Chapter 16 – Return to town.
148 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Everyone get ready our transport is here.”(E)

After giving the order everyone gets up and prepares themselves for the return journey.

After waiting a while the ambulance and lorry reach us stopping about ten metres from where I am. They are both the same type of lorry the AEC Y type. The only exterior difference is that the ambulance has a red cross on the sides. Looking in the back of the lorry I see that it has space for four stretchers two on each side in a bunk bed style. The other lorry has benches down the sides enough for about twelve men.

“Get the injured in the ambulance and then get in the lorry. One man stay in the ambulance to look after the injured.”(E)

After about half an hour the injured are now in the ambulance and the men are getting in the back of the lorry. As I am about to get in the back the corporal stops me.

“Ma’am sit upfront with the driver I will sit back here.”(V)

“Why.”(E)

“You are their commanding officer, and you are also a princess. You shouldn’t be sitting with the common soldier and you also need to set an example.”(V)

“In that case, you should sit at the front as well there’s space.”(E)

“I can’t do that ma’am I’m not ranked high enough to sit with you.”(V)

“The driver is there as well. If you insist that you can’ consider it an order.”(E)

“If that is your order I will ma’am.”(V)

After making sure that everyone is ready I with the corporal get in the front with me in the middle. After telling the driver that we are ready we start on our return journey to the town with the ambulance following behind us. The ride is not as comfortable as the modern cars that I am used to, but it is not as bad as I thought it would be. It’s much better than walking back in this heat even though it is starting to get colder. We should be able to get back before it gets too dark. The AEC Y type lorry might only have a top speed of twelve miles per hour, but it is a lot faster than a person can walk.
After a few hours, the town finally comes into sight. On the walls, the guards are standing in a line bows and crossbows at the ready. Once we reach the wall the gate doesn’t open. Getting out I see a man on the wall who looks to be the commander.

“LEAVE YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOME HERE.”(guard commander)

“WHY ARE WE NO LONGER WELCOME.”(E)

“WE WILL NOT ALLOW AN UNKNOWN ARMY STAY WITHIN OUR WALLS.”(Guard commander)

“WE MEAN YOU NO HARM WE ONLY WANT TO STAY HERE FOR A FEW DAYS THEN WE WILL LEAVE. WE HAVE INJURED WHO NEED HELP.”(E)
“YOUR INJURED ARE OF NO CONCERN TO US.”(Guard commander)

“ONE OF OUR INJURED IS A SAND ELF BY THE NAME OF WOLFRAM.”(E)
“LORD WOLFRAM IS INJURED. FINE YOU MAY ENTER BUT YOU WILL UNDER WATCH.”(Guard commander)

The gate opens and the lorry’s start to enter.

“THANK YOU.”(E)

“I AM ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE LORD WOLFRAM IS INJURED. IF YOU ARE LYING OR YOU TRY SOMETHING I WILL NOT HESITATE TO KILL YOU MYSELF.”(Guard commander)

As we enter we are surrounded by the townspeople who do not look happy that we are here.

Announcement
Discord - https://discord.gg/qBf55FFP

My other books 

Reincarnated as the Emperors talons | Scribble Hub

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/383511/twins-of-balance/

11