Chapter-7 Burning Deserts… 6/10
40 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time.

Preston flinched immediately the moment the red masked man aimed his gun at him.

Sen looked at Preston dead in the eyes, from Preston's point of view at least, Sen sighs as he slowly tried to pull the trigger, to his surprise Kevin shot him before he could pull the trigger on his AK-74 as he falls to the ground while Kevin tries to help Preston, Kevin drags Preston away from him as they slowly hid behind a car for cover.

Sen slowly got up and aimed his gun on Kevin and Preston as fired at them but intentionally missing.

Kevin looks at Preston as he looks back at him with the same confused and panicked look as him.

Kevin: I think you have your answer Preston! no wonder so many died!

Preston: I know this sounds crazy! but I think I know how to beat him!

they both ducked their heads as they barely dodged the bullets coming from the red masked man as he slowly approached them along with the other thugs who soon followed from behind.

Kevin: you better hurry! he's getting closer!

Preston: alright! alright!

Preston slowly raised his head and looked around to find Felisha and the others occupied with the thugs as he looked around him to find nothing but debris and broken cars as well as small rocks.

Preston looks back at Kevin as they both looked at each other.

Kevin: well!?

Preston: I have an Idea...

Sen slowly walked towards Preston and Kevin hidden behind the car as he reloads his AK-74 and aims it at the cars as he slowly approached it, Sen slowly walked to the side of the car as he checks the other side to find Kevin and Preston no longer there.

Sen heard something hit the ground below him as he quickly looked down to see a grenade, he was not surprised at all as he took the grenade and threw it away from him calmly as he looked behind him to see Kevin and Preston standing there surprised while the grenade soon exploded behind Sen.

Kevin flinched in fear as he calmed himself down and ran towards Sen as he hit him multiple times in the chest.

however Sen barely felt the punches as he punched Kevin in the face as he quickly grabbed his neck and raised him in the air before slamming him to the ground, he then let go of Kevin's neck as he looked Kevin before standing up and raising his foot before slamming it on Kevin's face knocking him out instantly.

Sen soon looked at Preston who stood there with a rifle as he aimed it at him before pulling the trigger, Sen was shot twenty times on the chest but none of them were able to penetrate the double layered vest that he wore as he soon aimed his AK-74 towards Preston's chest as he shot him back, Preston fell on his back as blood flowed out from his chest and on the road, Sen quickly reloaded his gun while Preston lay there on the ground bleeding but not too much to kill him as he soon realized after a few seconds that the shooting stopped and turned towards where Preston and the others were located before slowly looking behind him as he saw them all standing there with all their guns pointed at him.

ah... crap Sen thought to himself, bullets came out from the barrels of the guns from Felisha and the others as Sen's chest was littered full of bullets, luckily for him however, the more bullets that got stuck on the vest the harder it was for the other bullets to penetrate the armor plating as the bullets stacked on each other.

Sen dropped to the ground as blood flowed out of his body while Felisha and the rest smiled in relief and reloaded their guns, Felisha's smile widened as she looked at Kaleb who looked back at her as they both looked at the red masked man in a tuxedo, they both walked towards Sen and poked him a few times before looking at each other.

Felisha laughed along with the others as they all sighed and chuckled.

Kaleb: we did it! I can't believe it!

Felisha: he's one tough bastard I'll give him that.

Preston: sigh... what the hell... this guy is as tough as nails, I see why I shouldn't have been worried about him.

they all turned their backs on Sen while he took this chance to retaliate as he aims his M16 on them and starts firing.

Kaleb: ack!

Kaleb was hit hard but his vest blocked some of the bullets as he was dragged Felisha behind cover while the rest ran for cover behind some debris and prepared for a counter attack.

Kevin: how hard is is guy to take down!?

debris started to fall down from above as hostile rebels started appearing behind Sen and started firing on the group, two heavy rebels armed with miniguns stood behind Sen while he orders them to attack Preston and the others.

