find some eventually ma’am.”(V)

“I hope we do.”(E)

I hope we don’t have to go much further. I only wanted to continue for a short while kill a few monsters and return. It doesn’t seem that’s going to happen.

“CONTACT THREE O’CLOCK”(soldier)

Looking around to my right I see five sand wolves running towards us.

“FORM UP AND FIRE AT WILL.”(V)

As the corporal says this the soldier form a line and start firing like before the wolves were cut down as they run towards us.

Awoooooooo

“CONTACT SIX O’CLOCK”(Soldier)

I look behind me to see more wolves coming towards us.

“CONTACT NINE O’CLOCK.”(soldier)

I look around to see more wolves coming from our left. We are now surrounded on three sides. There are not many of them we can take them.

“EVERYONE STAND YOUR GROUND WE CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THIS. THIS MIGHT BE MORE OF A CHALLENGE THAN BEFORE BUT WE WILL PREVAIL.”(E)

“”HUZZAH!””

They all shout loud enough that you can’t hear the sound of gunfire. Am I that good at making speeches? Maybe I should become Queen so I can keep making speeches.

“CONTACT TWELVE O’CLOCK. WE ARE SURROUNDED.”(Soldier)

This isn’t good we could take them when they were coming from one or two directions but. With our current force, we can’t fight them all off.

“FORM A CIRCLE”(V)

As he says this the soldiers form a circle with me, Wolfram and the corporal in the centre. I take out my revolver and prepare to fire.

All around me I can hear non stop gunfire echoing across the open desert. As the wolves get closer I open fire with my revolver but there are too many of them. They keep coming at us like waves crashing against a cliff. They charge but before they can get close enough they get cut down by rifle fire.

“HOLD FIRM WE CAN PREVAIL.”(E)

“BELIEVE IN HER HIGHNESS WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS. HUZZAH!”(V)

““HUZZAH.””

Once again they drown out the sound of gunfire.

Hours go by and they continue to come at us.

“How are we doing for ammunition.”(E)

“We are running low we can probably fight for about another half hour at this rate.”(V)

“We need I solution and fast.”(E)

We need to take down the leader as soon as possible but how. If the leader is hiding and we are stuck here how can we get to them? Can wolfram use sand magic to find it?

“Wolfram can you use sand magic to find the leader?”(E)

“I should be able to I will need at least fifteen minutes.”(W)

“Go then and be quick. Godspeed to you.”(E)

With that Wolfram uses sand magic to surf on the sand and leaves.

“FIFTEEN MINUTES. THAT IS HOW LONG WE NEED TO HOLD OUT FOR CAN YOU DO IT.”(E)

““YES MA’AM””

“I CAN’T HEAR YOU CAN YOU DO IT!”(E)

“”YES MA’AM!!””

“GOOD NOW GET TO WORK. I AM COUNTING ON YOU ALL.”(E)

“YOU HEARD HER HIGHNESS. LET'S DO OUR BEST TO SHOW OUR BRAVERY AND LOYALTY.”(V)

“”HUZZAH!””

After this, for the next twenty minutes, it felt like the gunfire has intensified. But how?

Wolfram is late we don’t have long left. If the corporal is correct we have about ten minutes left.

Wolfram hurry up.

Fives minutes left.

KABOOM!

What was that? About a minute later Wolfram comes into view.. As he gets closer I can see that he has been injured. Once he reaches us he falls down and shouts.

“VICTORY.”(w)

“MEN YOU HEARD HIM THE LEADER HAS BEEN DEFEATED. THIS IS NOW A CLEANUP OPERATION.”(E)

After about another ten minutes we managed to kill all the wolves.

“WE ARE VICTORIOUS. WE MANAGED TO PREVAIL THROUGH OUR GREATEST CHALLENGE YET.”(E)

“”HUZZAH!!!””

this time the shouting is the loudest it has been yet even though they are probably all exhausted.

Now, all we have to do is return to the town.

Looking around to see where wolfram is I see him unconscious on the ground bleeding heavily.

Announcement
Discord - https://discord.gg/qBf55FFP

12