Chapter 23: Reached the guild
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A couple of seconds later Albus came back with the two kids sitting on his back watching them safely and sound putting relief in Solis’s and Furia’s minds.

 

After hesitating for a couple of seconds Furia meekly asked “Are you sure they will not come back?”

 

“Mother that is an issue we will resolve tomorrow, let’s not worry about it for the time being, after all, tomorrow is not that far” assured Solis to her mother.

 

“Now that we have quite the free time on our hands let us move out and explore the forest” shouted Nick with an excited voice.

Soon Lydus and Atria joined in and shouted “YAY” and then faced their mother with a pleading expression.

 

After watching them Furia instantly understood what they were doing but watching Albus’s strength made her assured so she reluctantly gave her permission “Ok you both can go to the forest but remember not to go far from Albus and do come back in the evening before dinner”

 

Hearing both of the children were overjoyed then Solis, Nick, Albus, Lydus, and Atria left for the forest to roam around a bit and enjoy the view of it.

While they were wandering around Albus had an idea and he asked “Hey you all wanna go to the river?”

 

“Which river? Which river? Where is it?” asked Atria getting super excited over the aspect of going to the river.

 

“Let me take you there,” said Albus as he increase his size as much as a large bear watching it everyone was shocked.

 

Nick was most surprised and he immediately asked “You can change your size?”

 

“A bit, YES” replied Albus in a confused tone.

 

“Why did you not tell me before?” again asked Nick in a confused voice.

 

“Did I not tell you about me in the cave? And I am sure I mentioned my powers.

Don’t tell me you did not listen to me at all that time” said Albus as he started growling at Nick.

 

Hearing what Albus said Nick panicked and immediately talked “Oh yeah, how much would it take for us to reach the river? Look how desperate children are” while pointing at Lydus and Atria.

 

“We will talk about it later,” said Albus while growling, and then as everyone climbed on they all went to the river in half an hour.

 

It was a fun afternoon for everyone involved Lydus and Atria were having too much fun while playing in the river. It was their first time seeing a river. In such joy, the entire day was spent.

 

Next day at dawn.

 

Solis and Nick get ready to leave the Redock town and left town under the crying eyes of Lydus and Atria and with heartfelt gratitude from Furia. While Solis’s family was happy as Nick and Albus lived with them the villagers kept their distance from the newcomers.

 

While Nick did notice this he did not do anything about it, he wasn’t there for their love nor did he wants to gain affection from them. He was there to help Solis’s family and he did that.

 

As soon as they left the village and reach a distance from where they couldn’t be seen Solis and Nick climbed on Albus as his size increased to accommodate them and then he left at a speed fast enough so that Solis and Nick can properly hold him.

 

Albus ran through the woods like a speeding car with no brakes and he started to gain more and more speed unknown to Solis and Nick in a couple of hours they almost completed the entire distance but Albus stopped a few kilometers away from the Auwack town and they reorient themselves to be able to act properly in the town as high-speed travel does disorient the minds sometimes, especially of unfrequent riders of high speed.

 

They rest a for a bit and around mid-afternoon reached the town gate where the guard from before was also there and greeted her as usual as he did before but just as they were about to enter the guard stopped them and asked “Are you alright? You left quite early and in such a panic I was quite worried” in a caring manner.

 

Solis replied with a smile “ Yes there was a problem but now it is fine so don’t worry yourself anymore” and left again smiling.

 

Nick and Albus followed Solis haphazardly with a smile to greet the guard who also replied similarly.

 

What they didn’t know was a man from the guard station ran as soon as he saw them somewhere.

 

This time Nick was focusing a bit more on the surroundings and he noticed that the houses present here are made with a bit more material than that of the village. In Auwack town most of the houses have been formed with Wood and Stone.

 

While appreciating the scenery around him filled with new architecture, new people, and new culture Nick was quite happy as it was an experience not everyone has lived.

 

Somewhere in the Auwack town in the underground training hall of a lavish manor, a teenage boy was bashing a haw dummy with a dagger with rage in his heart and eyes but someone interrupted him.

“My Lord they have reached the town,” said the servant.

 

“How can they reach that fast? Wait, It is not necessary now I am sure it might be because of that beast.

What happened to our plan?” said Cassius as he stopped after stabbing the dummy who knows how many times.

 

The servant said with a grin on his face “The information is currently being obtained and in regard with the other one that won’t be necessary anymore, My Lord”

 

Hearing this Cassius was elated and said “Let us leave too, we can’t miss it”.

 

Soon Nick and the team reached the Guild and Nick viewed it from up and below first before entering it has more stone in the building than the other buildings making it an important place.

 

After appreciating the place from the outside he joined the Solis inside the guild and was again fascinated with the environment in it as men and women were moving here to there with any kind of weapon with them.

 

But soon he moved out of it and as he was reaching toward Solis he heard her scream in a fit of rage

“What kind of joke is this?”

 

 

0