Chapter 24: Solis’s mistake
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick was also shocked hearing Solis’s scream in rage and immediately went to her as he reached the counter he saw Solis arguing with the girl he had seen before when he first went to town.

 

“How can you say that I will not be getting paid for my quest? I have fulfilled it by wandering around in the forest for so many days” asked Solis from Merle.

 

“Because although some idiot went to the forest to do that much of hard work but did not bother to collect anything as proof. How the hell is Guild supposed to know whether what you say is true or not?” replied Merle in a fit of rage.

 

“So what you meant to say that is we need to have any sort of evidence that proves our words are right?” asked Nick.

 

“Yes, that is what I have been saying” replied Merle as she looked at Nick.

 

“B- but what about my effort? I put so much time and effort in it” asked Solis as her face was in changing into despair.

 

“That is why I told to you not take that quest, it was a dangerous quest and was not supposed for a newbie to do alone but you just refused to listen to me saying you need urgent money and whatnot. Next time listen to me properly. My job is to assist adventurers in their quest not to pester them” Replied Merle as she stared into the eyes of Solis.

 

Hearing it and realizing her mistake Solis begins to cry and she sat down at the spot she was standing.

 

Watching it Nick was also sad but suddenly he had an idea ‘Hey Albus, Can you bring those corpses back from the dungeon with your speed?’

 

‘NO, all the corpses have been absorbed in the dungeon and the one outside must have been eaten by other monsters. I don’t think it is possible to get them back now, it has been far too long for that’ replied Albus with a straight face.

 

‘So you have any other idea that could be helpful?’ asked Nick in desperation.

 

‘Although I can’t bring monsters from the dungeon I can use monsters that I have already stored. I certainly don’t have all of it but I have some of them still stored with me, they make up for a good snack’ replied Albus while drooling.

 

‘Ah yes, how can I forget that? Then let us help her’ replied Nick cheerfully in his mind.

 

“Ah well you can use monster corpses that I have stored outside the town as your quest completion evidence,” said Nick to Solis who was crying while sitting on the floor of the guild.

 

“oR sOsTers OuTsIse vOWn?<Your monsters outside the town?>” asked Solis while crying which were quite weird words but Nick manage to make out the meaning of them.

 

“YES, OUR MONSTERS STORED OUTSIDE THE TOWN,” said Nick calmly.

 

As Solis faced Albus randomly he immediately signed her to keep quiet after which she understood the meaning.

 

“Miss Merle would monster corpses serve as fine evidence of the quest completion?” asked Nick from Merle with the same smiling face.

 

“yes as long as their quality is not rotten bad as monsters from bad quality might be bought from somewhere else and submitted to guilt” replied Merle as she had hands folded in front of her chest.

 

“So let me go and bring it back may I have a cart please?” asked Nick politely from Merle.

 

Merle was a bit surprised but after a bit of thought replied “Sure, but from the moment you bought to half a day charge is 4 silver and every other half day will increase to 3 silvers. It is also your responsibility as now as you cart to feed the steed. It will be properly checked before issuing the cart and before accepting the cart. Now it is your choice whether you want it or not”.

 

Nick pretend to think a bit and then replied “Hmm it sounds like a fair price to me now where is the cart”

 

After dumping all the paperwork to Solis, Nick ran away with Albus to receive and go out with the cart. The cart was not very large it was just like a mini car size around  4m in length and 3m in width but it was enough for Nick to be use as of now.

 

After taking the cart from the guild Nick and Albus moved out of the town for a couple of kilometers and stopped at a secluded spot where Albus dumped all of the monster corpses into the cart.

 

“To be fair I am more comfortable in the cart rather than riding on your back every time we had to leave for somewhere. How about we buy a cart later?” Nick asked as Albus was filling the cart with a smile on his face.

 

“Hmm if you want then I don’t mind, other than how slow it felt on everything other than me I have no problem with how to travel” Albus replied without looking.

 

“But are you sure that these can solve the debt problem? I believe the noble we humiliated will not rest easy” asked Albus with curiosity in his tone.

 

“Pfft. Says the person who humiliated him, It was all you I was just a bystander other than conveying my message at the end I did not do anything at all” replied Nick while trying to maintain a stern face and stop a burst of laughter.

 

After filling and organizing the cart so that the monster carcass does not fall over in the middle of the road trip they went back.

 

After greeting the friendly guard they entered the town and straight went to the guild Nick had forgotten the way but Albus had located it due to the location of Solis with his nose.

 

‘man I gotta say if I tell solis about it that Albus located you with his nose I am damn sure she will take another 1 hour in bathing every day LOL’ thought Nick as he proceed to laugh at his joke.

 

Soon they reach the guild where Merle, Solis, and others were standing outside of the guild and the cart was directly taken to the warehouse where carcasses are processed.

 

As soon as Nick jumped out of the cart Solis hugged him and murmured in his ear “I am thankful you had again saved me” as she started to cry.

 

Nick gently patted her “I believe it is not time to cry”.

 

“To be fair I was also shocked seeing that much monster carcass hunted by a newbie, let’s see how much it amounts to?” replied Merle with a light tone.

 

Soon a middle-aged man with glasses on his eyes and nice looking suit with a book in his hand came near Merle and leaned to whisper something into her ear.

 

After hearing him for a while Merle nodded and said “Your total is 7 gold coins including quest reward and monster carcass after excluding all the charges that I can explain to you in detail later but as of now here is your reward” as she take out 7 gold coin from her pocket and hand it to Solis.

 

Feeling such gold coins in her hand Solis was exasperated as it was her first time seeing the gold coin in her hand the last time she has seen it this closest was ages ago. After all 7 gold amount is not an amount any newbie adventure can make. Solis was happy that all her effort and sacrifice were not in vain.

 

She happily told Nick that “ Nick we had done that we had achieved our goal 8 gold was the amount mother had taken as a loan and now we had 7 gold from this and 10 silvers from my savings.

It is enough to repay the loan”

 

Just as Solis was happily cheering she heard a voice that said

“IT IS NOT ENOUGH”

If I had not explained money culture let me clear it now

10 bronze= 1 silver

10 silver = 1 gold

100 gold= 1 platinum

1000 platinum = 1 royal gold(orichalcum)

 

0