Chapter-7 Burning-Deserts… 1/10
66 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time.

rays of sunlight heated the already hot desert below as the shadow of a plane passed a small river, the cargo plane passed many large settlements with thousands of people watching the plane from the shade, the plane flew high above the sky as it neared its destination.

the plane's first pilot spots a military base as he signals he passengers that they will be landing soon, at the back of the plane Sen and the others soon woke up to the sound of a beeping noise coming from a small radio attached to the top of the plane.

Tess: wait what? we're here already?

all of them sat straight as the plane soon landed on the runway, the plane shook as the tires touched the cement road.

Preston: well! looks like were here! everyone! get up! rise and shine!

everyone stood up as they gathered on the back of the plane next to the door, after a few minutes the lightbulb on the sides of the door went green as the back door of the plane slowly lowered itself to the ground.

a burst of hot wind immediately went inside the plane as the group walked outside to see thousands of military personnel doing regular training and doing tasks.

they looked behind them as the plane's door began to close as it drove to a nearby hanger bay.

Nam: sheesh, even though I don't feel the heat I pretty sure that its very hot, good thing I wore this jumpsuit...

Nam murmured under his mask as they all followed Preston who was headed for a group of military soldiers who were waiting near a convoy of 2 armored cars and 5 jeeps that looked the same but had different weapons as they watched Sen and his group approach them.

once they arrived Preston was greeted by a female soldier as they both saluted to each other.

Preston: so soldier, is this the team?

Avery: yes sir! there are eight soldiers including me that will be joining you on your mission sir, are these the mercenaries that you spoke of?

Preston: well yes, why don't you all introduce yourselves? since you all know Jana and Brock, why don't you introduce yourselves to those people?

Avery looked at the masked people behind Preston as she walked towards them and introduced herself and her team.

Avery: I'm Captain Avery of team Scorpion, call me S-One.

Justine: and I'm Justine you can call me S-Two, the hacker of the group.

Sen: I thought that you got bit by a snake.

Justine: oh your... ok I guess its really you, well I'm fine now.

Lina: I'm Lina please call me S-Three, I'm the medic.

Sen: I know both your roles already so who's the rest?

Bailey: I'm Private Bailey, I'm the sniper of team Scorpion, call me S-Four.

Carter: I'm Private Carter, and there's Private Wilson, were both on support, I'm S-Five and he's S-Six.

after ten seconds of silence has passed Sen wondered who was the eight one, but before he could ask the question Preston sighed as he soon spoke and introduced himself.

Preston: right... I nearly forgot, I'm S-Seven, sorry about that, the silence was unnecessary, also, S-Eight  is currently in combat with the rebel group, we should be able to meet him at coyote village.

everyone laughed under their breath other than Sen as him and his team introduced themselves.

Sen: I'm Sin, the leader of this group.

before Ken and the others could introduce themselves Preston once again interrupts as he quickly spoke.

Preston: right! right! I nearly forgot, your team is called team Zero, sorry for the interruption, please continue.

Sen: once again I'm Sin, the leader of... team Zero, I guess I'm called Zero-One then.

Ken: and I'm called Blue Sky, then call me Zero-Two.

Tess: I'm Violette Star, I'm Zero-Three.

Kevin: I'm Prince, I'm Zero-Four.

Nam: I'm Ace, I'm Zero-Five then.

Tou: I am called Blade, call me Zero-Six.

Wellman: and I am Silver Phantom, call me Zero-Seven.

Jana: don't forget about us, we'll be coming with you.

everyone looks at Jana and brock as they both introduced themselves.

Jana: even though I'm not really a part of your team, Ill be called Zero-Nine.

Brock- and I'm Zero-Eight.

Preston: now then, with all that said, lets head to the front lines shall we?

everyone nods as Preston's team entered the two empty jeeps at the front of the convoy while Sen and his team entered the jeeps on the back.

Sen entered the first jeep on the drivers seat with beside him Kevin with Brock and Jana on the back, while Ken, Nam and Tess went inside the second one and Tou and Wellman on the third one.

