Ch 65: Adjusting
438 8 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Anos's POV*

*Crack*

'Well, shit.'

"I see a light at the end of the tunnel," Dad said sleepily.

"Don't go into the light! Stay away from it!"

" We should get him back to the medical ward first," Zephyr said hurriedly. Damm those anti-Apparation wards.

" Wingardium Leviosa." Alucard casted and Dad started to float.

" Hold on to him. Lightly. And make sure he doesn't hit anything else." Alucard said and I looked back to see Zephyr casting a Portal.

If Dad wasn't possibly dying then I would've been amazed at the fact that there were ways around the No Apparation rule.

*At the Medical Ward*

"2 Broken Ribs! How? Severus, you truly are careless. If not for your son, sigh such a good boy." Madam Pomfrey fretted while mixing herbs that I didn't wanna know about and I did my best to maintain a worried face.

A single Marrow Potion would've sufficed in healing all the ribs perfectly. Dad had a distaste for being stuck in the Medical Ward, evident by the fact that he was still trying and failing to bring the Marrow Potion up to Madam Pomfrey.

"Really, I never expected to see a good boy like you get injured in a silly accident. What the world does to you youngsters is beyond me." Madam Pomfrey scooped a spoonful of the herb juice and forced the spoon into Dad's mouth and thus the Marrow Potion was forgotten.

" Now Swallow. You'll be up and running to go back to the Dungeons in a couple of hours, you Overgrown Bat." Madam Pomfrey finished and this time I couldn't help but chuckle. No one, not even the Weasley twins could call Dad that and get away with it and it was such a fitting nickname too. Maybe the Hippocratic Oath also gave powers, probably should look into it with Hermione.

Dad would probably remember this and I would have to complete Advanced Potions grade 6 and 7 in 3 months but meh it was too much to not laugh.

"Anos the Headmaster is calling you," Zephyr said from the entrance of the room.

"Okay, take care Dad," I said going away like a traitor.

" Don't take after your Father's bad habits young man." I heard Madam Pomfrey say as I left.

" I'll try not to! " I replied cheerily. 

"I'm going back to eat," Alucard said and separated.
In a few minutes, we were in front of the Headmaster's office which I was pretty sure was 2 floors below this previously but well Magical Castle.

"Enter." A voice came from beyond the stone and we were allowed passage.

The movies really didn't do this place justice, 4 room (Those that I can see) and a large window to watch the forest for miles. Definitely Spacial or Dimensional Magic.

Every table was filled to the brim with different things of different sizes and different colors, I saw a Golden Football next to a flying Owl that was made of Wood.

"Oh, Anos and Professor Zephyr," Dumbledore said acknowledging us from behind his desk.

"Professor Zephyr, you've been a great help. I'm sure if Professor Snape was in a state to speak he would've thanked you profusely." Dumbledore said looking up at us and smiling.

That statement was a complete lie, Dad would've given a single thanks and then tried his best to repay the favor discreetly. A lifetime of free potions sounds good to almost anyone.

"You thanked Profesor Zephyr for his help didn't you Anos?" Dumbledore asked pulling me back from my thoughts.
'

I would've but now you've made the situation awkward! Damm you Old man.' I was like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Thank you. For saving me from certain death." I said and the Blindfold and Mask really were God's best gift to me.

"No no it was nothing," Zephyr answered flustered.

"The ingredients themselves would've cost a small fortune. The Dragon Blood even more so." Dumbledore said.

" The Dragon Heart and the talisman too," I added.

" No, I did what anyone from my race or any teacher would've done. As for the Dragon Heart, I have a friend who's a Dragon Knight so it didn't cost much. I had already researched all I could from it." Zephyr replied.

'Bullshit.' Me and Dumbledore didn't have to speak to know that we had the same thoughts. That was the worst lie anyone could've ever spoken. Either the guy was a master at playing innocent or the worst liar. Most likely the latter.

" Knowledge is Strength in my culture and it's already enough that I can share knowledge with my students. I did what should be done, nothing more nothing less, and absolutely nothing that needs to be praised."

Zephyr said reverently and at the end, he ruffled my hair reminding me of the fact that my hair probably looked like a beehive.

" Yes, that's a fine philosophy for teaching. I would love to visit the Fae Realm but my back pain makes that venture near impossible." Dumbledore said. As if the best wizard in the community has back pain.

"It's growing late Professor Zephyr and you've already done too much, you can return to rest. I'll talk with Anos for a bit, I've a fascination with Dragons myself."
Yeah, so much fascination that you found 12 uses of just their blood. Fascination is the most watered down word you could use. 

" You can submit your homework by the next fortnight Anos. Make sure you rest as much as you can." Zephyr said before exiting the Office.

"So... What do you wanna know." 

----------------------

Authors Note: Yes I'm not dead. Just broke my hand in between these months, got sick to oblivion (Was probably covid but i didn't have the strength to get it checked, i live in my own Asylum anyway), gave exams, got the results, fell down and broke my nose, got very bad anxiety and Insomnia so even sleeping is a pain. All of this one after the other. These have been some interesting months to say the least.

Well I'll try to update as much as I can, I've a bit of backup so it wouldn't be that much of a pain.

Thanks for reading the chapter.

To read ahead and support my writing endeavours go to Patreon.com/Ashara and read upto 16 chapters ahead.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night. 

27