Ch 41: Resolutions
36 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Enter."

"Excuse me." Keiichi surveyed the room with a neutral expression.

"What do you want? How did you get here?" Ayaka asked.

"Your father brought me here."

"Let me guess, he said he didn't have time to talk to me and sent you here?" she said ironically.

"...That was exactly it," Keiichi replied with a stunned expression. "But the situation is really complicated. The Cultivators union requested a meeting, and the sect is in chaos."

Despite Keiichi's explanation, anger was still evident in Ayaka's eyes.

"It's always the same excuses! Problems, problems, and more problems. When is he just going to forget about this to talk to his daughter?!" Ayaka clenched her fists in anger.

"You know… sometimes I wish my dad was at least here," Keiichi muttered with a sigh.

"Huh?" Ayaka didn't hear Keiichi's words and then showed a confused expression.

"Nothing. Anyway, don't you have a mother?" he asked curiously.

"...My mother died during childbirth. The reason was...strange. They said I was born with a huge amount of spiritual energy, and my mother died soon after I was born..." Ayaka replied.

"It is possible?" Keiichi was also confused by the explanation.

'Yato, this case seems very strange. Do you know anything about it?'

Yato doesn't always answer calls, but he decided to try his luck.

'This explanation is correct. This girl was born with an enormous amount of energy. It turns out that her mother was a normal human, so the high concentration of energy ended up causing problems in her fragile body, and she ended up dying.' Yato explained.

'Wait, how the hell do you know that?!' Keiichi didn't remember Ayaka saying that her mother was a normal human.

'Well, it's not very difficult, you know? By the way, you should use your magic eyes.'

'Oh, it's true.'

◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤

Name: Ayaka Matsuzaki

Raça: Human

Age: 18

Skills:

– Fire manipulation

– Energy manipulation (spiritual energy)

-Spiritual Flames (Innate Ability)

◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤

"Were you born with any skills?" Keiichi asked confused.

"What?! How do you know that? In fact, I got goosebumps when you looked at me earlier." Ayaka asked suspiciously.

"Ehh, forgive me. I used my appraisal skill on you." Keiichi admitted embarrassed.

"Appraisal skill?"

"Yes, I can see information about people when I use this ability. So I saw that you have an innate ability."

Ayaka's eyes widened in surprise. She never imagined that Keiichi had such a powerful ability.

'He is incredible!' she thought unconsciously.

'He's an idiot.'

'Huh? Who the hell are you calling an idiot?' Keiichi asked upon hearing Yato's voice in his head.

'You're an idiot. Don't go around telling your skills to people you barely know. At least you've earned some admiration points.'

'Admiration... points? Anyway, I know she's not evil, so it's okay.'

'...'

"Well, I have an innate ability, but…" Ayaka was hesitant to speak.

"But?"

"...It's a useless skill." Ayaka raised her palm, and a white flame appeared.

"Huh?!" Keiichi felt a strange sensation coming from that flame.

"It's intimidating, right? But it's a useless skill." Ayaka threw the flame at the wall, but nothing happened. She then threw the flame on the bed, but nothing happened. 

'The flame… doesn't burn?!'

"You can laugh if you want," Ayaka said with a forced smile. When her father and the elders saw this skill for the first time, they were excited to think that she would have a powerful innate ability. However, over time they realized that it was a useless flame, as it did not burn anything. Ayaka had to put up with the taunts of many Sect members when they saw her struggling to try and burn a simple piece of paper.

'Yato, that flame…'

'It's not useless. To be honest, it's an interesting flame.'

'Interesting? Does it have something special?'

'Yes, it is the initial stage of a powerful flame, just like your Hell Flame.'

'Early stage? Isn't my Hell Flame in the final stage?'

'Of course not. Your Hell Flame is in the first stage. That was one of the reasons you didn't die when you got it. You know, if Hell Flame were in the last stage, you and your planet would have turned to cosmic dust in less than a few microseconds.'

'Stop saying scary things so calmly.' Keiichi felt a chill at the thought of this situation.

"No worries, your flame is not useless," Keiichi said with a smile.

"Huh? What do you mean? Don't tell me… did you find out what it's for?!" Ayaka grabbed Keiichi's shirt with an anxious expression.

"Oh sorry!" She walked away quickly with an embarrassed expression.

'See, you can earn some affection points now.'

'Shut up and tell me what this flame is for.'

'Do the following(...)'

-

'Are you serious?!'

Keiichi and Yato's mental conversation unfolded quickly.

'Damn, why the hell do I have to do this?!' Keiichi was embarrassed to hear Yato's instructions but decided to follow them.

"Ayaka." He called out to Ayaka with a serious expression.

"What-" Ayaka was shocked to see Keiichi suddenly taking off his shirt. Keiichi's exposed chest made Ayaka blush briefly.

'Damn, so he came here for this?!' She glanced toward the door, thinking about running away. She thought she would be raped, but Keiichi's next actions made her eyes widen in shock.

*Slash!*

Keiichi opened a gash on his abdomen. His pained expression showed how deep the cut went.

"What are you doing?!" Ayaka exclaimed worriedly.

"Ayaka, use your flame to heal me," Keiichi said with a serious expression.

"What?! I can't-"

"You can do it! Don't think about destruction when using that flame. Don't think about burning. Think about healing." Keiichi said seriously.

"But-"

"If you don't try I'll end up dying," Keiichi said with a smile.

Ayaka was still stunned, but seeing that Keiichi was losing a lot of blood, she quickly walked toward her.

'I can!' She thought of Keiichi's words with a determined expression.

White flames materialized in Ayaka's palm. She then touched Keiichi's abdomen while focusing her thoughts. However, the cut on Keiichi's abdomen reminded her of the moment the demon pierced Azumi's chest.

Keiichi felt Ayaka tremble for a moment.

"Concentrate, Ayaka." He warned. "I trust you."

A teardrop ran down Ayaka's eyes. White flames covered Keiichi's abdomen and lit up the entire room. Ayaka's body was covered in white flames, leaving her looking angelic.

'That's…' Keiichi looked at his perfectly healed abdomen with a surprised expression.

"Ayaka…"

Ayaka opened her eyes and was in shock to see Keiichi's abdomen healed.

"I made it?!"

"...Yes, you did!" Keiichi replied with a smile.

"As?" she asked confused. "Shouldn't the flame burn?"

"Your flame is special. I'm sure it can do a lot more than that." Keiichi said with a smile.

'This flame can heal, purify, and remove curses, among many other things. Well, I have better things to do, so I'm hanging up.' Yato gave one last explanation before leaving.

'Wait, Yato! You didn't explain to me-'

"Keiichi..." Ayaka muttered as she watched Keiichi's confused face. She didn't even notice the position she was in.

  Keiichi swallowed hard as he realized that Ayaka had her hands on her bare abdomen. Also, her face was very close to his.

'Beautiful.' Keiichi thought.

Ayaka had brown hair and dark eyes. Her face was handsome and well accentuated. Her size was only 1.65 centimeters, and her skin was as white as snow.

"Err, Ayaka-"

*BAM!*

"Ayaka, what was that-"

Takahiro entered the room with a worried expression, but...

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY DAUGHTER?!!!"

-

-

-

'See, I said this was the best way.' Yato thought as he ate a packet of cookies.

'Never let them know your next move.'

3