Chapter 22: Cassius’s humiliation
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adiran in front was filled with anticipation of winning while he could see but he was sure that although the beast in front of him was strong he couldn’t be that strong to defeat all of them. 

 

Meanwhile, Albus could see that all of the weaklings coming toward him were weaklings so much so that he could defeat them in an instant with a high-class spell or a roar but he had a plan and he had o act accordingly.

 

Just as all the knights were at arm's length in front of him Albus could see the man in the lead was laughing maniacally while swinging his sword towards his head. 

 

Seeing how slow that sword was Albus was acting all smug inside but it was the moment the fight started.

 

Adiran has a bit of hesitation when he moved forward first to attack the unknown beast that might have terrified him before but watching the beast making no moves as they went near him just made him resolute that his decision was right in attacking first and the wave of fear he felt before might be a form of psychic attack that this beast knows.

 

Everyone was having similar thoughts as although they might have felt terrified of the beast before but now watching as the beast not reacting to the wave of people pouncing upon him must have meant that it was terrified so much so that it forgot how to react and that action might have just sealed the fate of him.

 

But what happened next shocked everyone as Adiran’s sword was just above the head of Albus and was about to swing down to him Albus moved.

 

Albus jumped above and bite the wrist of Adiran so hard that the burly knight screamed like a child and a small blood fountain sprung forth from his wrist in the next second Albus swung downward and hit the chest of the knight and left his wrist. 

 

With that, the expression on the face of Adiran’s face changed from extremely happy to in pain and he started to scream as he was sent back flying and crashed back with 2 knights behind him.

 

And Albus landed on the ground gracefully and without wasting any time Albus ran toward another knight and swung his paw as he came in contact with the knight. 

The armor was slashed like butter and the knight was thrown.

 

And then similar events started to happen in the front yard of the house as Albus keep trying to slam, bite and slash someone while actively dodging their attacks and after a couple of minutes all of the knights that came with the Cassius were on the ground except for the Cassius himself and the two men who were standing behind him that did not partake in the fight and were just watching.

 

From Nick’s point of view, everything was just like a movie action scene, it was exhilarating to watch it was his time watching such a fight happening in reality.

 

On the other side Cassius’s expression took a full turn from start to end, he was appalled by the aftermath and everything that happened was just unimaginable to him and he realized that he had taken a bad decision in fighting with such a beast and now it felt difficult to even find out any way to go back to the barony.

 

He became even more gloomy when he saw the white bear of a beast slowly coming towards him and growling like a mad beast. 

The knight behind him moved first time as he began to unsheathe his sword and get ready to fight. 

 

Albus began to radiate mana like before making him look like a ferocious beast and was still moving like before slowly slowly Cassius started to move back at the same pace by which Albus was moving forward.

Just as Albus was a few feet away from Cassius a voice resounded “Albus please come back, you had done enough”. It was Solis calling him back.

 

Hearing this Albus went back to where Solis was and started to rub her leg affectionately as a pet does.

 

At the moment Nick spoke “Young noble I would appreciate it if you went back with your knights and wait we will pay you the agreed value of interest tomorrow in the guild or else you can try to fight it out here with my Albus whom we may have stopped here but I can’t be sure whether I can stop him next time”

 

It was an utter humiliation to Cassius and just he was about to snap back and say something the knight standing behind him put his hand over Cassius’s shoulder and tapped twice after this Cassius was shocked but immediately stopped turned back and said “Knights we are going back” as he left the village and all knights that can follow him followed shouldering those who could not follow him.

 

Needless to say, it was a humiliation to Cassius and the entire Auwack barony that they all swallowed bitterly as they left the village.

 

In just 15 minutes or so the people of Auwack barony left the Redock village and all the villagers were gawking at this nearly impossible scene. 

 

‘WOW ALBUS YOUR PLAN WORKED LIKE A CHARM’ said Nick to Albus via their mental connection.

 

‘GWE GWEE GWEE’ chimed in Rosea while imitating Albus’s moves as she moved out from Nick’s vest.

 

Nick immediately panicked and said ‘HUSH YOU SAID INSIDE, MY DEAR’ while trying to push Rosea back to the vest. She initially protested and after a pout, she went inside and disappeared.

 

Albus replied ‘STOP SCREAMING IN MY HEAD YOU FOOL’

 

Nick then smug a bit and said ‘WHO IS SHOU-’

 

Furia interrupted Nick with her sudden bow to both Nick and Albus and said “I am grateful that you have saved our family from destruction today without you they might have taken my kids away from me. I can’t repay your favor with anything other than my gratitude”

 

Nick immediately replied “huh? What are you saying aunt? Your gratitude is enough for us and as I had said before Solis is our friend and her family is our family. So helping each other is natural” while blushing at the end of his sentence.

 

Solis was just standing at the side and smiling the whole time when her worry suddenly filled with worry as she asked “Ah I just remembered where is Lydus and Atria? I told them to run away they might not have left somewhere far from here right?”

 

‘Well damn it was one important issue we both forget about in the fight’ said Nick in his monologue with a shocked face.

 

“I can see them they are hiding behind that tree, wait for me I’ll get them back” Albus replied after staring in the pointed direction for a second. 

 

And in the next second, he disappeared from his position.

0