Preston raised his hand and soon lowered it as the convoy soon moved and drove towards the only entrance and exit of the base, the convoy stopped as the large gate slowly opened revealing an empty and vast desert with only a road that leads to who knows where.

and as the convoy moved through the literally nearly burning desert the heat of the sun did not improve the situation, the soldiers inside the armored cars did not have the suits worn by Zero and Scorpion team thus they were being baked alive.

the convoy moved from one oasis from another as they crossed bridges atop canyons and rivers, and after hours of driving the convoy finally arrived on its destination, a nearly abandoned large city with its inhabitants consisting of only soldiers and rebels.

Sen and his team watched as jets performed bombing runs above the city destroying houses and buildings, and as the convoy got closer to the city they arrived on an small outpost built inside a broken hotel connecting to a nearby hospital.

Sen looked around to see hundreds of soldiers walking and some running in all directions as the convoy moved further into the outpost, the convoy immediately stopped as Preston and his team left their jeeps.

Preston: alright we're here! lets get moving!

Sen and his team left their jeeps as they followed Preston and his team to a nearby tent, as they went inside Sen looked at the multiple tables filled with communication equipment as well as the dozens of monitors showing parts of the city, in the middle there was a larger table with a map as well as folders and laptops, once Sen and his team joined Preston a military officer with just a vest walked towards Sen as he extended his hand for a handshake.

Bradley: the name's Agent Bradley, its a pleasure to meet you sir Sin.

Sen accepted the handshake as Bradley lead him towards the table.

Bradley: I heard from Preston himself that you are the best of the best, is that true?

Preston: if you count him beating a nearly impossible mission which Lara failed then he is.

Bradley: wow... he even surpassed Lara huh... but did he ever surpassed the best assassin in the world?

Sen looked behind him to look at Wellman which Tess and the others except Tou chuckled as Sen looked back.

after after minutes of listening to pointless tactics that was not going to be used Sen and his team was finally able to start the mission as they left the tent and returned back to their jeeps, although it was still day the sun was finally covered by clouds as rain poured heavily on the city, it became a little dark however this actually helped the soldiers and rebels who were fighting in the heat.

they once again drove through the road but this time they were no accompanied by the two armored cars, as Sen followed the convoy he noticed that it was rather quiet on this road, then he realized that it was a trap but it was already too late.

three rebels with an RPGs shot the front and middle of the convoy as the jeeps flipped over, this time Sen was quick to react as he want out the jeep, it was a good thing that he chose the older gun back at the plane because he had the same gun as the rebels, so he didn't have to worry about losing ammunition and to resupply.

rebels quickly revealed themselves as they started shooting the moment they popped out from the buildings.

Sen shot each one in the head as the rebels quickly dropped dead, Sen looked around to find anymore rebels but found none, he turned to his team to find them already standing with their guns ready.

Sen: did you at least take one out Zero-Two?

Ken: I did actually, I meant I took out two or maybe three...

Sen walked towards Ken and Tess as he quietly spoke to them.

Sen: I thought that you don't like to kill people.

Ken: I know... but me and Tess decided to do it, plus, they are terrorists right?

Sen smirked behind his mask as he wanted to keep it this way to make his job a bit easier, so he did not mention the fact that these "terrorists" were fighting for freedom to keep them from making a mistake and less likely to hesitate.

but little did he know that these terrorists were actually just criminals and there were actually other rebels that wanted to have peace.

Sen: yes they are, I was just checking if you can't handle the pressure of taking a life.

Tess: don't worry about us, ever since we were being robbed we made sure to prepare not to make the same mistake, thanks to you, my phone is intact.

Sen: well... there's really nothing to it, anyway lets get moving.

Tess and Ken nodded as they followed Sen to Preston who was crouched and looking out for anymore rebels.

Sen: what's wrong?

Preston: well... we can't really advance without proper equipment and we don't even know what's out there.

Sen: are you afraid?

Preston: of being filled with bullets? no.

Sen: ugh... we are supposed to clear this city of rebels right?

Preston: yes but they are holed up in an underground sewer, however we cant even advance due to the high risk of rebel activity.

Sen: will you double our pay if we clear this city ourselves?

Preston: actually...

Sen: what?

Preston: I don't have the support of the military this time, but if you do complete it then I'm grateful and Ill make sure to pay you.

