Chapter 7: Morning battle with goblins
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night went peacefully no demonic beast attacked and everyone has a peaceful sleep in the roughly made rock house created by Albus.

The morning came and by the shining of sunlight on his eyes Nick mumbled in a annoyed voice and said “Who opened the curtain this ewarly?”

To which Albus replied “What curtain are you talking about, I see nothing here?”

Upon hearing it Nick immediately woke up “Eh?”

Then immediately apologized “Sorry, I had the habit of waking in my room and  I forget I had died and reborn into another world. It all seemed a bit strange to me.”

“What’s strange in living a life? The place might have changed but you are all the same, Sometimes I don’t understand such foolish things humans says.” Said Albus in a confusing manner.

“Yeah, you are right the place might have changed but I remain same. Sometimes you really says some good words too Albus” said Nick as he smiled facing Albus.

“Foolish human I always say goo-” said Albus as he turned his face away from Nick to hide his blush. Before he could say anything any further.

 Solis greeted from afar “Hi Nick you wake up? I thought you were gonna slept for a bit longer considering how your condition was so bad.”

“Yeah I just woke up, by the way where were you? I didn’t see you when I woke up and was just about to ask Albus about you.” Said Nick to Solis.

“Ah I was out to hunt something for our food as rabbits from yesterday  wouldn’t taste good today and look what I found.” said Solis as she hinted Nick to look at her back.

Behind Solis was a wild boar tied to roap that she was dragging. The boar was around 5 meter in length and with 2 long tusks that were looking quite dangerous. It also had grayish fur and despite being dragged it’s skin was looking mostly undamaged. Despite some cuts that were done probably by Solis to hunt it.

Nick was shocked watching it and said “Wow you hunted a boar yourself?”

“Hehe, of course. I ran quite a lot for it and it is my first time in months having a wild boar we were quite lucky today.” said Solis happily as she drooled and stars glittered in her eyes.

“We don’t have times to eat now the amount of goblins wandering near the cave have been increasing and more than that will be quite difficult to handle ” said Albus as he was looking towards the gate of the dungeon where the amount of monsters have been increased from before.

“Bu- but my food after so much time I was able to have a boar. Now we have to leave it here and run to cave, no I don’t accept that. ” replied Solis as she grabbed the boar like some favourite toy not letting it go.

Albus sighed and said “Here have some fruits for now and we can eat it later as we go in dungeon or at least came back after dungeon. It doesn’t look like it should take more than one day.”

As Albus said that he tossed some Crimson berries towards both Solis and Nick. After giving them something to eat Albus just put the entire boar in inventory.

“Woah you can store even an entire boar like that too, wow you must be so powerful in magic” uttered Solis in awe of mystical being in front of her.

“Well of course I am an powerful able to do lots  of magic. You seem to have a nice eye to admire this mighty being in front of you” responded Albus happily.

Nick commented “Wait, you could have really stored the rabbits you killed yesterday and store it didn’t you?”

“Yes Nick is right, why didn’t you?” asked Solis with a curious expression.

“Well, I kind of forgot hehe, now let’s move onto our fight ” responded Albus as he immediately changed topic.

“So let’s go” roared Albus as he readied himself to jump down and grabbed  Solis put her on his shoulder and jump down the cliff.

As soon as they reach down the cliff goblins noticed them and start moving towards them with clubs in their hand but some of the goblins backed off and disappear into the thick bushes and trees behind them.

Soils tried to run towards the goblins with her sword in her hand and a smile on her face but was stopped by Albus.

“Why are you in a hurry? they are much more than you can handle in my opinion. Give me a minute ” responded Albus with the curious gaze of Solis who looked toward her.

Saying this Albus closed his eyes and put both his hands  in the air and closed his eyes while chanting something.

As he was chanting the mana around him started to surge and suddenly rock spikes started to form around him and as 10-15 rock spikes were created he opened his eyes.

“Rock spikes” uttered Albus and all the spikes were thrown towards the goblins and most quite a lot were hit and several even died.

“Now let us go and have a bit of exercise before lunch” voiced Albus as he ran towards the remaining goblins and both Albus and Solis started attacking the remaining goblins.

With several sword slashes and powerful punches both Albus and Solis were killing all the goblins left and right and suddenly some goblins jump upon them from above.

Without wasting anytime Albus immediately  threw the nearby stone towards the goblins shich threw away 3 of them far from them but one was side ways and unaffected due tohim being out from the range of the stone thrown.

Albus immediately jumped flipped and kicked the goblin towards the direction of Solis and screamed “Solis”.

As Solis turned towards the direction of Albus she saw a goblin coming towards her and she swing her sword which cleanly swiped it’s neck.

From above Nick was also seeing this fight and he was in awe of this match of 2 vs 40 goblins and the two were winning it.

At the sight of the clean strike which was from the mixing co-ordination of Albus and Solis Nick commented  “This is so cool to be true, I widh I also could fight with them”.

Near the ground all the field goblins were cleared and the field was looking blody and messy.

But Solis with a happy smile on her face started to move towards the goblins and dig out there mana stone which was a lot of effort but there wasn’t a trace of displeasure on her face.

“I should go bring Nick here, we should not leave here outside here alone” spoke Albus as he turned away from Solis and move towards the cliff.

“Ah sure, you will find me digging their mana crystals” replied Solis cheerfully as he plucked another mana crystal near the neck of goblin.

Albus reached the top of cliff and find Nick waiting already for him to come and he started running towards the Albus with a cheerful face and grab the Albus and said “Albus I am ready, let’s depart”

Hearing this Albus grabbed Nick to make sure he did not slip during or in the middle of jump and jumped to the front of the cave.

‘Albus what is Solis doing? At this point I am too afraid to ask’ asked Nick  with the mental link between him and Albus.

To which Albus replied  ‘Didn’t I tell you ? magic crystals are formed in the demonic beasts called mana crystals they are quite good ingredient in various stuff so sold in market’

As  they  were talking Solis finished her Work of removing the mana crystals and came closer to them and asked “Nick why did you not enter the battle? I thought all three of us will go into battle together as a team ”.

“Actually I am a hermit living far away from the daily lives of people. So I did not train much in fight and magic. In real battle I am kind of useless” said Nick in a apologetic tone.

Hearing this Solis was stunned and remarked “What kind of people you were with? You weren’t even blessed with mana? How did you survive till now? I am amazed”

On this remark  Albus stepped forward and replied “As I said before I am taking care of him and regarding mana and combat he will learn slowly after all I am with him” while smiling smugly.

“Well I don’t care anymore both of you are so weird but I don’t find you as bad people so let’s work together ” said Solis and became eager to enter the dungeon.

Just as they were about to enter the dungeon Nick stopped them.

On which both Albus and Solis were surprised and Albus asked “What happened?”

Nick replied “I also wanted to be helpful in fight”

“But how” asked both Solis and Albus in unison with a curious expression all over them.

“With my weapon” said Nick with a smug smile and started laughing like villain.

1