Chapter-7 Burning Deserts… 5/10
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time.

Sen soon woke up to the noise of jets once more flying over the skies and the sound of guns firing and explosions destroying buildings and tanks as the sun once again made the city into a massive oven, he got up from the couch as he grabs his AK-74 next to him while his vision soon became clearer.

Sen watched as two jets flew over him at high speeds while strong winds tried to push him back as he walked to the edge of the roof of the warehouse, Sen stood there watching while thugs and rebels got into their positions and prepared for an incoming attack from soldiers, he looked out into the road as ten tanks were seen approaching the warehouse as they passed the destroyed tanks from yesterday from a distance along with 270 more soldiers.

Sen quickly climbed down the ladder and ran towards the blockade made from broken cars and scrap as he hid behind it for cover, he looked around him for any weapon that could destroy tanks but only found a sniper rifle and a missile launcher next to a pile of ammunition specifically for them, but there was only seven missiles for the missile launcher.

the tanks along with the soldiers that came with them got closer to the warehouse as they quickly came under fire by rebel sand thugs hiding within the buildings while Sen quickly ran towards the rocket launcher and took the seven missiles along with the missile launcher as he quickly returned to focus on the approaching tanks and hostile soldiers.

the rebels and thugs that were hidden within the buildings were quickly taken down by the tanks but not before killing nearly half of the soldiers, Sen aimed the already armed missile launcher at the first tank as he pulled the trigger causing the missile to head for its target and destroy it along with the soldiers around the tank, Sen quickly reloaded as the other tanks focused their attention back at him and the warehouse behind him.

the second tank immediately moved to the side of the first tank but was shot by Sen with the missile launcher causing the two destroyed tanks to block the road preventing the other tanks to pass through, Sen once again reloaded the missile launcher and waited for the tanks to be on his view as he aimed the missile launcher at the direction of the hostile tanks.

Sen waited for a straight minute for something to happen until he remembered that silence means bad, he quickly looked around for anything to appear until he heard tank treads to his right, he aimed the missile launcher towards the building on the left and to his surprise a tank burst through the building but he already saw this coming, Sen fired on the tank the moment it stopped causing the third tank to explode causing the building to collapse and crush whoever was inside it.

as he reloads the missile launcher once again and once he was finished reloading he aimed the missile launcher back at the front where the blocked tanks were still positioned, then out of nowhere the thugs and rebels around him started getting shot as he looked around to find the snipers, Sen quickly noticed the building to the left but this time he aimed for the ground of the building as he pulled the trigger causing the missile to destroy a tank hidden within the building before it could even reveal itself and also causing a far bigger explosion destroying the buildings around it.

Sen reloads once again as he and the other rebels and thugs came under fire by the soldiers who hid behind the broken cars and the debris scattered on the empty streets, after he reloads the missile launcher he first counted how many tanks he destroyed, he counted the remaining missiles he had left including the one he was about to use.

I had destroyed four tanks already... so that makes six left... Sen thought to himself as he aimed the missile launcher at the tanks behind the blockade, but he restrained himself this time, instead he wanted to try out something new, he grabbed the three missiles as he ordered the rebels and thugs around him to follow him.

Sen: you ten, with me...

the rebels and thugs nodded without question as they followed Sen to a the rubble to the right while the other rebels and thugs that were still outside the warehouse kept firing on the soldiers on the street.

Sen and the others positioned themselves atop the rubble as Sen aimed his missile launchers on the unsuspecting tanks below, but then it hit him, instead of actually shooting at a single tank why not let the thugs and rebels around him throw the missiles at the tanks who were packed like sardines and destroy all of them in one sweep.

Sen removed the missile on the missile launcher as he gave the four missiles to the thugs and rebels around him and ordered them to throw the missile between the tanks to maximize the damage.

Sen: throw them between the tanks, and once they land, shoot them.

the rebels and thugs nodded as they threw the missile between the tanks, after only a second when the missiles landed on the ground a soldier looks at the missiles thrown at the ground as he tried to scream but was already to late, the thugs and rebels including Sen shot the missiles the second they landed as the missiles exploded killing every soldier below.

BOOM!!!

the explosion was massive, the shockwave pushed Sen and the thugs and rebels around him as they all tumbled and rolled down the pile of ruble, Sen and the others around him soon regained their consciousness as they soon stood up and looked towards the direction of the explosion while smoke rose towards the sky and their sight soon became clear while the rebels and thugs outside and near the warehouse stopped firing.

