Chapter-7 Burning Deserts… 9/10
35 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night-Time.

Sen stood next to Bishop as he continued to listen.

the moon had already began to rise a few minutes ago, in an hour, day would become night and the moon shall provide little light for those who chose to stay in the streets and wander.

however, silent and deadly stalkers freely roam the night, quick and agile killers that tear through flesh like butter on a hot knife, one such creature set its sights on two individuals atop a building nearby, unfortunately for it however, the sent of blood coming from the man on the left gave a deadly and clear warning to the creature.

if it were to strike, its blood shall soon cover the man's cloak, and its corpse will be left in the open for all to see, the beast growled in anger, it would rather stay hungry for now, rather than face immediate death.

it left without a trace, vanishing after leaving smoke from where it stood, even if Sen didn't notice it, he would have been prepared either way, blood will soon cover his cloak.

Bishop: that is all for now, I will tell you the rest another time.

Sen nods in agreement as he looks at Bishop who looked like he was about to jump into the massive hole.

Bishop looks at Sen who was looking back at him before looking back down the hole.

Bishop: I shall go first, please do follow.

Bishop jumped and fell down the hole, then after half a minute Sen then gripped his gun as prepared to jump as well, with no fear of heights Sen jumped down into the hole.

after nine seconds of falling Sen finally saw what was below him, water, a massive pool of water.

Sen fell into the blue water, the impact caused a splash that reached four feet, Sen then looked around him with M16 in hand as he swim upwards, but once he reached the top he found nothing else but water aside from the stone that formed a circular wall around him water was the only thing he saw in this hole.

he was about to suspect Bishop of betraying him until he looked closer at the wall in front of him to see a small shadowy figure waving its hand at him, then Sen realised that he was a bit immature and needed to exercise his temper.

Bishop: over here!

Sen swims over towards Bishop as he slowly approached him, once he arrived Bishop lent a hand by grabbing Sen's arm and lifting him upwards as Sen finally stood on the rock floor.

Bishop: I see you trusted me, rest assured, I will not betray your trust.

Bishop lets go of Sen's arm as he turned to face the crack on the wall.

Bishop: further into this crack is where you will get your supplies.

Bishop walked inside the crack on the stone wall followed by Sen as they navigated through the nearly tightly packed crack, the deeper they went the water soon began to rise until it stopped when it reached shoulder level.

there was soon darkness, although to a normal human they wouldn't be able to see without the help of some light, but for Sen and Bishop who had their stories the the darkness didn't bother them as they both continued to venture forward deeper and deeper into the path Bishop chose for both of them.

Bishop: once we exit this path there should be a base on the other side, there they experiment on civilian and even soldiers who work for the government, they will soon pay.

soon they both see light ahead of them as ice soon littered the water they cross.

Bishop: we are nearly there, be careful, there are many of those people in hazmat suits, all of them are armed and all of them know what they signed in for so don't show any restraint, you are free to do as you please.

Sen rolled his eyes as they soon exit the crack and arrived in a icy and snowy cavern, like what Bishop described there were hundreds of people in hazmat suits armed with all sorts of guns.

the only problem was they were located on the highest level inside the cavern which was 41 feet above the water they were on, the only way through is to swim towards an broken warship from WW2 that led upwards towards the scientists above where the base was located, safely above from any danger that lived below.

Sen immediately hid behind one of the massive ice rocks amongst the other rocks that littered the water, Bishop noticing this also did the same, as they hid from a passing soldier.

Sen leaned his head forward to take a look at the soldier.

the male soldier wore winter gear and had an M16 with him, this made Sen very happy, he no longer needed to worry about running out of ammunition, since he could just loot it off from their corpses.

Bishop: will you take him? or shall I?

Sen let go of his M16 as he took out his machete from his waist and slowly approached the unsuspecting soldier from behind, Sen stabbed the soldier in the kidney while he grabbed his mouth preventing a cry for help from reaching anyone, then Sen cut the hand that held the gun as he drowned the soldier in the ice cold waters.

Bishop: you are quite brutal, I pray that you do this only to those that do so much wrong, lest that you get in retaliation from your actions, I pray that you do not do such cruel things to those who are innocent.

Sen already knew this, he was already a sinner even before he came into this world, thus he ignored what Bishop said and continued to drown the soldier as he struggled to get away.

after a minute has passed the soldier drowned not knowing the face of his killer, Sen cared little of who his enemy was, as long as it was a soldier that worked for an organization and knew what he was up against Sen didn't care.

Sen soon looted the cold corpse of the soldier of all ammunition as he placed them in his third bag and left the man lying on the rock next to him, he didn't even bother to close the man's eyes.

Bishop: I see your heart is as cold as ice when you treat your enemies.

Sen turned to face Bishop as he listens to what he has to say.

Bishop: I do not intend to condemn you of your actions but if you must kill your enemies torment will only give innocent ones more of a reason to kill you when you face them in battle, please think of your actions.

Bishop sighs as he crossed his arms.

Bishop: every action has a consequence, may it be good, or evil...

Sen looks at the blade of his machete that reflected his appearance as he ponders what Bishop meant, the masked and hooded individual that was him looked back with a cold lifeless expression, Sen began to rethink of the decision of what he did to the soldier that he killed while Bishop looked at Sen as he looked back.

Bishop: your blade might be clean, but it has tasted blood... and that will never change, you wear a tattered cloak, you may look like a monster, but deep inside I know you are doing this because you were forced to, this is the life you were forced upon, I know... I know because I too was the same...

Sen gripped his machete tighter as he lowered his hand.

Bishop: let us not get too deep, but please refrain from tormenting others, it will do you no good.

