Chapter 3 – Kliron The Guard
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aside from levelling up, I also got some silver and bronze coin to which I assumed is the currency in this game. I opened the backpack function and saw that I already have 1 silver and 11 bronze coins.

"You... what the fuck did I just saw..." the player behind me said.

I almost forgot that this player who holds a sword was still behind me. I thought he had already ran shitless. He was pointing his funny looking sword at me, I squinted as I was trying to find what his name was.

"You're trying to find my name?"he said. "It's in the top of my head."

I shaded my eyes, "this fake sun blinds me."

"Why would you call it a fake sun?" he asked amused.

I looked at him, "because it is just a game."

He rolled his eyes and that's when I see his name. Hmm, Kliron The Guard. What a fine name. But you have to agree to Granpa—that my name is more savage: Promised'Desolation.

"Who would name their character like that?" He complained.

"I am," I said and started walking back towards the town to continue this questing thing. Surprisingly after I defeated Shameless, the skies above the small village had turned much brighter as I walked towards there the sense of gloominess that the brick houses radiated earlier had all vanished. Now the colors are much brighter and I could even smell my surrounding—it smells like the flower who had been under the sun for so long.

From behind I felt Kliron still following me.

"Hey you still hadn't answer my question."

"What question is that," from here I could already see the lady earlier. A mother who wore a bandana and peasant clothes. She was standing in the front of the village like a guard. Above her head was a golden question mark.

"The spear how could you learn that spear?"

I sort of had to think because of that question. Because if I say the truth how I learned about the spear I doubt he would believe it.

"In the drama club," I said. In the end I told him the truth.

"Don't talk shit to me," he said annoyed.

I stopped and looked back at him, "I mean it, I learned the thing at the drama club for this role that I have to act... And the rest is history. Don't bother me, I'm questing."

I turned and started walking towards the woman, I heard him sighed in exasperation.

"You're so annoying."

"Then how would you call yourself, pleasing?"

I stopped before the front of the village, from here I could see that the village was indeed beautiful unlike from a far. Houses are made with gray slate roof and red bricks for walls with small gardens of roses and tulips on the side. The lady who had the golden question mark has so many people behind her.

I stood there unmoving. What should I do?

I realized that it was a mistake to stand there and waited for the lady to speak to me. I thought it would work like that, because Gallarina suddenly apperead in the heaven like some apparition then talk to me. I suddenly missed the goddess hope she was not dead.

Now back to the story, I didn't realized that it was a mistake to stood there since behind me stood a more experienced and egotistical player.

"What are you doing?" he said.

I didn't turn and just said, "I'm completing it, I guess."

"It doesn't work like that," he said. "You have to touch her hand like this."

He put his hand and lightly touched the hand of the lady, from where his skin connected ripples of blue light like mirrors apperead.

"Ow," I said, I would not thank him and admit to him that I was a fucking unknowledgeable creature about this game.

"You really are a noob," he said 

I snapped, it is about time to know the meaning of that damn word. "What does that mean? Because it doesn't sound right to my ear."

He smiled mischievously. In highschool I always see this kind of smile, this is the smile that people gave when they felt a sense of superiority over others as if saying: ow, you don't know?

"Noob is just a term for newbie, don't get so butthurt."

"Why it sounded so derogatory?" I said and touched the hand of the lady. There's another congratulations message that appear. This game doesn't lack of congratulations message in every singe thing I do. I am now much more confident than I am an hour earlier. It had proved that even if Grandpa is already in his wits end he is still capable of doing something praiseworthy.

Another message appeared. I realized that it was another task. This time the lady asked me to pick some herbs she called 'moonlight orchids'. There are some other things in the message board, like how it was inside the forest and guarded by a monster called crystal lion which sounds very nasty.

[ Quest: Collecting Herbs ]

[ Collected Moonlight Orchids 0/15 ]

"Hey do you want to work in a party? I could teach you everything I know about this game."

I smiled but said, "no I would learn it by myself."

---

Kliron watched the back of the boy as he walked towards the forest. He was confused and also amazed to see the skills of that weird guy who's name is completely crazy.

But it also concern him to find the boy here inside this Training Map, he had been playing the game for some years now and had just decided to create a new account in this new server after some issues broke in his previous account. 

In the years that he had played he had never heard of a case where two player ended up in the same Training Map.

This small village called Kemrin, is a Training Map, it allows them to learn the basics of the game like picking herbs, selecting weapon and talking to NPC's. They would leave it eventually once they reached level 5. It is exclusive for every new player. For every one Kemrin Village there could be only one player. So seeing Promised'Desolation in the same map where he was… is a bit unsettling.

It is supposed not to happen.

Later when they reached level 5 they would go to the General Map of Elfimius. In the General Map all of the players who entered the 6th server would meet in the City Of Leveria, this is one of the main cities where almost every NPC's could be seen. 

In short Promised'Desolation shouldn't be here.

But for some unknown reason, Promised'Desolation ended up with him in this Training Map where he was supposed to be alone. 

At first he didn't care about it, he thought he was just some noob who had decided to try the game for his self. Since his aura radiated of a pampered rich boy.

But after he saw that spear pattern. He can't helped but to be curious about this kid who had put the monster in the Abnormal State in complete control using basic attack and his own ASPD.

[ Attack Speed ]

He figured out that he was perhaps one of those players that are inherently good without knowing why. It was just embedded in their subconscious.

He was definitely determined to pursue this guy. Because with enough training he could be great. 

Kliron smiled as he remembered the promise that he had made with someone. The promise that he broke. And the promise that he was now ready to uphold. But little did he know that he would also burden others with it as he forcibly dragged them to his own regrets.

1