Sen walked back up the ruble as the rebels and thugs followed him, once they reached the top they watched as the burned and deformed bodies littered the ground below, burning bodies unrecognizable, it sickened even the thugs and rebels around him as a few puked on the ruble, Sen breathed a sigh as he gripped the AK-74 on him and slowly walked down the pile of ruble and towards the bodies while the rebels and thugs only stayed atop the ruble not daring to go down.

Sen slowly walked towards the dead bodies as the smoke from the explosion soon cleared the street but the burning ruble, dead bodies and tanks, still produced a massive mass of smoke that gathered as it reached towards the sky.

Sen looked around for a while as he heard another group of tanks approach him from his right, he turned towards the sound from where the tanks were coming from as he aimed his gun towards them, but to his surprise they were reinforcements, twenty two tanks stopped in front of him just twenty feet away as rebels and thugs looked at him in fear.

Sen heard the hatch from the second tank to his right open as a familiar face came out, it was Drakon, he looked at the deformed corpses behind Sen as the scene sickened him to his core, however he was a disciplined thug boss so the scene did not make him puke the moment he saw it, but still, the scene still sickened him, all the way down as he soon looked at Sen who was standing there with a AK-74 half covered in dust, meat and blood.

Drakon nearly wished he had nothing to do with this, even though he was a killer, he was not as sick as this, monster, he sees in front of him, the heartless expression from the red masked assassin that he hired, he actually wished that he could hire the previous one, but what can he do, he was already replaced by a heartless monster.

Drakon breathed a heavy sigh as he looked at Sen right in the eyes as he soon spoke to him while he calmed himself down.

Drakon: good work!

Drakon smile trying to fake his emotion to the assassin as he continued to act.

Drakon: your job is nearly finished, you only have one thing to do.

Drakon got out of the tank and walked towards Sen while the tanks and rebels behind him turned and left towards the empty streets behind them while Drakon continued to speak to Sen as he kept a clear mind as he tried not to worry too much as he approached Sen.

Drakon: the rebels should be able to clear the military presence from the city on their own now, its time for me and my men to leave this damned city and for you to get payed, you up for it?

Sen: yes sir.

Drakon: haha! good, that's the spirit!

Drakon looked behind him as three trucks approached them followed by armored cars full of thugs with no rebel in sight.

Drakon: come! please escort us through the city.

Sen nods as they both entered the cargo container behind the truck while the thugs from the warehouse soon followed from behind and entered the other cars and the other cargo containers on the other trucks.

jets flew by not noticing the convoy as they flew by the soon to be empty warehouse, more than half an hour passed by as the remaining thugs finally entered the cars and cargo containers behind the other two trucks the convoy quickly left their position as they drove on the road leading straight to the highway that leads outside the city and into the empty desert.

Spoiler

two hours ago...

Scorpion-Team led by Preston along with Zero-Team and Iron-Will fought their way through the road populated by hundreds of rebel forces as they made their way towards the warehouse.

the incoming fire coming from the hostile rebels was overwhelming, Preston and the others spent an hour fighting their way through the streets as they slowly gained ground every minute, once they finally cleared the road they heard a large boom from the direction of where the warehouse was positioned as a slight shockwave hit them.

Preston smirked as he walked towards the direction of the explosion along with the other teams.

Preston: looks like he beat us to it.

after another hour of walking, they found themselves in the middle of a massacre, hundreds of rebels lay dead within building but hundreds more soldiers three times the size of the rebels around them scattered around the street deformed and burning along with the destroyed tanks that looked far more deformed than the soldiers on the street with their heads missing while the rest barely having any body at all.

the teams became disgusted by the sight as they continued to walk forward towards the warehouse, however upon stopping outside, Preston looked down as he noticed tire tracts leading to the left, then it hit him.

Preston: they escaped...

Felisha approached Preston looked at him with a confused look on her face.

Felisha: what?

Preston grit his teeth as he turns towards Felisha and responds to her.

Preston: they escaped, Zero-One did not beat us to them.

Felisha: maybe he's already on their trail?

Preston: tire tracks Felisha... he did not arrive yet, if he really did, these soldiers would not have died.

Felisha: maybe he's-

Preston cut her off before Felisha could continue as he gripped his gun tighter and raising his voice a bit higher.

Preston: I know that you have faith in him but I think he's too occupied by the enormous rebel soldiers concentrated somewhere in the city... so we better move quickly if we want to catch up.

Preston looked around for any other cars as he could highjack but found only an hoodless jeep enough for five people to fit as he entered the jeep and hotwired it, the jeep turned on as he tuned towards the others and asked.

Preston: I need four of the best to come with me, so any volunteers?

