Chapter-7 Burning Deserts… 7/10
42 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night-Time.

where the hell am I!? Sen screamed inside his mind as he looked around, he was no longer in the battlefield he fought in, the city ahead looked more abandoned than destroyed.

the ground around him were grassy, even a green forest was just located farther ahead behind the cemetery, his surroundings were filled with corpses of the dead, but for some reason he felt rather calm.

the undead that surrounded him seem to not notice him as he walked towards the city and ignored the undead as he carries his stuff with him, while walking he then stops and grips his left arm to check if he was dead, then he remembered that he still breathed and he still felt pain and hunger, all the things that any living being would feel.

after knowing that he was still alive and well Sen then he checks his ammunition on his M16 to find it still full.

Sen looked around to find dead soldiers all around him filled with clips of M16 and other gun ammunition as he loots all of them clean of their ammunition but left their guns with them.

Sen placed all the ammunition he took on his third and second bag and then walked deeper into the city, the darkness made his spine shiver, but if anything was more dangerous than the undead in this city is him, and him alone.

he continued through the dark road of this city, the light provided by the moon was his only light source, he passed many buildings until he arrived in some sort of abandoned factory.

the factory had light which made Sen worry so he hid behind the shadows away from the moon's light as he made his way towards the lit but seemingly abandoned factory.

the odd thing was it was the only building with light, and it made him suspicious.

as odd as it is Sen slowly made his way towards one of the windows as he prepares his M16, looking through the window he saw what looks like two survivors, two girls, one taller, looked like the mother holding the younger one in her arms, they looked to be asleep but as Sen looked closer it was clear.

they looked to be still alive even though their faces were not clear.

the light was actually a camp fire made from cloth, sticks and stones, it made sense since there was no light.

the mother had brown hair and wore a jacket along with her daughter who also had brown hair but wore some sort of gas mask, her mother also had the same but looked more worn out.

next to the mother was a pistol which seemed to be fully loaded, Sen prepared to breach in but as soon as he looked away and made his way towards the door he heard something.

someone else was inside, he returned back to the window to see another person, it looked like a military soldier.

the soldier sat next to the two as they looked towards the fire, all of them seemed to wear gas masks, so this zombie virus must be airborne, looks like Sen was in the clear, thanks to the layers of the suit he wore.

but one thing bothered him though, where in the world was he in.

Sen lessened his grip on his gun as he turned to face the road, he was lost, however it would be nice to find survivors and get help, but then again he preferred to stay alone.

he continued on his way walking through the road, then fog started to surround Sen, he looked around carefully as he gripped his gun tighter, he walked carefully while standing up, nothing seems to be in his way until he sees seven people with hazmat suits wearing protective armor armed with heavy machine guns, assault rifles and sub machine guns.

Sen watched as they got closer waving flashlights left and right, the guns seemed to all have suppressors all of them seemed to be looking for something, or maybe someone.

Sen hid behind an abandoned car, he laid down on the ground as he watched them from below waiting for them to pass by, once the soldiers passed there was finally nothing in his way, at least for now that is.

he made his way through the city once more trying to get at least a hint of what's going on in this city.

he looked up to only see towering buildings at least 40 to 50 stories tall the largest and tallest one so far was 86 stories tall, so he made his way inside the tallest building and went inside.

once he entered however, he dozens of dead mutilated bodies scattered all across the building floor, the smell of rotting corpses filled the room, however Sen did not smell them and continued forward, to his surprise nothing came in his way, nothing, it was too quiet, the silence kept continuing until he reached the top.

the view was breath taking, Sen walked towards the edge as he looks down to see the less taller buildings below, the glass windows reflected the moon's light, but will all come to an end as Sen heard a growl behind him.

Sen looks back to see an skinny like human deformed from being actually called a human, it drooled blood as it opens his mouth, but Sen stood silent and merely aimed his M16 at the monster and shot it.

with a loud bang the monster died as it fell to the ground lifeless, Sen on the other hand looked back at the scenery.

Sen watched as multiple dots fill the sky, 21 dots to be exact, and they looked like undead wyverns.

Sen was having none of it, he aimed his gun at one of the wyverns and waited for them to get closer, once they were close enough for Sen to see their eyes he began firing.

one by one the flying birds fell, until the last one finally joined the others, Sen reloaded his gun and looked back at the dead corpse of the humanoid monster behind him.

never has he seen something as ugly as this.

Sen: what is this crap... you think I'm scared of some child's nightmare? what a load of crap.

Sen whispered as he looked back to the skies, this time it was clear, he looked down into the streets below to see a horde of undead running towards the very building he was on.

then he knew he messed up, but that wont stop him.

Sen looked around the top of the building to find a machete, he took the weapon and headed down towards the streets, hundreds of undead ran towards him, but to his luck they weren't packed tightly and were actually distanced from each other, he smirked as he left the building, the machete on his left hand, and M16 on the other.

though there were 324 zombies in his way but he would see it reach to zero.

he shot the first ten that he sees while using his machete to cut down the others, he repeated this process until none were left, 2 hours passed and nothing but the corpses of the undead remained, and this time they stayed dead.