Bishop then walked towards the broken and abandoned warship about a mile away, carefully walking towards his destination without being seen leaving Sen alone with the dead body of the soldier he killed.

Sen: yeah right... why did you even bring me along with you anyway.

Sen muttered under his breath as he soon followed behind Bishop who was already half way there.

once they arrived outside the warship they behold what they see before them, the massive warship though broken in half stood tall about 107 feet tall in height and 701 feet and 3 inches in length and 93 feet in width.

Bishop: this is the battleship that was used in the second world war, during the second World War, it was commanded by the best commander in the entire world, though it was considered the most massive warship of its time it is but a relic of the past, it fought many battles with its owner but was sunk the moment its owner was replaced with another, it sunk not long after it fought a battle with its new owner... so many battles, but only lost to one.

Sen and Bishop both looked back down and entered the warship after a moment of silence.

the cold icy environment around them were filled with ice that formed spikes, floating snow formed little mist that covered the floor around them as they climbed up the stairs that led to the upper floors.

Sen then switched from his machete to his silenced M16 as he watched Bishop open the iron door that blocked their path, once the door was opened, a strong gush of wind poured into the lower floors below.

cold icy winds covered their cloaks as they walked through the door.

once inside they found themselves in the middle of a room filled with gold, but for some reason it was not taken, perhaps in this torn world that they both live in, money means nothing, but weapons, everything.

Bishop and Sen ignored the gold that tried to tempt them, but they knew if this gold wasn't taken yet it means that there must be a reason why it was left alone in the first place.

but they wont be here to stick around and find out.

Bishop: I see you are also not tempted by gold.

Bishop spoke as they both continued their way towards another set of stairs.

Bishop: ah... you don't do this for money, but for other reasons, I could only guess why.

Bishop chuckled as he and Sen went up the stairs and arrived on the upper floor.

Sen looked around as he followed Bishop, this time they found themselves in a larger room, but instead of gold, cold frozen skeletons littered the floors around them.

Sen wasn't scared by the undead, let alone a bunch of frozen skeletons.

Bishop: let us hurry, if you wish to get your supplies by daybreak I suggest we quicken our pace.

Sen nods as they both walked faster towards another set of stairs, once they arrived on the upper floor they found another rout that led directly to the top floor.

a ladder, conveniently positioned just a few feet away from them.

Bishop: ah, isn't this convenient, come this ladder should save us some time.

they both walked towards the ladder as they climbed to the top, though time saving compared to the stairs it was rather cramped and simple, with the hatch on the very top already open but covered in ice.

Bishop: a little bit more, we should be right at the top soon.

Sen sighs as they soon reached the end of the ladder, Bishop broke the ice above them while the shattered ice fell down below, once their path was clear Bishop and Sen soon exit the tiny enclosed space and finally stood atop the top floor of the warship, however they did not get rest as another soldier suddenly appeared behind a corner.

Bishop immediately reacted and hid behind a bunch of crates, he then turned to face where Sen was and try to warn him about the soldier ahead as quick as possible, but he was no longer there.

 he then looked at the direction where the soldier was as he sees Sen already looting the corpse of the man.

Bishop: you are quick to react, I am quite impressed.

Bishop walked toward Sen as he continued to speak.

Bishop: I suggest you make it quick, there must be more coming... 

once Sen was finished looting the corpse he threw the dead body down into the hatch where the corpse would never be seen, before turning to face Bishop who looked at him weirdly.

Bishop: when I said that make it quick I meant not that quick, I could have covered your back while you looted the corpse for ammunition, you could have taken your time, but I guess its my fault for being too hasty.

yeah yeah lets get this ever with, Sen thought to himself as he gripped his M16 with both hands.

Bishop and Sen soon walked over towards the front end of the warship, silently taking out soldiers that came their way with Sen looting each one while Bishop this time hid the corpses.

once they reached the end they looked at the base to their right, though it was still far away it was still within reach, the only thing they need to do now is walk, if only it were that easy.

dome like structures were built into the cold rocks, sentry turrets littered the walls that surround the base, a massive iron gate keep invaders from entry while soldiers patrol nearly every corner.

Bishop: there it is... the base is well within our reach, but those guards and turrets prevent us from doing so, I don't suppose you have any suggestions on how we breach the base?

Sen smirked behind the mask he wore, though there are plenty of turrets and guards that surround the base there was multiple simple solutions to these problems.

one was drop from above, two was disguise as one of their own, three simply walk in guns blazing, four hack into the defense system and turn their defenses against them, five simply avoid their sight and silently walk in during the night, six dig a tunnel that led under the base, seven wait for a change in shifts and sneak in, and many more.

Sen's creative brain was on overdrive, so many possibilities yet most are boring and predictable.

and so Sen was left with only three choices, and he decided to choose the silent and peaceful rout, wait till night fall where it is dark and simply sneak in undetected.

Sen turned to face Bishop who looked back at him and waited for a response.

Sen pointed at the ice above that provided the cavern with light.

Bishop: are you suggesting we make a distraction?

Sen shakes his head in disagreement while Bishop continued to guess.

Bishop: then are you suggesting we wait till nightfall? 

Sen nods in agreement and then sits down on the cold floor of the ship along with bishop as they both leaned their backs on the metal barriers on the ship.

Bishop: then we wait, Ill rest first, I suggest the same for you, you will need it...

Sen slowly closed his eyes as he began to rest, though it was still night time the sun was slowly rising and their chances of succeeding with their plan was whittled down.

they waited till nightfall, there, during that time, is when they strike.

 

 

 

 

 

1