Sen: take them.

the two heavy rebels nodded as they rained bullet on Preston and the others while Sen walked away deeper into the city leaving Preston and the others to deal with the hostile rebels while he escapes.

minutes passed as the last hostile rebel finally drops down to the ground.

Felisha: damn it! we lost him! 

Felisha stomped on the ground with her boots as she gripped her hands into fists.

Felisha: we almost had him!

Preston: hey, at least we all survived, we can catch him later, for now lets focus on finding Zero-One he might need out help now more than ever, lets head out... we'll find him later.

Preston walked towards where the convoy was headed while the rest followed from behind.

meanwhile in a shop near the warehouse Sen was changing back into his military uniform as he keeps his current one inside his third bag, this time though he made a lock on all his bags so that no one could easily open them.

an full hour passed as Sen made the finishing touches to the improved bags while he finished changing, once he was done he quickly got up and walked towards the empty streets once more, until his phone rang.

Sen took out his phone from his pocket to see a notification from his website, Sen quickly leaned on an abandoned car next to him as he checks his website Dark-Wishes.

Dark-Wishes.

Comment Platform-1

Drakon Myre: hello dear friend, I presume your is your task complete?

Mask-2: affirmative, however I could only buy you time.

Mask-2: I was not able to deal with the threat.

Drakon Myre: I see... then shall we send your reward?

System: Drakon Myre has deposited 2,300,400,000 to the Safe.

Drakon Myre: this is the least I could offer, I'm piss poor now.

Drakon Myre: but then again selling weapons would give me more money.

Mask-2: this concludes our contract, thank you for coming sir Drakon Myre.

Mask-2: until next time.

Drakon Myre: until next time.

System: Drakon Myre has left the chat.

Sen closed and returned his phone back in his pocket as he continued walking through the streets of the city.

his legs nearly failed him, struggling to maintain his balance his body sways left and right while he walks, he hears explosions everywhere, left, right, behind, in front, and even above.

the noise was deafening yet he continued forward trying to find a suitable place to rest not noticing that he was being followed by hundreds hostile rebel forces from a mile away, getting closer as seconds pass.

Sen: you have got to be kidding me...

then Sen stops, he then turned to look behind him and aimed his M16 at the rebels as he quickly kills the first two that he sees.

Sen: lets end this quickly.

I'm getting rather tired so lets end this quick, Sen thought to himself as he laid waste to the hostile rebels, one by one they dropped like flies, some in turn retaliated and managed to take a few hits on Sen but it was nothing to him as he shrugs it off and continues firing.

every time Sen manages to kill three or four rebels he gets hit by a bullet, it was hell.

hundreds of bodies lie dead on the ground as more and more rebels started to appear around Sen, he was now alone and cornered, when the rebels ran out of ammo they started running at him with either fists or knives.

the ones that remained ran towards him as they swarmed around Sen, once his gun finally ran out he used his knife for close combat.

half and hour passed, thousands of dead bodies lay dead on the streets colored in red, at the center Sen lay atop the small hill of corpses faced up, all covered in blood and bullets as rain soon poured on him.

hah... what... is... this... Sen thought to himself as his body twitched and twitched.

he looked to his left to see three military soldiers slowly approaching him from afar as they got closer, Sen sighed as he looked back up the sky, crows, hundreds of them all flocking around in a circle.

Spoiler

Preston walked with the others as they all walked towards where the direction of where the convoy was headed until he received a sudden call on his radio.

Preston: huh? 

they all came to a sudden halt as Preston clicks the button on his radio.

Preston: this is S-Seven who is this.

Nam is heard on the other side while gunshots are heard in the background.

Nam: this is Zero-Five we've found him, he's currently fighting thousands of rebels we need backup and quick it looks like he cant hold on for long.

Preston: on our way...

Preston's brain went full motion as he lets go of his radio and turns back.

Kevin: what's wrong?

