27.Husband and Wife
408 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I flip to the next page of my book. It feels as if Isabella wants to talk to me about something but I can’t read her mind and thus I am simply here waiting for her to actually bring it up. I can’t focus if she just keeps glancing at me. 

I sigh before putting my book onto my bedside table. “What is it?” Isabella finally puts down her bible but doesn’t actually say anything. It is better to get this over with rather than wait for this to become an even bigger issue. 

“I want Francesca removed from the palace.” 

“No.” I say before grabbing my book again. I do not see the point of moving her. She is perfectly fine where she is. Why is it even bothering her, she is in the auxiliary building? If she wanted she could just refuse to see her. 

“What do you mean ‘no’?” 

“Exactly what I said. There is no reason to move her.”  I turn to the next page. We did know each other as children. I can hardly just run her out. There is absolutely no reason to do as she is asking. 

“No reason?! She is trying to seduce you, I am your legal wife wedded under God. Do I not have the authority to kick her out?” She spits out harshly. I shouldn’t have picked up my book, this is apparently a bigger issue than I thought. “I shouldn’t have even asked, you are probably bedding her already.” 

I toss my book to the side before rolling over on top of her. “She is seducing me? I have hardly spared her a glance. Why should I when my wife is the most beautiful woman in the world?” I just glare at her. To dare suggest that I would commit adultery. I am angry, beyond angry. I am furious. 

“How should I know?! You don’t come back to our bed often, you could very well be committing adultery!” I can’t even see her properly. I am just in a complete fit of rage. I need to get out of here before I do something I regret. I know exactly how brutal a temper can be. “I can’t stand her, even if she never succeeds she tried.” 

“Do you wish for me to return nightly?” 

“Huh? I- I can’t ask that of you.” I smile at her weird answer. She can ask me to remove a guest and yet she can’t ask me to return each night. I think one is less of an issue than the other but it doesn’t matter. “You work so hard... to ask you to stop. That would be a disservice to Arria.” 

“Arria needs an heir.” Isabella just blushes in response. “It seems that I haven’t been industrious in this area. I shall fix this as soon as possible.” 

“No need. We are young.” 

“Very well.” I say before going back to my side of the bed. I shouldn’t have just tossed my book, now it is much too far from the bed for me to just simply pick it up. I guess I should just go to bed. It has been a bit since I got any decent sleep. 

I go to my side and close my eyes. 

Isabella shuffles around a couple of times but I ignore her. My mind slows down and I begin to fall asleep. Suddenly a cold hand touches my back. Every time I sleep here she begins to trace it. It isn’t all that impressive. One could tattoo something just as impressive, like a lion or something else. 

“You should stop.” 

“I should stop?” She asks me without stopping. I try to control myself. Now isn’t the time. Moment after moment passes by and yet she still doesn’t stop. Before I can lose my sanity I roll over to face her. 

“Yes.” 

“Do you despise my touch?” I merely blink. Does she think I despise her? Does she not know the risk of producing an heir? I don’t even know if I want a child. I would be a horrid father, I would be similar to my father. The throne is a horrid thing. It is stained in blood. “Do you hate it when I do this?” 

She places her hand on my cheek. 

“No.” 

“Then what about this?” She leans over and places a kiss on my forehead. I know where this is going but I can’t seem to say or do anything. I am completely frozen in place. “Are we not husband and wife? Sometimes I feel as if we are strangers who share a bed.” 

“We are husband and wife.” 

“Then, please don’t make me worry. Please reassure me. I don’t like sleeping alone, the bed is too large and cold.” I do not doubt for a second that she finds it cold. Her hand is constantly cold. “Please, make love to me.” 


A/N: I had to resist the urge of using the other, obvious, line to make into the chapter title. You guys like the chapter? I did warn about some sexual themes but since this isn't smut you guys aren't getting any action.

7