Sen looked around, victorious as he is some thing felt off, the silence was too annoying to ignore, he looked around to find nothing, but still his brain tells him otherwise.

he then looked up to see a girl with a machete standing atop what looks like a stick, confusing as it was the girl slowly descended, once she reached ground level she got of her floating stick and aimed her machete at Sen, big mistake.

at nearly blinking speed Sen shot both legs of the girl before she could even react, she fell to the ground bleeding as she groaned in pain while holding one of her broken legs.

Sen approached the girl with caution, he looked closer at the girl and saw her face clearly, she had black hair and blue eyes, she wore a jacket with a white shirt beneath and wore jeans with boots.

the girl groaned and groaned but when Sen looked in her eyes he only saw hatred and evil, so he shot the girl in the head without remorse, there was no place for mercy if he did not know where he was in this nightmare world.

he left the girl for dead, then he looked to the left to see his reflection the the building window, he looked like normal but he was covered in blood, red human, monster and zombie blood.

he smelled like a veteran hunter, but Sen didn't know that.

and so he walked and walked, another hour has passed, and soon another foe shall come in his way.

Sen walked through the streets of the city nearly aimlessly walked from one street to another, he looked around for anything he could get but all he sees are abandoned cars, debris, dead bodies of civilians and some torn black fabric.

then it hit him, it would be cool if he had a hood and a cape on, so he got to work he tore the long fabric so it could fit him, long enough that the cloth could cover his body and short enough that he could not trip on his on coat.

once finished he made a holster for his new but rather old machete as he placed it on his left waist.

Sen then continued on walking until suddenly he heard something behind him, a clicking noise followed by two footsteps, he turned around to see an unknown and not so friendly face.

it was a young boy aiming a pistol at him carrying what looks like a wounded soldier, however purple veins were seen on both of their faces, the boy had brown hair and purple eyes while the soldier had black hair and yellow eyes.

but what made Sen curious was they both didn't wear any masks, then he remembered that there was a zombie apocalypse or something happening in this cursed city.

??? Boy: g-give me your gun, a-and your medical equipment, s-so nobody gets hurt.

Sen knew he was the first since the boy's hand was shaking, the boy was clearly in a state of fear and panic, so Sen did what he did best, immediately knock someone out.

Sen grabbed the boy's gun and smacked him with it immediately knocking him out, he then dragged them both into one of the buildings and laid them both beside a table, he first checked at the soldier, and he looked bad.

so much blood was covering the man's body, though the soldier's eyes were open he looked like he could barely see, Sen opened the soldiers shirt to see a massive wound in his stomach, but then again it was no big deal since Sen knew first aid and know more than what a doctor knew about medication and an operation.

Sen quickly got to work, he took out a medical kit from his third bag and started stitching, since the soldier was already infected he doubted that there will be an infection, or any infection at all.

once he finished stitching the wound Sen covered it with bandages, then he returned his medical kit back in his bag and waited, he sat down on the floor on the other side of the building just ten feet away from the two, and to some sort of zombie undead magic it fully healed just two hours later, it was clear since the blood seemed to have dried.

wow... magic... Sen thought himself as he puts his M16 on the floor next to him.

but the moment he closed his eyes he was hit by something in the back of his head, but that wasn't enough to knock him out, he took his M16 and stood up then looked behind him to see a group of ten people wearing hazmat suits with guns.

the one holding a bat, the one who tried to knock Sen out dropped his weapon slowly backed away, until Sen aimed his gun at them and shot them all in the head before they could even react.

once they all dropped dead Sen reloaded his gun and started looting them of their ammunition, then he took the silencers on their guns and placed one on his own since he needed one.

Sen then looked at the hazmat suit that one of the unknown soldiers or maybe scientists wore, there was a marking on each of their shoulders, Union, the will of the world.

that's one funny title for an evil organization Sen thought to himself as he looked back behind him to see the soldier finally, this time with his eyes closed, Sen then made his way outside to see two cars parked next to the building he was in to the left, Sen smiled behind his mask as he walked towards the first car and opened the second door.

the back passenger seats of the car contained all sorts of gadgets and stuff, from tranquilizer guns, medical equipment, ammunition, gasmasks, to tasers, traps and all types of drones and explosives, Sen hit yet another jackpot.

he shoved everything he saw inside the car in his second bag, while leaving the lighter medical equipment and M16 ammunition to his third bag, even though there were a lot of stuff inside the car they were not enough to fill both of Sen's bags.

then Sen took a few explosives left in the car and placed them on the two cars, he took ten steps back and took out the remote detonator then pressed the big red button.

boom goes both cars as they went up in flames, Sen then turned and casually walked away as he walked back inside the building, he looked around to see the soldier and the child still there.

Sen sighs as he looked out the glass windows of the building, the road lit up by the fire coming from the burning cars, he then sat once again on the floor of the building and prepared to take a nap, this time he gripped his M16 and kept it in both his hands, he wont make the same mistake twice, at least that's what he thought.

the night was silent, no birds chirped and no frogs croaked, there was only silence, not the deathly silence but peace, this time there was nothing else to bother Sen, maybe tomorrow there is, or will be.

Sen slowly closed his eyes as he embraced his gun within his arms, this time he felt at ease, it was finally peaceful, but he wont take any chances, he may have closed his eyes, but his mind was wide awake.

his body finally able to gain at least some rest, but little did he know, there were more people far more crazier than the undead in this city, but then again, they all die the same.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1