Chapter 2: A Journey Unplanned
56 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As his consciousness returned and he began to open his eyes he heard a voice saying “Oiiiii Oiiii wake up, Wake up Oiiiiiiiii”

He opened his eyes and found himself in a white square room that was free of any other color, He turn his voice to see who was making such loud noise and he saw a white polar bear cub sitting and looking at him.

He was shocked and asked in a panicked voice “WAAAAHHH Who are you???” while crawling away from that polar bear cub.

“Hmm a nice question indeed you can call me a guide for you in this world, so dear traveler from another world welcome to our world,” said the polar bear cub-like animal in a sweet voice while tilting his head to the left.

“Eh, what did you say another world? Wait why are you even talking? Wait where am I? Why are you here?” said nick in a panicked voice while crawling voice.

“Eh? Didn’t you ask to live for a second time? So here we are. Seriously what kind of weird human you are? And as for me, didn’t I tell you I am here to be your guide so you should be happy such a divine being like me is here to help you and here you are in our place where you got transferred in” said the polar bear cub in a confused voice.

“Wait wait I wanted to live in my world and live the original life that I was living, I was about to have a love life in 23 years of my life. Why am I sent somewhere else?” Said the protagonist in a sad voice as the feeling of anxiety covered his mind.

“Oi Oi remember what you said at that time and whatever you say it cannot happen. You should have a bit of sense and have said clearly” said the polar bear cub-like animal in a curious voice.

Hearing this the Protagonist was a bit angered, so he shouted out loud “What kind of joke are you saying? I clearly said I WANTED A SECOND C…” as the realization hits him, he stopped saying anything and realization what he had done. He started beating the floor with a punch while having fake anime tears.

“UWAAAAAAA WHAT HAVE I DONE WAAAAAA” shouted the protagonist in a daze while gazing at the floor with a pale face.

“Well, nothing could be changed about it, could we? So, what are we going to do?” asked the polar bear cub-like animal while lying down on the white floor and watching the white roof.

“Can I have a sleep first? If you are not in hurry, I need a bit of rest” asked the Mc with a deadpan expression.

To which the polar bear cub-like animal said, “Yeah sure I can have a bit of sleep too” and both went to sleep.

As Protagonist woke up, he saw the polar bear cub-like animal in front of him and got scared for a second.

“Waaah, you scared me for a second there. For a second I believe I was a goner to another world again this time.” speak the protagonist as he chuckled a bit.

Reciprocating a bit of laugh the polar bear cub-like animal replied “HAHAHAHA, a nice joke so what did you decide? What are we going to do now?”

On this question, the protagonist replied “Well in my sleep I decided, and a bit after I thought a lot about my life and decisions I made, and I am willing to give my life another chance after all in that world I don’t have anyone to return to it’s just the daily moments of happiness I miss from over there” he stopped for a while and spoke

“And I realize that maybe I can try living a life over here too rather than crying for what I had lost I shall work hard for what more I can do to make up for it, so yes I will work for a better life.” with a sense of thrill on his face.

After that, he woke up stretched his arms, and said “By the way, I forgot to have an introduction with you so let me tell you my name is Nicholas Goldmaker it became a bit long, so my friends generally use Nick Golds and let me ask you what your name dear friend is? And who was the person I met before?”

“Eh? I didn’t tell you Well my name is Albus ursa a divine spirit formed by the will of the great god of Strength, Courage, and Hunt and the person you met before was exactly my creator.”

“Wait you meant to say I met a literal god?” asked Nick with a surprise on his face.

“Yup what happened didn’t you realize it when you met him? Have you seen any mortal doing this?” asked Albus with a confused face.

Then replied to himself “Ah, in spirit form it became so difficult or think much so your ability to rationalize might have slowed down.” While putting a hand on his chin.

After which Nick replied, “Well I believe it was enough of a shock for one day, let us go to the outside world I need to find a job as soon as possible. ”

As Nick was getting ready for getting out, Albus stopped him and said “How about you became an adventurer?  You can fight with monsters and take adventure quests from the guild so we can travel to the world.” While showing some cute martial art moves that look way too cute on him.

“What? What did you say the sounds are way too different from the modern world I use to live in.? Wait, what kind of world are we in again?  Care to explain again.” Said Nick with a blank face while turning towards Albus.

Hearing this Albus sighed and said, “Why were you in such a rush and carelessness, it can cause your downfall one day.”

“It has never happened” refuted Nick with all of his whole might. 

[A/N: It surely did, I am the proof. LOL]

“So listen to me very carefully I am going to tell you a bit about this world.

This world is a place filled with many intelligent beings like humans, elves, dwarfs, etc. they all have differences in them but there is 1 thing in common and that is the use of magic and doing magic requires mana to consume.

As mana is a resource all over the living world as it is created by every living being but as they are filled with mana and too much of it will become toxic so throughout evolution, they have adapted to not absorb man beyond a certain limit so they do not harm themselves so they have stopped absorbing it so they do not burst with it.

But intelligent beings have also found a way to use mana to perform magic even if they cannot store a lot of it and that is by storing it in minerals.

As there is a certain type of minerals that can absorb mana and become capable to be used as a source of mana causing close to no harm to living beings.

Minerals or stones that are formed in living beasts are mana crystals but those formed in nature without living beings are stone crystals.

 There are 4 major divisions of land in this world with this land we are in being in the northern piece of land and it has 7 countries on it.

We are currently in one such country to be specified in the eastern part of that country.  “

“Ok ok I believe this is enough I will know more on the way; I am so excited that I can be such a fantasy world of whom I had read novels only wow now I will have a level and I will gain experience like crazy and became so powerful HEHEHEHHEHEHE” Nick interrupted the Albus and started his monologue with stars in his eyes that later became like the devilish grin.

Stopping nick’s session of monologue Albus asked “What are you talking about?”

“Eh? What are you talking about?” Nick asked confusingly.

“Eh? What are you talking about?” Albus asked similarly.

To which Nick replied “I am talking about leveling, experience and Overpowered”

“That is I am asking too what those are?” Asked Albus again with a similar tone.

“You mean?” replied Nick.

“I mean?” repeated Albus with his head tilted to the side and with a question mark over his head.

As the realization hit Nick and fall to the floor and start beating the floor with his hands with an anime-like fake teardrop in his eyes.

“There is no leveling system in this world and no experience system either I am so doomed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” started weeping Nick with fake tears in his eyes.

“Ok shut up now, just because you are a mere mortal does not mean you can annoy me with such noise, Keep moving now we are going out of here” stated Albus with a fire in his eyes.

“Come on let’s move outside” saying this Albus grabbed Nick by the shirt and start pulling him with him to the world outside of the white box.

“LOOKS LIKE THIS HUMAN NEEDS SOME FREEDOM,” said Albus as he ran outside while grabbing and dragging Nick with him.

 

 

Who will the Nick meets First outside ?
  • Merchant wagon
  • An Adventurer
  • Country Knight
  • Normal villager
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Oct 14, 2021 05:06 AM.
3