60.My Temper
150 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father, how are you? I hear that you have been feeling unwell recently.” I have been worried for his health as of late. He works late into the night and doesn’t take care of himself. Father replies with some bad answer but I don’t push him anymore. 

If he doesn’t want to be honest with me then I won’t force him. 

“I am more worried about you. My precious daughter, you have to take care of yourself. You are pregnant and your health is more important.” Father begins to instruct me but his concern is unneeded. I have been listening to Cecilia instruct me on one thing or another. With how little people notice her she can be surprisingly persistent. 

Mother walks into the room with Leonardo. 

“Sister! I have missed you soooo much.” Leonardo rushes towards me and gives me a big hug. Mother just laughs at his actions. I can’t say that I am any different. I look down at him but it feels as if he has begun to grow a bit since I last saw him. 

“How have you been?” I ask my mother. 

“Tired. Leonardo has been having me go all over the capital.” Mother replies. There is much to see within Belnuo. My favorite place is still the grand cathedral of Belnuo for the simple reason that I was married there. “But it was fun.” 

“I am glad that you are enjoying your stay here.” I tell her. Leonardo begins to grow impatient and starts to tell me about all the places he went to. I just smile and nod. He can really run his mouth. I will need to discipline him. 

He would embarrass himself in front of other nobles if he doesn’t learn when it is the proper time to speak and when it is not. Oh well, he is young. He has plenty of time to grow up and mature. I am sure that his gregarious nature will aide him in the future so long as he learns to hold it in a bit. 

One shouldn’t wear their heart on their sleeve.  

It is far better to wear your heart on your cheek. If one does not then they are likely to be taken advantage of. If one does it allows them to take advantage of any situation that they are in. Unfortunately, I find it hard to wear my heart on my cheek. 

My temper tends to get the better of me. 

Suddenly my eyes feel heavy. I think it is time for me to rest. I find myself growing more and more tired as the days pass on. 

“We should let her rest.” My father tells the rest of my family. “I shall see you again soon. In the meantime you should rest and take care of yourself. Cecilia, make sure she is taken care of.” 

“Of course. I will allow no harm to come to her. It is my duty and privilege.” Cecilia answers instantly. Her loyalty needs not be questioned. Though father is probably just being overprotective. He has a tendency to do so. 

“Bye, I will be sure to visit you soon. We hardly had any time to talk.” Mother says as she urges my little brother out the door. Leonardo doesn’t want to go but ultimately relents. He smiles at me before turning the corner. 

“Shall I prepare some calming tea before you rest?” Cecilia asks me. 

“Yes, if I fall asleep before you return don’t bother waking me up.” I instruct her. She bows before leaving. I really might fall asleep before she returns. So long as Francesca doesn’t come in. 

Cecilia is very good at minimizing her presence, Francesca is the exact opposite. 

She is good at maximizing it. 


A/N: Some family time. I am super tired. Did yard work and HW on top of doing these two chapters but I couldn't break my promise.

As always, thank you for reading.

3