Preston smirks as he checks his gun for ammunition before looking back at the group.

Preston: we've got a friend to save.

[collapse]

Sen looks at the sky it became so much darker, like the world mourned for him, but he knew better.

lights flashed around him as somewhat familiar faces came into view, they laughed, Sen wondered why, he could think of who they were but cant seem to put a finger on it.

the blurry faces got closer but no matter how hard Sen tried to focus his vision wouldn't get any better.

deathly cold consumed his body as his vision got darker, then darkness.

Spoiler

Nam approached the soon to be corpse of his friend and ally Sen as he looked at him lying half dead along with thousands of other bodies with Tess kneeling beside Sen's unmoving body.

Tess: I don't think he'll make it Nam.

Nam gripped both his hands into fists as he shouts at Tess.

Nam: he'll survive! plus your no medic! what do you know!? he'll make it!

Ken approached from behind and puts his hand on Nam's shoulder.

Ken: she's right Nam, he wont make it, look at him Nam, he's beat.

Nam pushed away Ken's hand from his shoulder as he turns around to face Ken.

Nam: don't give me that crap Ken! that's what the doctors told me when my brother was at the hospital! they pulled the plug and killed him! he could have been living already! I lived alone for four years damn it!

Ken crossed his arms and walked towards Sen.

Ken: look at him Nam! look at him! he's dying!

Nam turns to face Ken while Ken did the same.

Nam: then what are we standing here for!?

Ken: don't you see!? there's no hope for him! his bones are cracked and his body has already lost a lot of blood! there's no hope for him Nam! I really wish there was...

Nam approached Sen and kneeled in next to him as he pushed Sen's head lightly multiple times.

Nam: hey, your still awake right? right?

Sen's body never moved but Nam kept pushing his head, then after half a minute Nam began to realize that Sen was dead, at least that what he thinks, he tried to deny it but to no avail as his body curls down while he bursts into tears.

soon after the day Sen died he was buried along with the bags, things, clothes, weapons, everything he had with him, he was buried two feet below ground just next to the barren desert along hundreds of other military soldiers.

all agents, operatives and soldiers attended, a ceremony was held to honor the fallen the day after Sen and other soldiers were buried as friends and family members came to pay their respects to the dead.

hours passed, once the last people left the only ones that remained were Iron-Will, Team-Zero and Team-Scorpion.

they all gathered next to Sen's grave as they soon pay their respects to him, though they only knew each other for a short time they were good friends, but by this time his body would have been eaten by maggots already and all that remained were bones and the clothes that Sen wore inside the wooden coffin.

at least that was what they all thought, once everyone left and returned to their daily lives Sen would soon rise from his would be grave as he wakes up four hours later.

Nigh-Time.

Sen slowly opened his eyes to see himself trapped in a wooden coffin.

oh god damn it, Sen thought to himself as he started punching the wood above him breaking the wood after a few more blows, then surprisingly dirt didn't immediately fall down on him.

his arm bled, he then looked around to find all his bags still in their positions as he looked to his left to get emergency rations that he took from the base on his first mission with Preston.

since it has not rained yet the soil did not became air tight sealed and some air made it through the cracks within the dirt, Sen then peacefully ate the emergency rations and slept for a few hours, he soon woke up and ate some more rations until there were only three left as he waited and healed his wounds.

to his luck and his body's natural healing abilities the wounds healed almost a few hours more, he opened his eyes to then dig upwards, the dirt started to crumble on him, Sen struggled a bit to get up to the surface but his hand made it through.

he then pulled himself up as he finally sees the night sky, he stood atop his grave as he looked at his surroundings only to find out that he was now inside a graveyard.

he looked at his body to find everything was still there as he checked if anything was missing or stolen, he took out his phone only to find out that three days has already passed since he woke up, and when he returned his phone back in his pocket and looked back up he saw the unbelievable, hundreds of undead soldiers, and he was among them.

[collapse]

 

 

 

1