Chapter 8: Wild Cat, Become Immortal Cat?
552 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wild Cat, Become Immortal Cat?

[Day 22]

Counting on days, its already three days passed since they began the bestowing rituals.

A little white cat sits on a meditation posture. Um, for a cat like him to sit in that posture should be quite awkward, but now he looked befitting like a sage cat.

After nagging him till using gentleman persuasion, Old Man is able to take Wild Cat as his disciple as well a successor. He could preserve until now was thanks to [Heaven Bestowal Immortal Art] and his disciple's other Innate Skill [Divine Protection].

As for how he knows one of Wild Cat hidden Innate Skill is [Divine Protection]. Its accomplishment fell to link projected on bestowing rituals.

Let us talk about how bestowing rituals went...

There is a lot of bestowal technique that could be seen in the cultivation world, and a lot of it causes irreversible damage to receiver talent. The case is for a cultivator to use all his potential in his or her life and reach the pinnacle of cultivation is almost impossible matter, and this is why bestowal comes in handy. They would rather sacrifice their own talent for the sake of fast cultivation achievement. As living cultivation world is always lingering with danger, every cultivator organization or sect will let their disciple receive bestowal strength at least once in their life.

Of course, not everyone will sacrifice their own potential away and ruining their talent, and that is what they called Elite. So... for sake of letting those 'Elite' to pursuing higher cultivation path, every Ancestor level character will make a Training Land in their late life, and they will use bestowal ritual with less damage or shift the damage toward them.

But there are only three bestowals that could it possible to nearly without giving any damage to the potential and talent of the receiver. That is; [Divine Light Bestowal], [Heaven Bestowal Immortal Art], and [Heaven Ruin's Bestowal Technique]. It's nothing much to know about the former as it was Divine Light in itself bestowing power as an approval, and the latter was stealing a fraction of Ruin of Heaven's Fate when IT fell from The Throne.

[Heaven Bestowal Immortal Art] as the name implies is immortal art that giving an Immortal true ability to bestowing a power toward the receiver. But of course without damaging his or her talent and even enhanced it in exchange for the demise of Immortal.

It is practically saying, Heaven bestowing Immortality and its power to you. This is also the reason for it called as taboo Immortal Art.

Three days ago, Old Man forces himself to suppress his injuries by burning his Life Force at once and leaving a feeble consciousness to direct bestowing ritual. The process in itself is rather simple, but it requires a complicated principle to be able used [Heaven Bestowal Immortal Art].

Based on the characteristic of [Heaven Bestowal Immortal Art], his life basically like a candle in its last wick. For fear Wild Cat saw through it, Old Man Free and Unfettered doing something unusually for someone like himself.

Usually, he would rather left and didn't talk too much if he wanted to hide something like his weakness. He was Free and Unfettered, if he didn't want then no one could do anything to him. Even Heaven's Order couldn't casually lay a hand on him.

So, after doing all the necessary things. He began lecturing Wild Cat, from how to feel a Spiritual Energy, Qi, Chakra, and Mana, how to learning basic Magic Art and Magecraft till how to ascend Heavenly Tribulation.

After he was done filling three days of rituals with all of that speech. Wild Cat opened his eyes, and slowly said,

[Are you trying to hide the fact about your death time? Or are you trying to act as a good Master in your last time?]

Even without looking how pale and feeble his complexion, Wild Cat is able to tell from connection linked through bestowal rituals.

What he received in this last three days aren't only Immortality and Sealed Power, but also tons of Information. It was like pouring thousands of basin full of water to his head at once, he thought a few more could make his life hung.

Then, a piece of that is information about [Heaven Bestowal Immortal Art], about how to do what will happen after. He ponders it, with Old Man Free and Unfettered condition, what he could use for fuel to ignite rituals was his own life—his Immortal Soul and Life Force.

It is said, Immortal will never die because he has unlimited Life Force that guarantees his lifespan to be eternal. Only if... Immortal used all his Life Force in once, he could never regenerate his Life Force again more or less his lifespan that depends on it. Not only Immortal could die by age, but his age would be greatly drained till feeble existence of mortal.

