Chapter 5: Walk and Talk
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The quest was to determine the cause of changes in the forest especially the rising number of monsters” said Solis in a low voice.

“And then what happened that you were in such condition?” asked Albus with a confusing expression.

“Ah that is a long story, I believe it’ll take a bit of our time. So can I have something to eat first I might die of starvation at this rate?” asked Solis with a shyly expression and low voice to hide her embarrassment of asking help from people she accused.

‘Well I wasn’t in the wrong either, Ye-yeah I was also concerned and they don’t look like bad people either’ said Solis in her mind.

“Ah yeah, here have some crimson berries I found earlier but we have to keep moving to the place where you had your last battle” said Albus as he threw some berries out of his dimensional pocket and start moving towards the direction he had saved Solis.

“Ah yes sure, Thank you for the food” replied Solid as she started munching on the crimson berries like a starving beast that got his prey.

‘Oi Albus what is that crimson berry you gave her? It is my first time watching such thing can you give me one too. I also want to eat this new stuff’ said Nick in his monologue while staring daggers at the Albus for the berries.

Albus sighed threw a bunch of crimson berries towards Nick and said “Now we are moving towards our destination and you are also having your fill tell us your story of this quest Solis”

“Ah! Sorry Sorry I was kind of busy in eating these wonderful, chewy, delicious and sweet berries. So I forget” said Solis while still gobbling berries like a beast devouring its prey in hurry.

“So as I accepted this quest I leave the town and went for the eastern forest and while in my travel for the first 3 days I did not find anything. Except for chilled air seriously there is quite the chilly climate in here.

Moving on, After 4th day  towards the northern region of forest there was a high number of demonic beasts then the usual  and they were moving towards the southern region and as soon as I saw that many demonic rabbit.  I know that they can be dangerous for villagers, so I subjugated them.

The entire 4th day was spent in this and hunting that many of demonic rabbits and then I slept that night a bit far away from the ground because I know the smell of blood may attract nightly demonic beasts and in my tired state it was difficult to subjugate them.

The real fight was in the 5th day, it was a day with lot of effort so many of demonic beasts were coming to my side, it took my quite a while to fight them and I did kill a lot but in the end their quantity was seriously overpowering my efforts. So I ran away after distracting them a bit.

It was a stain in my honor to run away from an ongoing battle but I had to do that to survive another day.

Then at the evening of the same day there was quite the silence in forest only sound of wind blowing and the ratting of leaves was there.

I became a bit suspicious and kept on guard whole night, sob  sob I didn’t even sleep that night and then at the next day after being tired of keeping watch all night and without an ounce of sleep I decided to take a look closer to northern region of forest and if possible not to engage in any combat that day.

And as I was moving to the northern region of forest, I found something unimaginable to my mind. It was goblins

I was stunned, Goblins are monsters of dungeon them moving outside means dungeon break.

But there wasn’t any dungeon registered in that are at all.

Thinking about the reward for registering an unannounced dungeon and unknown dungeon, I was getting too happy and careless for my own good.

And a scout from goblins spotted me, unwontedly I had to indulge in a battle, a battle far above of my capabilities.

As I was fighting a goblin warrior suddenly shot me with a poison dart, l understood my lack of herbs and antidote at the moment might put me in a grave situation.

So I took the chance to run away as soon as possible and as far as possible while making sure to obstruct any goblin in my way.

After that I lost my consciousness and woke up in front of you both, so I thought I was in some dungeon and reacted that way.

Once again thank you for saving me.” Said Solis while bowing at the end of her sentence and starts munching last of the berries she had.

‘What you think Nick?’ asked Albus to Nick via their telepathic connection.

‘Hmm I think these berries are really good’ said Albus without any hesitation and delay in message and keep gobbling berries in his hand.

With an annoyed face Albus said ‘you idiot I am asking about her story, you think she was telling lie or truth?’

“About that, I believe she was telling truth. What reason she might possibility have to lie to us? You found her in a near death condition and there is no way someone else could have predicted our coming today. We are uninvited guests in this world. ” said Nick as he ate last of his berries.

 Taking a chuckle on Nick’s comment Albus said ‘An Uninvited guests, that is we truly are’

“By the way Albus, I have an important question to ask?” said Nick in a stern voice and pure serious face.

Thinking it might be an important question firstly Albus wondered ‘why is he talking in out loud if it is such an important question?’

Then without thinking much Albus said “What it is you wanted to ask?”

“Do you any any more berries, Mines are all finished?” asked Nick while maintaining the stern face.

On which Solis also joined in and said “Me too, Me too, I have also finished all the berries. Can you give me more berries too? ”

Dumbfounded by such question Albus took a sigh and said “NO” and further continued.

“I believe you two had eaten enough and we had walked enough.” said Albus as he grabbed both Solis and Nick from each hands and put on a smug face.

“Oh hell no, you are not doing that. Albus NO” Nick screamed all his might as Albus took a leap in the air

While in air Solis grabbed Albus tightly and asked “Are you sure we are going to go there safely?” with a panic in her voice.

“Maybe” replied Albus as with a grin over his face.

“I should have walked back to town” screamed Solis in sync with Nick who also screamed “I should have not taken a single step outside out the cave after all”

Sorry guys, I was kind of stuck in a lot of things so could not focus on story at all for about a month or so but fear not i am free now and will try to write as much as possible. Please give me your valuable evaluation of my work, so i can work on improving the story.

Thanking you all

1