Kevin, Felisha, Kaleb and Wellman nodded as they entered the jeep while Preston soon hit the gas as they drove towards the direction of where the tracks lead.

after half minutes of driving, they saw a convoy of three trucks and eleven armored cars as they slowly approached them, reloaded their guns and prepared for a fire fight.

Preston: here we go!

[collapse]

Sen waited on the passenger seat beside Drakon as he watched the distance where the end of the city was only five hours away.

after a few minutes, Sen heard gunshots as he looked on the side mirror as the two armored cars from behind the convoy suddenly drifted and crashed on each other while a jeep soon came into view.

Sen looked closer on the side mirror as he sees only five people on the jeep that was approaching the convoy, the closer the jeep got Sen finally knew who they were, the driver, Preston, the others, Felisha, Kaleb, Kevin and Wellman.

damn it... Sen thought to himself as he checks if his AK-74 was full and climbed to the top of truck while Drakon smirked and took out a pistol from the glovebox as he closes the door next to him once Sen was on top the truck.

Sen walked towards the back of the truck while three of the nine cars moved to the back of the convoy as Sen jumped from truck to truck, once he reached the last truck he looked towards the driver of the car beside the third truck as the driver positioned the car closer to the truck for Sen to walk on top of the car as he opened the top hatch.

Sen: ram the jeep... order the other car to follow.

the driver nodded as he hand signal the other driver to his left while Sen closed the hatch and fire on Preston and the others while standing straight on top of a moving car who was about to drift and turn to ram the jeep behind it that was already occupied by the third armored car beside them.

Sen crouched as the armored car drifted and turned towards the jeep behind it as it drove forward and rammed the jeep head on while the other two slowed down as the rest of the convoy continued on their destination.

the two vehicles crashed hard into each other, the sound of metal clashing echoed on the street as the jeep was quickly thrown into the air as it tumbled behind the far more heavy and larger armored car while the jeep rolled for five seconds before stopping on its side, the top facing the empty street while the bottom facing the other, where three armored cars are located as the thugs inside exit their vehicles and got into formation while Sen slowly walked of the car.

Preston and the others quickly got off the jeep as they tightly gripped their guns and looked towards the other side of the road where twenty one thugs slowly approached them with guns drawn and ready to kill.

Kevin looked at Preston who looked back at him as he panicked a little before quickly calming down.

Kevin: uh... is this a part of the plan?

Preston: I don't think so...

they looked back towards the road as the thugs quickly fired on them causing them to hide their heads behind the jeep for cover, after a minute Preston looked around to see rumble scattered on the side of the street as he silently ordered the rest to split in two directions while he covers for them.

Kaleb and Felisha nodded as they went to the right and hid behind cover while Preston provided cover fire causing the thugs to stop firing and hide for cover behind the parked cars on the side of the road while Kevin and Wellman soon went to the left and hid for cover as the thugs soon returned fire.

Kevin shot and killed three thugs with shooting only two bullets at a time as he quickly hid for cover while Wellman praises him for his skill and accuracy.

Wellman: nice shot young man, where did you learn that marksmanship?

Kevin: in an arcade game, why?

Wellman: so that's why most children know how to use guns, impressive.

Kevin: hehe, that's just the tip of the iceberg old man.

Wellman: is it now?

Kevin soon fired on the thugs while Wellman quickly reloaded his gun and joined him.

while this was all happening, Sen slowly walked from the armored car and beside it as he aimed hi AK-74 at the jeep and kept shooting as gasoline soon dripped down on the ground as it slowly flowed below Preston's feet which he noticed as he looked down towards his feet before turning towards the other way while running.

Preston: oh you got to be kid-

Boom!

the jeep exploded as it was engulfed in fire, the shockwave threw Preston twenty feet away from the jeep as he rolled on the grown for a while, after three seconds of rolling, ten seconds later he slowly raised his his chest and head barely even able to move his feet as he looked towards the direction of the jeep barely even recognizable as it was actually torn in half.

time moved slowly for Preston as he looked towards his right where he can see Kevin screaming something, but he could barely able to make out what Kevin was saying as he slowly turned his head back to his front as he saw a silhouette slowly coming out in between the two parts of the burning jeep.

he was curious of who was going to come out of the burning wreck until he saw who it was, the man wore a vest and black clothes, his hands were covered in black gloves and his face was covered with a red mask, the man had what looked like an AK-74 as he slowly came out of the fire and stood in front of Preston as he aimed his gun at him, it was at this moment Preston quickly realized as time soon went back to normal as he spoke his mind.

Preston: I'm definitely screwed aren't I?

 

0