[Old Man Free and Unfettered, you have burned all your Life Force to start these rituals. You even used your damaged Immortal Soul and attached it to your Immortal Wisp in me... Did you think, I couldn't see that your existence is already ceased? Did you want me to think you would protect me in the dark, thinking that you still alive and will always become my backing?]

Wild Cat mischievously smiled. [Don't be stubborn and doing something unlike you. You are Free and Unfettered! This Wild Cat is your successor, your disciple! How could I rely on you for living in the cultivation path?]

Old Man Free and Unfettered shivered when he heard it. Right! He was Free and Unfettered Immortal, he should left proudly and free from burned or what so ever.

He suddenly smiled, as the time going his smile gradually become a laugh. Free and Unfettered laugh he has in this lifetime.

Wild Cat a bit off seeing how Old Man laughs like no tomorrow. Ugh, right! He doesn't have tomorrow...

"Wuhaha... huahaha..."

"You're... truly right! I, Free and Unfettered Immortal, am never do something I don't want till the end of my life... This is thanks to you, my little disciple! You are this Old Man last treasure I left in this world. Haha..."

He began to laugh after saying it.

Wild Cat feeling embarrassed, his face turned red even though it was full of white fur. When Old Man noticed it, he exploded another loud laugh.

His complexion was looked much better than before, and it seems much younger. Is it as they said, more smile and laugh will make your life long and younger?

[Old Man, you... are you alright? Did you regain your Life Force and become younger again? Or it is my imagination?]

He saw Old Man complexion getting better looked much rosy. His appearance also gradually getting younger. His hair turned long jet black silky hair, his old wrinkles turned clean. If not for his beard was still oddly stuck on his face, everyone would believe he is still in his twenties.

"Did you shocked with my true appearance?" asked him.

[How come? I only thought, even with that younger appearance you still an Old Man with that beard attached...]

"You... you unfilial disciple! Whatever, talking to you always make this Venerable blood pressure rise up uncontrollably..."

[Don't Immortal have immunity on something trifle like risen blood pressure, Master?] said him innocently.

*snort*

"Don't make that look. Even you are a cat now, you still have Immortality that I gave. You are Immortal Cat now! Um, right... you should have a more convenient body to cultivate higher realms. Okay, endure it..."

He suddenly touched his forehead. Wild Cat hasn't even answered him before a surge of pain filled his Mind Palace. A corner of Old Man mouth rises up, he seems to take an account for all these days entertainment Wild Cat gave him.

"Ny-nyaauuuu!"

Hearing him cried out, Old Man giving encouragement, "Come on! You should endure it! You could do it, so long you endure... you would be able to transform in human shape earlier."

Wild Cat could only endure it until his pain ceased. In his heart comes a thought, 'I know it, you bore a grudge against your own disciple! You, sly Old Man...'

After a few seconds, Old Man retracts his finger from a little cat forehead. There is a satisfied smile hanging on him. His mouth moved a little, and if Wild Cat is still on his focused state then he would hear, "This will be even for us!" Wild Cat might as well fight him all out.

Old Man touches his bandage, and Holy Unshaped Cloth changed its shape becomes a black scarf. It seems he left another trick on a scarf before attaching it on Wild Cat neck.

"Hmph! You looked much suitable, I thought it would be funny if this Venerable wear it to you..."

Wild Cat couldn't bear to shout, [Old Man, come, come... If you want to go all out, I'll be your opponent!]

"Haha... It's unlucky for you! I have to leave now... You should take care of yourself, Wild Cat..." his sound gradually becomes smaller.

[What did you say? Huh?! Did you leave like that, I still have a score to deal with you Old Man... we aren't even after you sneak attack me while transferring something to me...]

Suddenly, a light comes from Old Man body as he becomes transparent and gradually disappear like bubble light.

"Old Man!" a youthful sound shouted out from him.

Wild Cat shouted out, he didn't even aware that his voice's like a human.

...

At the same time as Old Man Free and Unfettered light of life ceased. Nine Heaven and Myriad Realms could feel a premonition of an Immortal leaving this world. Beside it, the could feel a change in Heaven's Fate. As for bad or good its change was no one know about it, not now.

13