Arc 3 Wrapup (+Q&A Stuff)
2.1k 10 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Would you like me to keep the author's notes as they currently are?
  • Yes (No change in author's notes) Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No (Author's notes reserved for announcements and similar things) Votes: 4 17.4%
Total voters: 23 · This poll was closed on Sep 22, 2019 03:54 AM.

Hey all, it's me, back to wrap up some "loose ends". If you didn't read the chapter I posted yesterday, please do that first and then return here! If you're archive binging and this isn't the latest chapter, you can probably ignore it safely.

That being said, let's talk the future of the series. Updates will remain as normal for the foreseeable future, so don't worry about that, I'm more talking more the "immediate roadmap".

Next couple of chapters are going to be Lilith's PoV on the events of last chapter. And while it will tread lightly over stuff we've already seen, I've made an effort to skip over non-essential parts so we don't have two chapters in a row where nearly exactly the same thing happens. The chapters are, by and large, new stuff. I'm tentatively putting these chapters as "between arcs" - I like the last chapter as an "arc end", but these two also don't feel like the start to a new arc, so the "official" start, for what it matters, is later.

At some point in the future I'll be posting Lilith's updated status, but I've been working on that in bits and pieces so it's not quite done yet. For now, here are her stats after leveling her Racial Classes and having Progenitor and High Arbiter at level 100 (subject to some change once I decide what her "actual" Class is at the moment):

HP: 26,274/27,274 (+4,644) (+23.4/s)
Mana: 15,822/15,822 (-1,758) (+16.2/s)
Stamina: 21,440/21,440 (+24.5/s)
Power: 2,256 (+262)
Defense: 1,906
Magic Power: 1679
Magic Defense: 1,639
Speed: 1,621
Charm: 1,222

But, that's not really important at the moment. What is important is questions. And answers.

So, while I asked this around the time I caught up in posting this, I asked if people wanted me to keep doing author's notes. The answer was a yes, so I did, but I recently had someone suggest I try to let the narrative say a lot of the stuff the ANs say instead. As this is a valid opinion and something I've considered myself, I've decided to re-open the question to all of you, this time using a poll, as I feel it's easier to get more responses to that than just asking for feedback in the comments, and as such would be more representative of the overall opinion of the readers. Your input is greatly appreciated here, as I want to give the most enjoyable experience to you all. The poll closes six days from now, so whether or not next chapter has an author's note will properly reflect the poll results.

But this isn't a one-way street. If you missed the announcement a week or two ago, I'm going to try and hold an official Q&A every arc. This time around, I've decided to do an "in-character" Q&A, where you ask questions to a character and they answer in-character. The reason behind this is that, IMO, I'm basically already doing an out of character Q&A constantly, because I love to answer any and all questions given in the comments below chapters. Well, provided they don't veer into spoiler territory, that is.

If you want in on this Q&A, either send me your questions in a direct message, or do so via the comments below, whatever's easiest. While originally I was going to close questions this Friday (the 20th), I've decided to extend that date for a few reasons. The first is that I don't have any questions yet, and the second is that the next arc won't "officially" start for a couple of weeks, so I think it makes sense to post the Q&A right before that starts. So, new close date, Friday the 4th of October. 

As for limitations on the questions...there's basically none. Send in as many as you want, I'll try to answer all of them, unless I get so flooded that it's just not feasible, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it, and I don't think we will. I also reserve the right to withhold information if it is deemed a spoiler, and to make questions more 'family friendly' (basically, putting them at the level the story itself currently is. That way, anything really raunchy or otherwise potentially offensive is filtered somewhat. I'll try not to actually change the content of the questions themselves unless it's just unsalvageable without it, but basically I just want people who read the novel to not have to worry about a shift in things like language use or sexual content going into a Q&A). If we get no questions, there'll be no Q&A, no big deal. Guess that just means that my job was done well enough that people don't feel the need for clarification.

Also, if you feel like it, I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on the last arc. I'm interested how people think it compares to old stuff, what was good, what was bad, what could have been done better, etc. 

And, unless I'm forgetting something (which is always a possibility), I think that's all I have to say for the time being. As always, thanks for reading!

29