Chapter-7 Burning Deserts… 3/10
66 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time.

Sen started looting the corpse and took only the things on the rebel leader and not the clothes themselves.

once he was finished he took a deep breath as he walked away from the corpse and looked at the sky where multiple jets flew above the city while some dive and rise back up to the sky as its payloads leveled the buildings into a large pile of bricks, and metal.

Sen soon walked towards the entrance that lead back down inside the city hall, but before he could do just that he came under fire by an hostile rebel as he quickly hid for cover behind one of the generators that were everywhere on the roof the moment the first shot was heard.

once the rebel stopped firing, Sen peeked from behind the generator as he looked towards the rebel who looked more like a heavy, the rebel wore metal armor that covered his entire body from head to toe, he was also equipped with a minigun, and a large bag that seem to look like it was filled with ammunition.

the sheer size of the armor made the rebel look fat but at the same time made him look intimidating, however there was one simple flaw, speed... due to the size and weight of the armor he wore he would become very slow, and unable to run, making him and easy target for RPG, grenade and long range attacks, however the armor makes it hard to pierce him, so there was only one solution.

???:  well! well! well! if it isn't Zero-One, the dog! of the council of fools!

Sen returned back to the safety of cover as the unknown rebel taunted him.

???: what!? the great dog of the council of fools cower before the snake of the desert!? how utterly humiliating!!!

Sen: what the hell... I don't even know that guy...

the rebel kept taunting him as the rebel got closer, Sen looked around for a way to flank the rebel but found the easier solution instead.

Sen: oh your about to meet a crispy end you fat chicken.

Sen whispered as he smirked behind his mask once again because the materials for Molotov cocktails were everywhere, he started crafting as he kept giggling quietly with his smile much wider than before.

after just a minute Sen walked away from his cover and out in the open holding a Molotov like a pro, the rebel became curious as he started talking, not knowing we will never have to know his name and this was the place where he was going to die.

???: what!? have you lost your mind?

Sen stopped smiling as he responded to his question.

Sen: no... I did not...

Sen threw his Molotov at the rebel as he started screaming while burning, Sen turned around as he bent his right knee and dabbed, smiling once more while te rebel still screamed while burning.

jets passed by as explosions appeared around the city hall and the surrounding area around Sen started burning while the ground shook and the wind felt less hotter while light from the sun surrounded Sen as his pride risen.

I feel like a pro... Sen thought to himself as he kept dabbing while the rebel kept burning but soon died, once the rebel finally dropped dead Sen stopped dabbing and stood straight as he calmed his excitement.

without even knowing, Sen looked back at the entrance that lead back into the building to find a dog that looked like a German shepherd staring at him not far away from the entrance as he walked towards the dog.

Sen: I admit, I was EPIC.

the dog woofed as it wagged its tail and sat down while Felisha soon reached him on the roof while the dog soon noticed and quickly left as it wandered off, leaving only Sen and Felisha on the roof as they soon talked to each other while Sen quickly returned to being serious.

Sen: is the building clear?

Felisha: yes, all other rebels have been eliminated, all the hostile rebels outside has been detained by the army so we are in the clear, so... I guess this is goodbye then? its been a pleasure fighting alongside you.

Sen: sigh... I'm not going anywhere yet, this is just the beginning.

the sky darkened as the sun soon set and was soon replaced by the moon who was rising on the other side of the planet.

Night-Time.

Felisha: oh? is your mission not finished?

Sen: no, in fact were just getting started, Preston still has to show himself.

Sen sees a helicopter flying towards him as it rotated to its side where Preston and his team exited the helicopter.

the helicopter departed as soon as all its passengers exited, Scorpion-Team approached the two as Preston joined them along with Avery while the rest stand guard for any rebel stranglers.

Preston: well, I guess I owe you big time don't I?

Sen: you do... now pay up.

Preston: well, alright...

Preston took out his phone from his pocket as he transfers his money to Sen's phone and after two minutes Sen's phone rang but he did not bother to check it as Preston soon returned his phone back in his pocket.

