Chapter 59: New Classes & [Arachnid Assailant]
4k 21 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...what's going on here?

I went to the Warrior-line dojo building to see how Nyx and Nala were doing and found the two of them in a battle to the death! Okay, it's not that serious, but they're still fighting with more gusto than my training. ...or are they...? Nope, my bad. Nyx's only hitting Nala who's doing her best to defend herself..., but knowing about that skill that the squid owns, I'm not so sure...

"Oh? Dungeon Ruler~. Over here~." 

A voice called out to me from my left. A person, correction, it was an Oni who was sitting there. She's pretty tall, probably over 2 meters high if she was standing, but it's better not to mention the rest of her figure. So pitiable...

"And you are?" - Garami

"I'm a Lesser Ginkaku~. If you need to call me something, then Gin's a-okay~." - Gin

Ginkaku..., ah. "Silver horn". She does have such a thing, along with silver eyes. Her barbarian-long hair is dark brown, however, and her spare clothing is dark green, so it's not a perfect match. 

"And those two?" - Garami

"They're your demons..., oh! What they're doing? Right, right, my bad~. The octo's getting beaten up to train its tough-guy skills~. And the shadow's leveling up her beat-them-up skills~. Your HP can't go down in this area after all~. Oh, and they need your okay to get new classes I've made them qualify for." - Gin

Her way of describing stuff is giving me some doubts, but let's see what she's chosen.

Class: Water Protector
Rank: Intermediate
Class-line: Warrior
Requirement conditions:
  • Quest: "Sea Defense Line"
  • Skill: [Lesser Water Element]
  • Skill: [Cover]
  • VIT: 150+
  • RES: 150+
Stats:
VIT+ RES+ MP- MAG-
Class traits:
  • Unlocks Water element skills related to withstanding damage or defense in general.
  • Increases the effect of Water elements, and defense-type skills. 
  • Improves the chance of attracting enemies with Taunting-type skills.
Description:

The Water Protector is a defensive class that uses the Water element to withstand attacks. This class works like an ordinary element-focused Warrior-line class, yet most of, if not all, its abilities are related to defense. Due to the nature of its element, the Water Protector is even more useful in water-type fields.

The class grants skills of the Water element that has the purpose of withstanding and counter-attacking any hostiles that may come at the Water Protector.

If you like to play it defensively in the water, this class is your pick.

This is supposed to be Nala's class..., it's not bad. It fits someone who I want as a tank. But with Nala being its user...

Class: Demon Predator
Rank: Intermediate
Class-line: Warrior
Requirement conditions:
  • Quest: "What Lurks in the Dark"
  • Genus: Demon-type.
  • Skill: 3+ Demon-type skills.
  • HP: 120+
  • STR: 120+
Stats:
MP+ STR+ SPD+ RES-
Class traits:
  • Unlocks certain Demon-type skills.
  • Improves the effect of drain-related Demon-type skills.
  • Unlocks special evolution paths for Demon-type races.
Description:

The Demon Predator class is a special Warrior-line class that can only be obtained by those of a Demon-type race under normal circumstances. Demon Predator revolves around skills that leeches HP, MP, and whatever else the demon using this class can get their claws on that their opponent owns. 

The class grants drain-type skills that suck up the enemy's strength and grant them to the Demon Predator. As one can guess from its name, the skills are all Demon-type skills.

If fighting dirty and taking what you want is your kinda thing, then this is your class, demon.

Oh? This is a better fit for Nyx than I imagined it would. The part where the class "unlocks special evolution paths" is also alluring. The only problem is that I think Nyx will have way more MP than she needs.

"This looks good," I said as I agreed on the classes and allowed the two demons to buy them from the Skill Shop. "What else?" I asked, seeing as the two had enough AP for a Sub Class.

"Who knows~? The octo could get a class that's related to the sea, you know, because of her second element, but the shadow may be better with a "bad" spell caster-type one~?" - Gin

That's an idea. Nyx's combat style is fast movements while making life sour for the enemy. Sorta like how I do it. And she does have more MP than she needs even with her Monk main class.

As for Nala, I made a quick return to my Player Room and retrieved the old skill book for [Spear Proficiency], and gave it to her. I figured it would be nice for her to have some sorta weapon, and it's not like she could use Monk as good as Nyx. Besides, I've seen on the BBS that tridents and such are part of the spear line. It fits Nala's overall design.

