Infinity and Magic Ch 76: Christmas is Coming
591 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Anos's POV*

"Don't get me wrong man but I hate your Dad," Simon said shivering as he scrubbed the last part of his Cauldron and passed it on to me.

"Well, we'll either have to do this before the Holidays or after them. It's better to get it over with." Draco said drying his hands on a towel.

"That doesn't mean it's any less annoying," Harriet said rubbing her hands for warmth.

"It's clean enough. No more dregs are sticking." I said handing the Cauldron back to Simon who let out a breath.

"And then there's this sucker. My bones are freezing from seeing him." Simon said pointedly at Alucard who was admirably clearing his Cauldron despite the obstacle that were his nails which despite being retracted into his fingers were still sometimes screeching against the Cauldron.

" Tell me if you want those freezing bones shattered," Alucard replied with a bit of irritation and the constant screeching.

" At this point, you'll damage the Cauldron and tear a hole through it before cleaning it," I said and Alucard looked at me and held my gaze for a moment before returning to his arduous task.

" Did you try using a wet cloth instead?" Hermione asked even as she helped Lan from falling asleep in the cold.

Alucard held up a ragged piece of cloth that was in tatters with claw marks in answer.

"I would've helped. But it's cold." Draco said inspecting his own cauldron.

"Here let me help," I said and Alucard immediately picked up his Cauldron and held it away from me.

"No. I'll do it myself." He answered and my eyebrow twitched.

"I'm not doing you a favor. We don't have that many extra supplies in school and what you're doing to that Cauldron should be considered a crime Against anyone that has ever bought a Cauldron." I said and held my hands out to help.

There was also the matter of my heightened senses picking up the screeching much more easily since I had just started to control them.

The abnormal strength had taken priority and my pristinely cleaned Cauldron was a monument to my accomplishment in that task.

"Fine. But let me see." Alucard said bringing the Cauldron to the front and I started on it.

"Tsk tsk can't even do this. How the mighty have fallen." Simon feigned mockery.

"It seems you do have brains, Belmont. You've fallen so much that you're almost a head shorter than me." Alucard replied.

" Hey, I'm taller than you!"

" Yes, yes and the Moon Cult worships Apollo," Alucard said.

" Shut up both of you," Lan said irritated.

" You're supposed to be seeing me clean this Alucard," I said and the bickering stopped.
I received a thankful smile from both Harriet and Lan in return.

*15 minutes later*

"And here. It's done. I'll get you some Arvilles Stainer, I don't have it on me but it should make the job a lot more easier." I said as I handed a thoroughly cleaned Cauldron back to Alucard.
Dad had looked at it but surprisingly ignored me helping.

"Finally. I can't wait to get something to eat." Simon said stretching his limbs.

" Food will come after I've reviewed your work, Belmont," Dad said finally looking up from his parchment and beginning an inspection of everyone's equipment, stopping to give a remark or two to some students and passing silently by others.

In a few minutes, all of the class had their equipment inspected.

" Since I don't expect any of you to study during the Holidays I'll refrain from giving any sort of Homework as a farce. 3 Parchments on the Association of Potion Journeyman would be appreciated enough if you wish to excel.
Mr. Belmont, Scamander, Ashwick, and Ms. Selene will stay behind as the rest of you leave this class in a proper order. Oh and before I forget Happy Holidays to those who celebrate. And apologies to those who'll have to put up with constant singing and Bright Lights." Father finished and the students bubbled to get out of the class.

I looked at Simon who was frowning and walked out with the rest.

*30 Minutes later*

"Man the cold is pleasant. " I said enjoying the perfect amount of cold as I stood outside of the Potions Classroom.

My body was producing heat that was extremely pleasant and since the Sun had turned irritating it was a pleasure to experience warmth like this naturally.

'I should be at 1 or 2 percent of Dragon Core.' I thought as I stood waiting.

Professor Zephyr had said this should be one of the side effects of the Dragon Heart ritual and the more my blood was replaced with the one from the Dragon Heart the more such effects would start to appear.

The only way to measure was to take the density of Dragon Blood in a vial of my blood and compare it. For convenience's sake, I had memorized it in Percentage terms.

If only I could get control of the senses with how fast they were growing. But oh well that'll probably have to wait till the Holidays started.

'Should I just go?' I contemplated before trying to listen into the conversation but as always the Wards protected the conversation from being heard.

As I turned to leave the door opened and Simon walked out.

"You were waiting for me? Where's everyone else?" Simon asked bewildered.

"Of course, I was waiting. Harriet had Quidditch practice to get to, Alucard went to research Nail shortening, Lan is taking his regular nap and Hermione and Draco are packing to leave for the Holidays. The two of us are the only ones that haven't eaten yet." I stated evenly.

Of course, Uncle Lucius and Aunt Narcissa had insisted that I went with them for the Holidays but I had denied it. I found their relatives in France unsavory at best.

"Wait Draco and Hermione are leaving for the holidays?" Simon asked surprised.

"Yeah. They'll leave tomorrow morning from what I know." I said shrugging.

"Dammit, I haven't finished it yet," Simon said panicking before he spun on his heel and ran away.

"I waited half an hour. Dude...... Uncool." I said staring at his disappearing shilloute. At least he ran fast.

" Guess I'll just eat alone."

 

Patreon.com/Ashara

17