Chapter 16: A friendly betrayal
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick was going through a sandy and hot desert while sitting on a back of the camel there were many hiccups on road and it was swaying faster and faster suddenly heat got low and cool wind started to flow Nick was a bit shocked but suddenly his ride became more and more sway much and much faster, he could feel his stomach content in his mouth and his suddenly it went out.

From the morning everything was going great for Solis she was enjoying her ride to town it was much faster than her normal travel while patting the newly born dryad on her head who was sitting in her palm and giggling all about it but suddenly, she heard a sound that seemed like vomiting and she tilted her head to see nick had vomited in air.

Due to shock of vomit Nick open his eye and saw a scenario entirely different from what he had seen seconds ago there was no camel ride no sandy desert for him but something more devastating was.

Nick immediately screamed “You damn po- BLEGH -lar bear I told you not to tak- BLEGH -e me to that jumping route I bloody hate MOTION SICKN-  BLEGH -ESS” after saying it his all energy was dropped and albus stopped jumping from tree to tree and put them both down and their journey was stopped for some time.

“SHEESH I JUST SURVIVED THAT VOMIT DUE TO BARRIER MAGIC OR ELSE YOU WOULD HAVE POURED IT ALL OVER ME

YUCKKK DISSSSSGUSTINGGGGGG” replied Albus with a bit of anger in his tone.

Nick was thoroughly exhausted after all that vomit and he surely did not have any energy to roar and reply about it so he meekly said “I will remember this betrayal you talking bear”

“It was just a friendly surprise” said Albus calmly with a smug on his face.

“Friendly betrayal, you talking bear” replied Nick meekly.

“Uh both of you stop, Nick I understand what albus has done you may not like but it has saved us a lot of time now our town is just a few hours away on walk you rest can rest than we can walk there okay” chimed in Solis with her suggestion.

“GWEE GWEE GWEE” chimed in Rosea the young dryad while coping Solis.

Everyone laughed a bit about it and then rested a bit till neck got okay to be able to walk.

Then Nick got up and stretched his body a bit and asked “Which way Solis?”

“Ah that way” replied Solis as she pointed to a direction and the team walked off to the town.

After a few hours of walking, they reached where town can be seen in sight, nick was overjoyed and said “it’ll hardly take any an hour to reach right?”

On which Solis replied “I would say half an hour most” as she continued to keep walking.

“Oh yeah how do you plan to give us both entry to town we don’t have any kind of document wait wait do they even ask for document in this world?” asked Nick as his curiosity about this world bubbled up.

“Well, I had never seen them asking a document from me but that might be because they know my face” replied Solis after a bit of thinking

And they reached town gate while having small talks like that at the town gate they were stopped.

“Hey Solis you were out for quite a lot of days the adventure guild was thinking of making a team I heard from some adventures in the tavern.

Good to see you are all right, and who is the boy with you? and why is there a bear cub with you?” asked the guard while relieved of seeing Solis alive and well and noticing the unusual beings with her.

“Ah they are my friends or more like he is my friend whose parents died while travelling the forest and his grandparents raised him on their own and as they died, he was living there alone in my scouting I found him and persuade him to came to town and interact with other humans.

Fufu aren’t I great?” replied Solis merrily.

“Oh, that was sad so that cub may be his pet in loneliness” said the guard in an understanding way while nodding his chin feeling satisfied from his answer.

“Oh, but why did his parent Oops my bad grandparents take him to this town or any other town and how did they even get supplies to live in forest there are demonic beast there wouldn’t it be dangerous for them to fight in such age?” asked the guard with a newfound curiosity in the situation.

‘We are going downhill from now on, I don’t think his curiosity is good for us.

Hey albus why don’t we just ran away?’ asked Nick from albus via his telepathic link.

‘Downhill you said AHAA why don’t we just make it an excuse, just say that they were uphill and couldn’t go down’ replied Albus as he immediately got an idea from Nick’s remark.

“Well, that was because my grandparents were stuck with me at the mountain range and couldn’t came down with me as a child and weren’t sure about directions from there that’s why because even after their death I couldn’t come to down” said Nick was a breaking down with his face almost breaking into tears.

“N- now that everything is answered can you please let us go?” asked Solis in a panicking manner.

“Now then bye then we are going, I have to submit the report to guild I am already very late I don’t need to be late more than that. Bye uncle guard” said Solis as she grabbed Nick’s hand and ran inside of the town and Albus swiftly followed them.

“Oh, the last one but the food and water how was they procured? You didn’t tell me that” asked the guard with a confused tone as he scratched his head with his hand.

Inside the town.

“Albus and Nick welcome to Auwack town, come let me tell give you a tour of it” said Solis with a charming smile as she bends towards Nick a bit with a blush on her face.

Looking at her Nick only had 1 thought in his mind ‘CUTEEEEEEEEE’

But suddenly someone interrupted them as a voice heard from behind.

“SOOOOOLISSS”

0