Preston gave Sen a map as he looked at it before putting it in his pocket.

Preston: most of the rebels are located inside the museum nearby, if you take out the rebels inside the rest of the soldiers should be able to get to you in a few minutes.

Sen: alright, we'll do just that.

Preston: good luck then.

Sen looked behind him to look at his teammates who nodded and followed him as he and his team disappeared into the distance.

while Sen and his team slowly made their way to the museum with their guns raised they all stopped as they all heard people talking in the distance, they got into formation and hid behind abandoned cars on the road as they aimed their guns towards the voices.

hundreds of rebels slowly appeared from the smoke as they walked towards Sen and his team.

Sen: open fire!

the rebels started panicking as they were mowed down by gunfire coming from Zero-Team, the ones still alive returned fire but was shot by the more experienced Tou, Kevin, Nam and Wellman who were trained in beating up thugs before they met Sen, and also because they played a lot of carnival games during their childhood.

once the rebels died Sen and the others looted the bodies of every rebel and placed the remaining ammunition in their bags, it was a good thing they chose to use the older model guns in order to refill their weapons since they had similar guns to what the rebels used, once they were finished looting they continued on their way towards the museum and looked for anymore rebels that may be hiding inside the buildings.

they passed hundreds of building as the sky cleared once again and the heat from the sun heated the surrounding areas, once they arrived Zero-Team made their way into the museum and quickly hid behind concrete pillars as gunfire from rebels who were hiding within quickly destroyed the relics kept inside the glass containers.

Zero-Team quickly returned fire and killed any unfortunate rebels that might stick their head out from cover, one rebel tried to throw a grenade but Sen quickly reacted as he aimed his M16 towards the grenade and shot it with precision causing the grenade to explode killing multiple other rebels before the rebel could even throw the grenade.

Kevin: nice shot!

Wellman: well done for a young man, I guess I should expect no less for the future generation.

Jana: well done!

Brock: I got to say that was a good shot right there.

 Sen: please pay attention to the enemy, we still have to clear this entire building of any threats.

Kevin: you got it boss!

Sen and the others returned to focus on the remaining rebels still firing on them as minutes passed by and the main hall was free of any rebels, once again they looted the bodies to refill their ammunition and made their way to the halls of the

Zero-Team made their way deeper into the building as Preston called Sen from the radio causing Zero-Team to stop and listen for a while as they looked around for any stranglers.

Preston: Zero-Team, Zero-Team, this is S-Seven what's your status?

Sen clicked the button on the radio with his left hand as he responded.

Sen: this is Zero-One, what is it S-Seven?

Preston: we see hundreds of rebels headed your way, can you take them?

Sen: of course, leave them to us, also, requesting bombardment near our position.

Preston: affirmative, warning danger close, at what coordinates?

Sen looked at the mini map in his goggles as he responded to Preston.

Sen: #### ###### ### ####.

Preston: alright, over and out.

Sen let go of the radio and gripped his gun as he and his team waited for a minute as jets were heard passing over them and after just two seconds the ground started to shake as dust entered the building and covered their view.

Sen looked at the dust ahead without switching to infrared as he looked behind him to signal his team to crouch before turning back and crouching as they made their way deeper into the museum.

Sen and his team entered a room next to another with double doors where rebels are most heavily defended and dug in, Sen and his team switched to infrared and looked on the other side to find fifty heat signatures with guns and twenty more with no guns or any weapons.

Sen looked around to see most of the rebels inside guarding the hostages tightly and only one rebel looked a bit female and busy pacing around the room holding a radio while the others were mostly sitting down and others looked nervous, Sen and the others soon switched off infrared as they positioned themselves on the double doors and got ready for a breach.

Sen: I see twenty none combatants, be careful who you hit.

Jana and the others nodded at Sen as he started counting.

Sen: three...

Jana and the others gripped their guns tightly as they prepared themselves.

Sen: two...

the female rebel inside holding the radio looked towards the door where Sen and his team were preparing for a breach as a few rebels started to walk towards them.

Sen: one...

the female rebel dropped the radio and suddenly panicked as she looked towards the other rebels who were approaching the double doors and shouted.

???: wait!!!

Sen: breach!!!

 

1