Preston: well... that's it then, I guess until next time? or maybe you are interested in another contract?

Sen needed to create two different people in order to fool everyone into thinking that Dark-Wishes was run by not just one person but hundreds if not thousands of people, so he needed to make a little lie.

Sen: go to Light-Wishes if you intend to contact me.

Preston: what happened to Dark-Wishes?

Sen: I have been replaced.

Preston: oh... you lost the job eh? I feel you...

Sen: no, I quit, someone else has taken my place and Dark-Wishes will be out of order for now, however you could just contact Light-Wishes instead.

Preston: I see... so are you interested in another mission then?

Sen: yes.

Preston: alright then, lets head down for now, its getting dark.

Sen: yes sir...

Sen and the others went down back inside the city hall and into the assembly hall, once Sen and the others arrived the three group's leaders gathered as they planed their next move.

Preston: we will be heading towards a nearby cartel where the rebels have been making deals with thugs.

Sen: can they at least get some rest?

everyone looked at Sen as they all smiled.

Preston: I thought you were the workaholic type but that seems logical.

Felisha: acting smart are we?

Preston: damn, I nearly got away with it, oh well, lets rest up for the day.

Sen: but I said they, and not me.

Preston: what? where are you going?

Sen: me? I'm not going anywhere why?

Preston: you did say that you said they right? and not you? so I thought that you were going somewhere.

Sen: I'm not, I'm just going go to the bathroom and come back.

Preston: I don't think that bathrooms are the best place to empty your tank right now.

Sen: then I will find a way.

Preston: if you say so...

Sen left to find a place to empty his tank as he left the others while they rest for the night.

Sen walked through many hallways as birds flew above the building and cracks on the roof of the building started to stabilize as hundreds of garbage and materials for a Molotov littered the floor around and beneath him as he tried to find a restroom, to his luck he finally found one as he took his time to relieve himself from the burden, after he was finished he cleaned up with the remaining clean tissue that was still available.

after a few minutes of suiting back up and cleaning up Sen looked at the broken glass mirror to look at the blood on his suit that he did not even notice, he looked more like shadowy figure with blood on him as he cannot even see his reflection on the mirror but only his shadow, he sighed as he took his M16 and opened the door of the restroom.

Sen walked out with all his things as left the rest room and walked back towards the assembly hall to find his team, Iron-Will and Scorpion-Team all seated near a campfire with marsh mellows on thin wooden sticks as he walked towards them.

Preston:  you sure took your sweet time huh?

Sen: it was difficult to remove the equipment and wearing them back on.

Preston: sigh... come, sit here.

Sen sat between Preston and Felisha as he was given a stick with marsh mellows while Sen kindly denied it as Preston soon put the marsh mellow stick on the mattress next to him.

Sen: I just remembered, what happened to the teenager that we captured?

Felisha soon responded as she turned towards Sen and finished eating the marsh mellows in her mouth.

Felisha: well he's currently under supervision by Kaleb.

Sen: did you get anything out of him?

Felisha: sigh, well he was actually the lost little brother of Kaleb, so he told us everything that happened during his disappearance years ago up until now.

Sen: how did you know that he was Kaleb's brother?

Felisha: the marking on the hand, it was dove and a flower, only Kaleb and his brother have them, you know... he was quite happy once he saw the mark on Kaleb's hand, it was thanks to you that Kaleb was able to meet his brother, he's indebted to you.

Sen: who exactly is his name?

Felisha: Lester... that's all he remembered after twelve long years...

Sen: hmm...

Felisha: but thanks to your restraint... he lives, and he's back with his brother.

Sen: well... what other information has he given you?

Felisha chuckled as she quickly sighed and responded to Sen's question.

Felisha: the rebel leader that you just killed was actually just an officer, there were more of them, Lester told us the exact locations of the rebel bases however we do not know if they are actually still occupied by the rebels or abandoned.

Sen: was Lester the only child that was kidnapped?

