Oaths Part 3
541 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Author's Note: This one's a heavy chapter. I don't recommend reading it in detail if you're feeling sick, bad, or negative in general.)


*Altar*


*3rd POV*

"It will go on for longer than we expected," Zephyr said as the Sun started to go down. He would need to inform the Headmaster and Professor Snape.

His eyes returned to the center of the Altar where the Golden still dropped. Slowly, heavily.

That much of it should've killed anyone but not him. The child wasn't dying instead he was living off of the Dragon Heart.

Stopping the ritual at this point would mean Death for him, the Dragon Heart would take back all of its vitality and the boys own will be pulled back too, as payment.

That was the kind of Beasts Dragons were, no matter the opponent they would fight. Anything other than those of their own species were lesser beings and nothing more.

He just hoped that no one would actually find out about the ritual or Wizards would be the least of the Boy's problems.

*Screech*

There was the grating sound too, of flesh being torn apart. He was familiar with it but at the same time, it was impossible to forget.

"You should return back to the castle, I'll open a Portal near the Castle grounds. It would be far enough. Inform the Headmaster that I would be late." Zephyr said to his other student, this one looking at the creature outside the temple with interest.

Sighing Zephyr moved his own eyes to the creature. It was the ugliest piece of shit to exist.

A Wendigo going by its size of 15 feet. It held a half-eaten man in its own mouth as the blood dripped from its maw down the man's torso and on the ground. 

"It's here for him," Alucard said, nonchalantly. Unfazed by the creature.

"No, he's here for both him and the Dragon Heart. It wants to devour both." Zephyr answered as they saw the creature bang its large hands on the invisible wall that surrounded the temple. Its hooves helped it walk similar to an old man and its wooden horns rattled from its boney skull.

"Grrhhhhhhh." The creature's voice was low.

"Yeah, yeah we get that you want to eat us. Alucard tell the Headmaster to not worry." Zephyr said brushing the Wendigo off.

"Sure. If he asks how long should I say it will take?" Alucard asked standing up after gathering his needles.

Zephyr looked back at the lump of Golden and did his best to guess. 3 Days seemed more than enough.

"Tell him it'll take around 3 more Days. Explain a bit more to him if you want to. Don't tell him about the Wendigo." Zephyr answered.

" Ask for me if you need to," Alucard said and Zephyr just smiled before he drew an arc in the air and Alucard was sucked into it.

The No Apparations on school grounds was a weird rule but not one that was unbreakable. Wards broke like everything else and this one could be subsided altogether. 

"Now what shall we do with you," Zephyr said looking at the creature as the wind around him picked up its pace. 

He knew the creature wasn't alone. Centaurs would've taken care of it otherwise. Hence why he asked Alucard to leave, the boy was smart but he would be an obstacle at best in the next situation.

"Aurea Doma." The words escaped his mouth as a Golden Glow creeped from the liquid at the pillars into a firm translucent shield that covered the entire temple in a Dome. No one would be entering without permission.

"Ventus Vreaker." The words escaped his mouth as the wind picked its pace and the Wendigo realizing the imminent danger put its hooves into the ground.

That did not help.

As the wind started to screech the first burst tore hair from the Wendigo. The next was skin, the next two screeches reached muscle till at the end all that was left was a skeleton that was clutched into the ground. 

The Wendigo didn't mind. The pain didn't register in its breaking as its flesh disappeared and the Wind extinguished its embers of life.

"Now that your servant is dead would you get out, please? Unlike you, I'm a teacher and I've got stacks of papers that need grading." Zephyr said unimpressed at the spell.

The leaves crunched satisfyingly beneath the feet of the stranger that appeared in Blue Robes holding an ornate dagger.

"It'll be best for you to walk out of that Temple Fae unless you enjoy bloodletting." The dismembered voice that appeared from the Hooded figure was cold.

Zephyr did not answer and simply started to walk towards the man, he walked in strides in fact. 

" Here. I'm out of the temple." Zephyr declared as he stepped on the marble steps at the end of the Dome shaped barrier.

The Hooded figure was surprised but not amused.

" You're brave." The figure said clutching his dagger so hard its own fingers bled.

"More like you're a fool. You do know that we've one of the best Wizards in this part of the world less than a few miles away from us right?" Zephyr replied in a half-lie. It wasn't 'A few miles' it was several miles but the hooded figure wouldn't realize it.

He had followed them from the castle so unless the figure counted every step the distance was ambiguous.

"A wizard that's a single man. We are many, it doesn't take much to keep a single man occupied. The bloodstones you left as a trail were useful." The hooded figure replied.

Zephyr chuckled, this one didn't sound like waterfalls or pleasant for that matter. It sounded malicious.

" Blood stones that you followed like a little squirrel. You thought I didn't realize you were following me?" Zephyr said as he grinned.

" What do you M-"

*Boom*

The hooded figure's eyes widened before the left side of its stomach exploded. 

"I see you picked one up. They're really lovely stones, really. Inscribe an enchantment and the one closest to you bursts into raw magic. Wonderful of you to pick one up, but if you wanted to study about them then you just had to ask me. Beautiful demonstration by the way." Zephyr said pointing at the missing side of the man's stomach.

" Bastard." The man spoke in a low hiss as his stomach started to heal.

" You also have a Blood Affinity? Stronger than mine too. Now be a gentleman and ask your two mutts trying to sneak into the temple to fuck off." Zephyr said as the hooded figure trembled.

*Thunk* 

With heavy steps, the two creatures passed Zephyr and returned to their master.

"You won't get me!" The hooded figure screamed as the two creatures tried to kill him.

"Ventus gladius," Zephyr said, uninterested and two Wind Swords cut through the Wendigos in a sleek motion.

*Thud*

The hooded figure was now covered in the interiors of its partners so he tried the next best thing. The blood on his hands turned sharp and opaque and tried to cut his head off.

"Lignum devorantis" Zephyr raised his fist and clenched hard at the air. Sap shot out from the ground and captured the hooded figure by his limbs.

"Didn't think that I couldn't command Trees, did you? Let's see what's behind that pretty piece of cloth." Zephyr reached out to pull the hood from the figure's face but instead, the hooded man bit down on his own tongue.

" Ahhhh." For a moment there was a terrible scream and then silence. The Hooded man turned into ashes that scattered into the wind leaving behind a Crimson Rock.

_____________________

Author's Note: Support me while reading 16 chapters ahead on my Patreon.

Patreon.com/Ashara

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night

22