Ch 69: A Friend
380 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Anos's POV*

"Now if someone can recite the most volatile elemental magic before we end this class." Professor Zephyr asked as everyone raised their hands.

" Yes, Neville." Professor Zephyr nodded for him to answer.

"Uh... It's Fire." Neville answered meekly and beside me, Hermione slowly mouthed the word 'Neutral Magic' and something along the lines of 'I'm going to ask the question after class.'

"Good and why is Fire considered the most Volatile element?" Neville looked surprised that he got the answer correct and even more that he now has to answer another question but after a few seconds of thinking, he still answers.

"Because it may not be as available as Earth or Water or Air naturally but it's still conjured up just as easily and unlike other elements, it doesn't simply disappear after use meaning it can burn down and cause unintentional damages easily." Neville continued.

" Wonderful. Would you like to name one such incident where a fire spell got out of hand? Even one out of the books is fine or a small incident at home if you want to."

Neville thought hard and long but still looked unsure at the end.

" Uh... I'm really not sure Professor." Neville said nervously.

"No problem it's absolutely fine. The first 2 answers were perfect Neville and there's always something that we might not remember. I would've recommended a book or two to read but that would be a waste of time. It's good that you're understanding the essence of the subject Neville. Sit down now you did great." Professor Zephyr said and Neville smiled as he sat back down.

" Does anyone else wish to answer the last question?" Professor Zephyr asked again and a few hands were raised.

" Yes, Hermione."

" The Hogwarts kitchens were scorched after one of the teachers tried to boil a Potion using a soup cauldron in the kitchen which was too thin to handle the spell. The fire burned down the Christmas feast and that was the year the Headmaster of Hogwarts conjured the feast with a spell. It's been traditional since then that the Headmaster conjures food in the Great Hall for the students at Dinners." Hermione finished with a flourish.

" Very good. May I ask where is this written? I would like to read the book." Professor Zephyr asked, curious.

" It's in the History of Hogwarts Professor," Hermione answered and it was like a bomb exploded.

Immediately everyone was discussing why nobody other than Hermione had bothered to read the damm book.

Turns out the Slytherin students found themselves to be too proud to admit they didn't know information about the school that was widely publicized in a book that was handed to students every year while the Gryffindor students never bothered.

"And that students is why the Cauldron Regulation Act is important." Professor Zephyr finished with a smile.

"Wait, that thing actually had useful information? 

Who reads that boring book anyway." From somewhere behind me I heard the voice of Ron Weasley and I stopped Draco from turning to answer. Hermione didn't say anything but sat down.

" Clearly those that hold interest in passing the class with perfect scores Weasley," Alucard said leisurely.

" And those that wish to leave the classroom with more knowledge than they had before entering it," Lan added at the end.

" Now now. There's nothing wrong with being interested in learning by reading books Weasley it's how all of our knowledge was passed down in the old days, it's a desirable trait more than anything." Professor Zephyr said and I heard a snicker behind me.

"Now the class is effectively over, stay behind to ask questions if you wish to and.." he pointed at a stack of papers at his desk " these are some questions to practice for everyone, be sure to take one sheet before leaving. 

They also have some small notes I've added for the relevant material I've added. If anyone asks I didn't tell everyone that there's chocolate pudding at the Halloween feast. Have fun class." Professor Zephyr said and everyone started getting out of class taking sheets with them. 

" Thanks for the Notes Professor, see you at the feast tonight," I said picking up my stack.

" Oh yeah, see you at the feast." Professor Zephyr answered as he got surrounded by students asking questions.

" Hey, Hermione! Wait." I said catching up to her.

" Here. You didn't pick up your copy." I said handing her the stacks of papers.

"Oh, thank you," Hermione said looking down.

"I thought you had doubts you wanted to ask? Why did you leave so soon? Even Simon waits a bit to ask questions." I asked looking through my papers.

"It's nothing it's just that I haven't finished my Charms homework so I wanted to finish it before the class," Hermione answered.

" Hermione you may be smart but you clearly don't know how to lie. The day mountains blow in the wind like leaves is the day I'll believe that you haven't finished your homework over the weekend." I said adjusting my mask, it got kinda sticky due to the cold sometimes.

Hermione didn't answer.

"Hermione if something's wrong you can tell me you know? I may not look like it but I can help." I continued.

"It's nothing, I'm just thinking too much," Hermione answered rubbing her eyes.

"Good, you already know the problem so now that's half the problem over now what do you wanna do to stop it," I said as we stepped near the lake, this place provided a good view of the castle and was the only place from which the Pumpkins stuck to the castle towers were visible.

Hermione looked thoughtful for a few minutes but then suddenly started crying.

"I don't know. I've thought about it so much but at this point, I don't know." Hermione said curling up on the ground.

"Hey, it's fine. There's nothing wrong with not knowing stuff every once in a while, you admitting that you can't figure something out immediately is actually reassuring." I said patting her back.

" Really?" She asked looking up.

" Of course, have you seen yourself speaking about things you like? It's beautiful. Sometimes you just don't know how to approach something by yourself and that's completely fine, it's what your less smart friends like me are here for." I said and she hesitated before asking.

" We're really friends?" 

" Of course we are. Hermione everyone that lives in our common room is your friend. You know how to do so much stuff that we haven't even heard about before, you're funny sometimes and most of all you spend time with all of us. You're my friend." I answered honestly and got a hug in return.

" Now as for your issue we have the weekend free so let's try things that might interest you, a different hobby that's fun and actually helps take your mind off things," I said and Hermione nodded.

" Now where's that Charms homework you didn't do?" I asked smiling and Hermione turned red.

______________________________


Author's Note: Read upto a month ahead on Patreon. 


Patreon.com/Ashara

There's going to be another chapter out in a bit. 

21