Chapter 20: The Debtors demand
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick’s face immediately stiffened and he reached toward Albus a couple of minutes later they left the river.

Nick was fearing a lot about what was happening as he had seen in his life on earth what loan sharks can do while being restrained by law but here they are unrestrained.

It left an ominous feeling in his heart and with Albus's speed, it took less time to come back than it took to reach there. It showed that the speed through which they reached the lake was not the fastest speed of Albus at all.

As Nick was thinking all of it a crisp sound of “NO” reached his ears and he was sure that it was the voice of Solis.

Nick and Albus ran towards the village and in the village, Nick noticed the gloomy faces of the villagers soon they reach Solis’s house where they saw a group of people standing outside Solis’s home.

They were people in metallic armor, Knights to be precise it was Nick’s first time watching a knight.

Yes, he had seen a guard in the town but his dress was just that of a cloth dress with a spear in hand compared to that the group of people standing in front of him was true knights.

They had metal armor, sword or spear in hand and a couple of horses with them yeah there weren’t that many horses on them for that to be 1 for everyone but there were still horses present.

They were wearing clothes that had insignia of a gold-colored leaf on their back. It was unknown to him what kind of leaf it was but he has seen it somewhere.

While looking around them Nick heard sounds of argument and squeezed right between them and as he reached the front line of the group he saw Solis standing in front and shielding the twins while her mother was trying to talk to the person standing in front.

The person standing opposite Furia was a teenager wearing extravagant clothes again with the same sigil as knights on his back. He had the haughty look on his face an expression full of pride.

There were 2 men just behind his back with a sword in his back and they were wearing better armor than other knights.

“We said we will pay our debt and we have our money at hand now but you just cannot increase our interest and overall money demand extra money from us. We have our original amount. This is utterly unfair” Said Furia with a bit of anger in her tone.

“Then you should have not taken the debt from us, You are trying to cheat us after taking our money. You had signed the contract so now you have to give us what we want” replied the teenage boy.

“And we are denying none of that but that sudden increase of interest rate and such inflated amount of monthly payment this semester is impossible for commoners like us to pay” replied Furia in a desperate tone.

“I know nothing either give us money or give us our payment another way,” said the teenage boy with a smirk on his face inclining another method of payment.

‘Maybe rather than money the other method is what he wants, Did you see that insidious smile on his face Albus?’ asked Nick from Albus through his monologue.

To which Albus replied ‘It certainly seems that way, I feel they have already preplanned for such a situation while looking at all the knights present there.

‘So what are we supposed to do here?’ asked Nick in a hesitating tone.

‘Well we will act only when we must do so, I can sense all of these people are weakling even the most powerful human present is just at the level of the rabbit I fought in the dungeon.

Which you’d remember what I had done to that, So if a fight ensues I can assure you that I can protect you and beat them all together’ replied Albus with his haughty tone showing no stress in the situation at all.

Hearing all this from Albus makes Nick gain his confidence again.

“You filthy peasant just shut up and either give us the money or one of your children as a slave, it is written in the contract that we have the right to extract payment every month if you fail to procure payment for any month,” said the knight behind the teenage boy as he put his right hand on his sword handle as a provocation to unsheath it.

“Wh- what? What kind of absurdity is this?” yelled Furia as she looked towards them in shock it was an unexpected demand from them that she was not willing to give in to.

“As my knight has said you either give us money or give us one of your children,” said the teenage boy with a voice that was planning to take no excuses.

“If you want money then come with me to the guild, I will be getting my payment for a quest today I can pay whatever you our monthly interest with whatever extra charge you had added” replied Solis while shielding her siblings who were shivering from fear.

“I am going nowhere on the word of a mere plebian, you had to give us the full amount of the money either now or give us 1 of that children” replied the teenager in an angry tone.

“Then you are getting nothing from us you unjust cause of a person” replied Solis with a roar.

“A mere plebian dares to shout on a noble? Me heir to the Auwack family Cassius Auwack, Scratch this contract, Now I demand both of these children to be arrested and knight put down that girl who dares to shout on a noble” roared Cassius to his knights.

As soon as they get his orders 3 the knights ran towards the Solis’s family Cassius was in full rage and Furia was in shock at what was happening.

“Children run from the backside of the home, run as I handle these bad guys” Solis ordered to her siblings as she proceed to unsheath her sword.

Hearing such strict orders from her sisters both siblings knew they had to obey so proceed to run as fast as they can from that place while Solis was shielding their back.

While Solis was engaging with two knights once sneakingly ran towards the children who were running away. The knight was closing near to Lydus and Atria was just about to catch them.

Solis saw that and was shocked But she was already engaged in a fight and cannot abandon it so she screamed “NOOOO”

0