Pre-Hiatus Wrap Up
1.5k 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First things first, there was a chapter before this, of you haven't read it, go do so now!

Anyway, here we are. For those of you who haven't read the pastebin, let me lay out what this hiatus is going to look like:

I'm expecting it to last somewhere in the realm of six months. It could be longer, it could be shorter, it all depends on how long things end up taking. More specifically, I'm using this time to actually finish the rewrite, and once that's finished I'll be posting it under a new series. This one will be left up as a "legacy" series of sorts, for those interested in comparing the two or what have you.

If you want to read the rewrite as it comes out, all chapters of the rewrite are available for any tier of subscription on Patreon. If you're not interested in paying money and still want to read content, then I have another series that's coming out here on SH. For these first few weeks it's coming out daily until it's five chapters behind Patreon, and will be weekly on Sundays after that. It's also Gender Bender/Girls Love, and has a larger focus on the LitRPG elements and the Girls Love elements. It's called The Outlands and you can find it here.

So, let's talk about the rewrite a bit more. I'm aiming to, at the slowest, write a chapter once every other week. I'll be rewriting until probably around the point where the system officially changes (Which I think is ~chapter 30? I haven't checked), do minor touch-ups on the rest of the chapters, and then once we hit this most recent arc I'm going to rewrite it simply because I'm not satisfied with how it turned out.

So, in the interest of making the rewrite as good as it can possibly be, I want to open the floor up to all of you to get feedback. I would love to hear what you liked, what you didn't like, and what I can do to improve.

For starters, let me list the broad strokes of planned changes:

The big ones are foreshadowing the reveal of Kali as administrator and Lilith as the reincarnation of the "original" Lilith.

I want to stretch out the original arc that's just Lilith and Vithi a little bit more to better establish character, as well as the school arc pre-society attack.

So, as I was writing the above, it just wasn't panning out. I wasn't having fun writing it, and I can't really think of anything to stretch out with it, so it's going to stay similar length (though likely shorter since I'll be cutting out some nuts and bolts explanation of the original magic system).

I'm probably going to remove the mental changes on Raphi that originally made her OK with being a girl, and just have angels be more gender-fluid as a whole. That point has probably caused the most contention of anything in the story, and it was just getting in the way of things.

Similarly, Lilith will never have any mental changes on her, either. She'll be told she has, but that'll just be a comforting lie of sorts.

Form Anchoring is going to be reworked because, once I thought about it a bit more I realized that it conflicted with a lot of things I had in my head and TBH just is not great as things go.

Less of a focus in general is going to be put on LitRPG elements in the story to match with how things are now. That means we'll be seeing remarkably fewer windows, especially around when Lilith's getting the new system and training.

We're not going to get as much nuts-and-bolts details of the original magic system because it's honestly not important.

And I'll be making sure that, especially in the early parts of the story, important things are in-story itself, not in author's notes.

Off of the top of my head that's just about everything I can think of, so...um, yeah. Thanks for reading.

15