Chapter 9: My weapon
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After eating as much they can both Nick and Solis became happily after all eating is the most important part of life.

“Ah man I am full, now I want to sleep” Nick commented as he lay down while rubbing his belly and eyes closed in complete bliss.

“Yeah I also want to rest a bit but did you know in the outside when you are supposed to do fight in a battle you should not eat to your full but only up to a little more than half of what you can eat.

After all you cannot fight if you are full it only makes you lazy” replied Solis as she looked towards remaining boar meat left that they could not eat.

“Whelp guess I should have not eaten up to full but what’s there to worry about? After all it’s not like we are going into a fight without Albus we can rest until then” responded Nick with a carefree tone.

Immediately after this Nick’s eye open up due to a sound he heard he responded “Oh no”

A cumulative voice of beats started to echo in the cave and Solis immediately picked up her sword and started moving towards the entrance of cave from which the voice was coming.

Nick also woke up and said ‘Did I just jinx us? Isn’t it happened in movies why did it occurred in real life too?’ in his mind.

After moving towards the entrance of cave the voices became more prominent Solis whispered Nick to moves slowly without making any voice to not attract their attention and moved further.

Solis hide behind the wall and took a peek to other side and saw a large number of demonic rabbits coming from outside.

 She looked again to Nick and whispered to Nick “Nick there is a group of demonic rabbits coming towards our direction from the outside.”

On which Nick responded “But they weren’t there when we were outside from the morning and wandered in cave too. How come they are coming to us now?”

Solis replied “Because of the food we cooked its smell might have attracted demonic beasts from the outside. They might look small but their senses are quite strong.

But worry not I can handle these much of demonic rabbits by myself you make sure we are not attacked from the other floor of dungeon too.

Then situation will become difficult to handle. Then I’ll go and handle them all”

As Solis finished her comment she left her position and started moving towards demonic beasts while throwing stones in other direction to distract them.

Seeing her skill in fighting Nick was impressed again and again. The fight was going smoothly as Solis has experience to fight at a bit of disadvantage.

Solis was making sure that she does not fight more than 4 rabbits at one time so she was luring some by throwing pieces of meat to other side and killing ones closer to her.

As there was no pack unity in the group of rabbits, they only cared for either food or predator choosing to attack them. Those who were eating meat did not care that their companion were getting killed as they themselves were not harmed and were having something important than life of their companions ‘FOOD’.

Slowly but surely Solis was winning the battle seeing this Nick was happy too as he has no need to go into battle.

Due to living a life in modern world as a simple janitor he wasn’t experienced in battle and even in fighting he was a bit trembling at the thought of even the need of killing something by his hand.

Nick was so happy that now the fight was almost completely over and commented “as now only half of the rabbits remain, Solis you surely won this battle”

Just as Nick was bathing in joy of Solis’s victory and having victory dance he heard shriek of Solis alarmed Nick saw towards Solis and found she was stabbed by a rabbit horn.

Upon looking closer Nick saw that this particular rabbit was bigger and blacker in color rather than normal white demonic rabbits it also had a horn like structure over his head which was currently stabbed inside abdomen of Solis.

Nick was horrified and frozen for a second thinking what he could do now?

‘What can I do? What can I do? What can I do? What to do now to save Solis?’

But suddenly he heard another scream of Solis that awakened him out of daze as she had was attacked by another demonic rabbit closer to her that strikes her in her waist.

As soon as Nick woken up from his daze and make a decision on what had to be done next.

Nick  started to  scream  “GET AWAY FROM SOLIS YOU STUPID ANIMAL” and ran toward Solis as he put his hand in his pocket and pulled out his gamocha that was tied and filled and tied with stones on one end and was free from other.

The gamocha was acting similar to a ball and chain weapon, Nick rotated the gamocha as fast as possible and hit the rocky side of the gamocha towards the head of the white rabbit and kicked the black rabbit with all of his strength like a football far away from them.

The head of the white demonic rabbit was blasted like a watermelon after getting hit from the gamocha. He immediately removed the bag in which there was pieces of meat were in and spread them far away from them distracting all the rabbits.

The black rabbit was mostly fine after attacked but was still blown quite the distance away from them. It woke up and started eating up the pieces of boar meat near him.

Meanwhile Nick took Solis away from the rabbits and towards the deeper part of cave where they cooked the meat and stayed.

“Wait Nick going below alone is also dangerous any misstep on stairs will be devastating for both of us” mentioned Solis as Nick was attempting her to take to the lower floor of dungeon.

He immediately removed the shirt he was wearing and binds it on her abdomen to stop the bleeding further.

Nick affirmed to Solis “Worry not you’ll be fine, I am sure it’ll heal quickly”

“Yeah it should but for now we had to fight them, let me take my sword and hit them again” replied Solis with her usual similar expression and tone that even Nick realized was a bit forced.

Solis tried to take her sword before Nick could stop her and screamed from pain as she immediately let go of attempt to pick up her sword and clutched her abdomen again.

“Worry not, I will save you” declared Nick as he rotated his gamocha like before and encouraged himself to engage in fight again.

Seeing this Solis smiled bit and responded “yeah you have to take care of them with your weapon till Albus arrive after that I am sure he will take care of them”

Solis could see that Nick was trembling and stood in an improper stance showing lack of fighting experience along with all the sweats he was having while moving her from previous battle location to here.

“Ye- yeah I will take care of them all with my weapon, you need not worry” replied Nick in a trembling voice.

Upon understanding her comment fully Nick realized   ‘Wait, Albus could save us why isn’t he here yet’

“I am sure that Albus will be here any minute now” Nick told Solis and immediately started contacting Albus via their mental link

‘Albus Albus we are getting attacked from demonic rabbits and Solis is injured she is bleeding I am standing on the front line with my gamocha in my hand remember the weapon I made at entrance that is my only weapon now.

Please come as soon as possible, we really need your help like right now.

I have died once and not want to die again that early’

While there was not at reply from the other side for a few minutes Nick was anxious and his mind was filled with negative thoughts.

‘Has something happened to Albus?

Are we going to die here?

Is this the end of my another life too?

Am I also going to lose my first friend here too?’

‘-CK NICK LISTEN TO ME NICK’

Just as he was thinking he heard angry voice of Solis behind her at immediately replied “Wh- what were you saying? I am sorry I was thinking something”

Solis replied “I WAS TELLING YOU THAT DEMONIC RABBITS ARE IN FRONT OF YOU HURRY UP DO SOMETHING

AND IN OPINION THE BEST CHOICE IS TO LEAVE ME HERE AND GO DOWN TO WHERE ALBUS IS HE WILL BE HELPFUL.

SO LEAVE ME AND RUN TO SAVE YOURSELF”

To which Nick replied while trembling “I might not know how to fight but I know that I should not betray my friend.

So either we both will live or we both will die.”

Just as he finished his sentence a demonic rabbit at front jumped on him, Nick immediately swung his gamocha like before and hit that rabbit from below in mid air.

That demonic rabbit hit the dungeon wall and died of impact. Suddenly from his blind spot another rabbit jumped at him.

Solis screamed “NIIIICCCKKKK”

0