Chapter 14: A new surprise
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a couple of seconds the light dimmed and everyone look towards the Albus’s hand which had crystal before but now it has nothing in it.

“Cr- crystal where did it go? What did you do?” asked Albus with an annoyed face as he began to look for crystal frantically.

“Like I said before I did not do anything” replied Nick in a similar manner as he also began to frantically look for the crystal.

“Gwa gwa gwaaaaaa” an unknown voiced chimed in between of their conversation.

“Ni- nick look on your head” said Solis with a surprised expression as she covered her mouth in shock.

Nick got up and as he was a bit surprised by the Solis’s expression too he put his hand on his hand as found something on it and asked to himself “What is it?”

Just as he grabs that thing in his hand and opened it in front of him everyone was shocked Nick said astoundingly “How some this doll came on my head?”

On which the doll like figurine changed expression and a voice came out of her mouth “Gwa gwa gwaaaaaaaa” Nick was immediately was astonished beyond relief.

“You idiot she is not a doll she is a dryad” said Albus as he jumped on Nick’s hand and hold the newborn dryad in his hand with his care.

“Eh? So this is how a dryad looks, She is gorgeous” said Nick as he saw her smiling face.

The dryad was around little smaller than the size of the palm of an adult human with rose pink colored hair and green colored eyes and a light green one piece dress that covered her from chest to the knees. She also had a single pair of insect like wing on her back and innocence filled smiling face that was looking towards Nick.

Nick was flabbergasted beyond reason and in no reason he also made the same expression like Solis with a hand covering his mouth and another hand supporting the first hand while having two anime lie tears in his eyes.

Just as he was about to move towards the Albus and the dryad something bumped him in the side.

He looked sideways but before he could move his head to the side of bumping he was thrown away and as he heard the voice “Move away and let me see” he realized it was Solis who bumped her with such impact.

But Nick  didn’t let it pull him down he get up and reached towards the Albus  with same passion and said “Hi cutie, do you remember me?” with the best smile on his face.

‘Oh wait that came out as a wrong line’ thought Nick in his mind.

“I meant how come she hatched out that fast? Didn’t you tell me it would take a few months or so?

Kukuku does that mean you are bad in that calculation of yours” said Nick as he gently headpatt the newborn dryad with his index finger while mocking the Albus.

“I would love to punch you in the face right now but in the face of newborn dryad I shall forgive your today’s mistake and in response to that question of yours I would say that it is due to the divinity in you.

It seems she somehow absorbed divinity from you that gave her power to hatch out of crystal, what could be the reason for that I am not entirely sure right now” said Albus as he thought a bit while he put the newly born dryad in Solis’s hand.

“Wait so the lack of mana could be compensated with the divinity, you didn’t tell me about it?” asked Nick with the curiosity on his face.

“Ah I didn’t know that at all” said Albus with a nonchalant face.

On which Solis was surprised and asked “How can a divine beast not know about something?” with a shocked on her face.

“Huh like I said before I am not a proficient in magic but in strength, I only know a bit of magic and it might shock you because your exposure to magic is low.

My level in magic is around an arch mage in human terms, so I do not know most of the things in magic” replied Albus as he also begins patting the newborn dryad.

“Well let’s not concern about that and give lots of love to our Rosea” said Nick as he also reached out to the newborn dryad he named.

“Ah THAT’S IT” said Albus in a shocking voice as he solved a great mystery.

Everyone was surprised “What happened?”

“I figured out what make her hatch early, it’s her name. You gave her name at the cost of your divinity so she accepted it and it changed the duration of her growth.

I may not know everything about magic but I know something and can figure out something else with my super brain.

WAHAHAHA PRAISE ME MORTAL” shouted Albus as he was feeling full of confidence with the mystery he solved.

“Ah in all that I forgot to ask what happened to the tree, you both went out so fast for the tree” asked Solis as she remembered something.

“Ah, I didn’t told you before that body started to die the moment the dark mana crystal was pulled off, I could have killed it off sooner but it was dying already” replied Albus with a hopeless face.

“What but he was innocent, I wanted to save him” said Nick as he ran towards the treant.

“I saw his suffering his anguish his hatred to those who did this and his desire to protect the dryad.

I had wanted to save him so that he can live and see his efforts were not in vain.

They bring results and even good results” said Nick as he looked towards the Rosea at the end of his sentence who just smiled.

“Oi oi dramatic speech I told you this body is dead and can’t be saved but the organism can be saved” replied Albus with a smug face.

“How?” asked both Solis and Nick as they were surprised.

0