Felisha: fortunately, yes, he was the only child that managed to peek the interest of the warlord that captured him, after a few years the warlord died, and he was immediately transferred under the command of that coward.

Sen: I see then, did killing the rebel officer did any damage to the rebels chain of command?

Felisha: of course, he was one of the influential officers among the rebel command, he was also the most ambitious one of them all, and it was all thanks to you that the rebels started fleeing and surrendering the moment they heard their leader has died a horrible death at the hands of a mercenary.

Sen: do they truly fear a mercenary?

Felisha: of course, unlike the soldiers of your boss here mercenaries are not restricted to any means when it comes to killing their enemies, even torture... rebels fear torture more than death, that is why they run towards you without fear, well... some do.

Sen: sounds hard when they come at you with grenades in their hands.

Felisha: do not worry, I shall protect you- no... we, shall protect you.

Sen: I see... well, I thank you but lets not get too attached to each other, this is merely business. 

Felisha: your only saying this because you are concerned, even if you are a mercenary, there is still a chance to find more friends... take look at your teammates for example, they look rather friendly.

Sen: again, lets not get too attached to each other, we may be allies today, but who knows when we are forced to fight each other for our personal goals, remember, fate, is a cruel mistress...

Felisha: fate... she truly is indeed cruel in many ways, however, that is why hope exists... to guide those lost in the mist of madness...

Sen: hope is but a light that will soon fade, should the flames of ambition and purpose finally been snuffed out... do not cling too much on one thing for too long, in the end, you do not live forever...

everyone was already listening to their conversation as Sen ignored the many eyes of the people around him as Felisha continued to speak to him with a disheartened look on her face.

Felisha: indeed... well... it is precisely the reason why people cherish what they hold, what is the purpose of living if not to live?

Sen: well... even if you indeed wish to live your life to the fullest, there is always those who will take away your joy, and laugh at your despair... no one is perfect, and none are certainly innocent...

Felisha: in what world do you live in to say such words... what horrors have you seen with your eyes to become so cold and heartless?

Sen: I live in the same world as you, but I am just one of the unlucky ones... and all people do what they are best at... guess what is mine.

everyone skipped a heartbeat as Sen sighed and stopped the conversation from escalating into a fight as he stood up and looked at Felisha before walking towards a nearby couch and sleeping on it.

Sen: but it is not my place to judge how you should think...

Sen walked towards the couch as he rests his back on the couch and slept while Felisha is left with the others as she sat there silently until Preston started to talk to her.

Preston: hey... don't take it personally...

Felisha: I didn't... its just...

Preston: nothing... lets just say its nothing, lets rest up for the night... its getting late...

everyone nodded as they all soon slept for the night and waited for tomorrow.

Spoiler

the moment everyone fell asleep Sen quickly woke up as his phone shook.

Sen opened his phone to find out an old Contractor has requested for a Contract from Dark-Wishes, Sen opened his website and spoke to his old customer, and to some extent, friend.

Dark-Wishes.

Comment Platform-1

Drakon Myre: hello? is this still working?

Operator: yes customer.

Drakon Myre: well... if it isn't mister assassin.

Drakon Myre: I have a job for you, do you accept?

Operator: of course sir, what is your wish?

Drakon Myre: well... funny thing is I am currently funding a few rebels.

Drakon Myre: I am located inside warehouse inside a remote city.

Drakon Myre: I am sure that you can handle the job?

Operatoer: what is your wish?

Drakon Myre: well... lets say that...

Drakon Myre: oh right... your actually always serious.

Drakon Myre: my wish is that you protect the shipment of guns until we are out of the clear.

Drakon Myre: can you do that?

Operator: is that your wish?

Drakon Myre: yes... yes it is...

Operator: then it shall be granted.

System: Drakon Myre has left the chat.

Sen closed his phone as he kept it back in his pocket, he looked up towards the roof of the building as he smirked behind his mask.

I guess I have to start acting again... but I need a new outfit, and no bags... Sen thought to himself as he soon slept.

[collapse]

 

1