I then walked over to the Mage's dojo...and immediately turned around. The place looked like the area for a sabbath. Better stay clear...

"Boss? You're already back?" asked Fox as I returned to the Scout's dojo. 

"...finished my preparations." - Garami

"Funny thing. So did I." - Fox

I took a look inside and saw that the dojo had gotten quite the makeover for such a short time. Large cables and wood-like ornaments were spread all across the room. It's sorta like an artificial mini-jungle in here.

"The deal's simple," said Fox as he started his explanation. "Hit the "tester" that appears with a thread-based attack skill 10 times, and make sure it's ONLY thread-based attacks. Also, don't get hit. 10 hits on you equals "game over", and the quest can't be retaken." 

"That's harsh." - Garami

"Hey, you're trying to qualify for a class that normally only arachnids could take." - Fox

"Really?" - Garami

"As real as me and..., no, that feels wrong. Anyway, go and break a leg or eight! Ahahaha!" - Fox

Hmm? Does this guy have a "4th dimension breaker" skill or something? The management sure knows their meta-jokes.

Fox ran out of the building, which got covered in darkness as the quest..., the trial started. It's not as bad as the darkness that Fox used during the training session. Meaning I can still see clearly as if it was in the middle of the day. Even when I don't want to. Because this "trial" includes a stupid-big spider that's currently climbing across the cables and obstacles close to the roof. An especially ugly spider, I may add.

Where should I start? It's big, bigger than the almighty Truck-kun, it has four joints on each leg, sixteen extendable fangs, and a huge tongue filled with warts hanging out of its mouth. I don't wanna touch it...

Luckily, it seems it's not planning on it either. But I wish it wasn't mooning me. Or shooting threads from its butt. Better than seeing its hideous face..., maybe.

Back to reality, I was about to throw a Fireball at the threads when I saw them coming beforehand thanks to [Prediction], but then I remembered what Fox had said. Only threads are okay in this challenge. So I gave up on the spider barbeque and relied on my legs to get the hell outta that spider's line of fire. 

Trying to hide behind the obstacles that make up the jungle could come back and bite me if they make me lose track of the giant spider. Rather, that could be the original purpose behind them. That's why I focused on evading the butt floss and waited for a chance...there!

I slipped past a predicted bundle of spider threads and fired a volley of [Mystical Thread] in return. 20 of them even! So much for this quest~...HUH!?

Just as my volley of threads was about to strike the spider's unguarded back, I learned the hard way that it wasn't. The strange joints on the spider's legs allow it to turn said legs around in otherwise impossible directions. And each leg was covered by something that looks like a shield made of...aura, or something. It blocked the threads. And seeing how the quest's still going on, it doesn't qualify as a "hit".

"*Khekhekhekhekhe~*" - Ugly Spider

Grr, that bastard's laughing at me..., and shooting more junk from his butt! Should I give up on the quest and just burn him? I'm getting extremely tempted to do it... That's it!

"Fireball!" - Garami

I shot a Fireball while making a dramatic movement to show what I was doing. And just as I predicted, the spider desperately tried to block it with its "aura shields". This move also made its cocky laughter stop, which is a personal bonus for me. 

My idea was that blocking with the shields doesn't count as hitting the spider itself. anything non-thread-related would be fair play. And I was right.

I fired a few more Fireballs at the cables and the spider itself while making sure that the spider could block those aimed at it while running to the sole place where the limbs shouldn't reach (I believe): underneath it. Even if it could, it's too busy guarding itself against the heat from the burning cables.

Seeing its unguarded underside, I couldn't resist. 30 [Mystical Threads], coming up!

"*KHAAAAAAA!?!?*" - Ugly Spider

And that's that~.

SYSTEM MESSAGE:

You have cleared the Quest: [Assault on the Arachnid].

"Nice going," said Fox as he came back into the dojo, which was changing back to its original state. "But has anybody told you you're ruthless and coldblooded?" 

"Not today, at least." - Garami

"Figures." - Fox

As I decided to leave the dojo, I found Bloom still occupied with the "study session" with Doll, so I left her alone. Nyx and Nala...are K.O.-ed. Better leave them alone.

In that case, let's buy that new class.

Class: Arachnid Assailant
Rank: Intermediate
Class-line: Scout
Requirement conditions:
  • Quest: "Assault on the Arachnid"
  • Skill: Thread-based skill.
  • SPD: 200+
  • DEX: 200+
Stats:
STR+ SPD+ DEX+  
Class traits:
  • Unlocks spider-related skills and thread-related skills.
  • Improves the usage of thread-related battle arts/skills.
  • Improves the probability of inflicting status ailments on enemies through spider-related skills.
Description:

The Arachnid Assailant, normally a class restricted to only those with an Arachnid trait, has now been made possible for you to take. This class allows you to make traps and hunt down prey like a real spider monster. Do note that this class is difficult to master, as your species is different from its original users.

The class grants skills related to crafting spider threads, customizing them, producing items and traps with them, and other abilities related to a spider. Most notable is the ability to paralyze and poison your victim. Do note that some skills are locked behind various Element skills.

If you are ready to become an arachnophobe's worst nightmare, step forward.

Arachnid...figures. After that quest and all. And the bonus about it being related to status ailments is an unexpected bonus. 

Without any doubt, this is something I want. Therefore, *beep*:

SYSTEM MESSAGE:

You have consumed 6 AP to obtain the class: [Arachnid Assailant].

Due to obtaining the class: [Arachnid Assailant], the skill: [Thread Control Lv.1] has been obtained.

And there we go! It cost 1 more AP compared to Demon Caller and Demonic Rogue. Is it an extra fee because it's an extra class?

Eh, whatever. Let's make the verification freaks take care of that problem. In the meantime, it's time to go and look at my loot. The DP's fully charged now, so I can finally place it!

Time to go to the Treasury!!

---

Name:  Garami | [True Chaos]
Race: Dark Udug | Player 
Gender: Female
Level: 15/50 
Traits: 2
Karma Value: -200 <Chaotic>
Main Class: Demonic Rogue Lv.21
Sub Class: Demon Caller Lv.11
Sub Class: Arachnid Assailant Lv.1
Skills: 32
Titles: 19
Aether Points: 2.4
HP: 77/77 [+30] MP: 240/240 [+30] SP: 119/119 [+30]
STR: 120 [+30] VIT: 67 [+30] MAG: 122 [+30]
RES: 107 [+30] SPD: 220 [+30] DEX: 261 [+30]
INT: 136 [+30] LUC: 288 [+30]

Skill List:

Spoiler
Skill List:
Ability Skills:
[Mana Auto-Recovery Lv.3]  [Magic Lv.3] [Speed Lv.6] UP3
[Dexterity Lv.5] UP2 [Luck Lv.4] UP1  
Attack Skills:
[Parry Lv.3] NEW, UP2 [Dark Drain Lv.3]   
Magic Skills:
[Basic Magic Ability Lv.1] NEW [Mystical Threads Lv.3]   
Crafting Skills:
[Create Traps Lv.3]     
Active Skills:
[Lurk Lv.8]  [Thread Control Lv.1] NEW [Small Inventory Lv.6]
Passive Skills:
[Dagger Proficiency Lv.4]  [Magic Operation Lv.1] NEW [Demonic Combat Lv.2] 
[Throwing Lv.3]  [Evasion Lv.6] UP2 [Parkour Lv.4] 
[Surprise Attack Lv.3]  [Linguistics Lv.4]  [Dismantling Lv.3] 
[Auto-Map Lv.3]      
Perception Skills:
[Detect Monsters Lv.7] UP2 [Detect Treasure Lv.7]  [Prediction Lv.4] NEW, UP3
[Identification Lv.3]     
Leadership Skills:
[Demon Taming Lv.4]  [Party Lv.1] NEW  
Elements:
[Lesser Darkness Talent Lv.4]     
Monster Skills:
[Sleep Demon's Touch Lv.3]  [Demon's Presence Lv.3]  [Weakness Evil Eye Lv.3] 
[collapse]

Titles:

Spoiler
Title List:
Achievement Titles:
[Quest Novice]  [Emergency Quest Clearer]  [Giant Killer]
[Merciless] [First Boss Kill]  [Alternative Boss Clear] 
[Dungeon Clearer]  [World Quest Clearer]  [Raid Clearer] 
[Destroyer]  [Forbidden Item User]   
Hunting Titles:
[First Kill: Arachnid]  [Spirit Slayer]   
Status Titles:
[First Evil Eye]  [Dungeon Ruler]  [Nightmare Carnival Participant] 
[First Clearer of Atlantirana Library] 
[True Chaos]  [Observed by the Corruption Goddess] 
[collapse]
134