Hopeful
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Sky’s filled with Stars, the Moon’s getting ready to show its full Glory to us.

Katya - Here you go, Dan. Lena. | Food’s served. A warm Russian Meal.
- What’s this called?
Katya - Ehehe… It’s my own Creation. It doesn’t have a unique name, Lena and I call it, Meal.
- Just, Meal?
Katya - Yup. Now eat up you two, you both have work to do afterwards.

Gently-warm Meat Cubes, fried Potatoes and… a Sauce I haven’t eaten before. This will keep me Fed for Hours!
Lena - Thanks, Nee-chan!
- Thank you, Love.
Katya - Enjoy~!



Leaving the Plates clean of any Food or Sauce, I ask my Beloved for a Pepsi.
Katya - Here.
- Thanks again.

Lena - I’ll be off then. Come back Home soon! Nii-san! | Lena yanks my Head into her Abdomen squeezing it tightly, before giving me a Kiss on it.
- I will. Enjoy your Games. | She glances back briefly, waving joyfully. Lena entered her Room now.

Katya - Do you know when you are back?
- It depends… I’ll have to assess the Problems that came up.
Katya - How many have you got?
- No clue. I simply know that there are Problems.
Katya - Intuition, huh?
- Basically.

- What will you do until my return?
Katya - Clean, wash the Dishes and do more Chores…
- Don’t overwork yourself. | I drink the last bit of Pepsi in my Can.
Katya - It’s not that much to do. I’ve also gotten used to it during the last few Months.

- You two wanted to stay at the House… Am I wrong?
Katya - It was a complete change of Pace… But with the Office that Far away… and the lack of Knowledge I have regarding some Things… It was a bit scary to go into the Unknown.

- It’s as we said, too many Steps at a Time.
Katya - We did… | My Wife crosses her Legs, looking out the large Kitchen Window - The Moon shining brighter than before, the City slowly starting its Night Life.
- I’ll get a move on… I want to be Home sooner.

Katya - Dan, I want something from you.
- What’s that? | I turn towards her.
Katya - I want a Night for ourselves. Just the Two of us. | A Date then.
- Today would be the fitting Day, Friday Night, just the two of us.
Katya - This isn’t the only Friday.
- Tomorrow then.
Katya - Heh…?
- I won’t take “no” as a answer.
Katya - W-Wait, why Tomorrow? | A bit curious are we?
- It’s Full Moon then. An even better Night for our Date. | I see her Blush lightly.

- Raven’s here if you need anything. | And a bunch more of my Machines.
Katya - T-Take care… Dan~.
Walking around the Corner I take my Shoes and open the Door. Locking it after I close it.

Don’t worry, Sir. The Safety of the Misses is guaranteed through your Means of Security. | Life somehow finds a way to tell me otherwise… When it comes to my Girls… Oh… Oho… Life better prepare.

Onto the freezing Cold Street’s of Tokyo’s Night Life, I see Escorts… Business Men trying to get laid, just some Normal Things for this Day and Age.

Compared to Germany at Night… Empty Streets, Thieves, Criminals and Murder. | You still took your Time walking around, Sir. | I needed that Time to think, Raven.
Considering what was thrown at me back then… I’m a different Per--...

Where are you, Buddy? I’m in the Alley. | Right behind you. | Let’s go then.
I climb onto the Turret of my Tank, open the Cupola and begin to dress into my “Work” Attire.

Destination, Sir? | Senate “Building”. | Understood.

Through the narrow Alley, we exit onto the Mainstreet of Tokyo, Car’s are far and few. Civilians that can see or Hear us… even fewer.



I see this Shithole didn’t change. Still unfinished and even unmaintained… A Building resting on its Foundation and poorly-made Pillars.
Stepping closer, I can already tell this has been abandoned by the Senate.

Air’s dead cold, the Fireplace has been cold for quite some Time. I guess we need more Privacy than just a Floor, Roof and four Walls.
>/ Calling - Petrovskaya
>/ Call - Answered
Petro - Ghost! Ghosty!
- Don’t call me that…
Petro - It’s been Months since you last visited us!
- What? Am I out of the Senate? | In my calm and slightly angered Tone.

Petro - Of course not. You’re the Leader, Dummy! We’re enjoying ourselves. Sending you the Coords.
- Be there soon.
Petro - Sweet, everyone is here. We’re planning some Stuff, please do hurry - We’re stuck thinking!
>/ Call - Ended

She’s Drunk. | Certainly, Sir.

The Moon shines between the Branches of dead and living Trees. Raven silently waits under the Beams of Moonlight.

>/ Coordinates - Recieved
Gimme the Location, please. | Just a Moment.
Climbing onto the Engine Deck to warm my Ass, I play with the Moonlight. Forming various Shapes and Creatures with my Hands.

The Coordinates indicate a small Bar, not far from here. Shall I get us there? | Please. Drive on.

I feel the Engine under me spring into Life as the Tank moves.

Truly a short Trip, a few Streets away from the “Building” we were at.

Getting off my Ride, I signal Raven to go park and ready myself for some social Interactions.
Stepping into the plain Night Bar, the far Corner of it houses the Senate’s Mercenaries. Drunk as they may be, I spot a few who are still sober - Waiting for something to actually go according to Plan.

Petro - There he is! The Gray Ghost…!
- Couldn’t you yell louder? | I sit down beside Mellany, who’s sober.

Mel - Hey, Ghost… | I can tell, she won’t be sober for too long.
- Is there anyone else who’s still with us?
Male Merc - Me…
Female Merc - Me too…
Marry - Obviously me.
- Hi, everyone.

Mel - I didn’t think Petro could get this drunk…
- She’s Russian, isn’t she? | I lean towards her.
Mel - Sure is…Besides only having a few Vodka Shots, she just took this as a Bar Night… Not as a planning Night… It’s been like this for an Hour now.

- First, could we get out of this Space. It’s not ideal for our Purposes.
Male Merc - Agreed.
Marry - We thought we’d get a few Drinks in and be done with this. But Petro just… | With a worried Tone she looks at Petro.

Petro - What about me? I’m so so so~... Sober.
- Let’s get outta here. Let’s find a Spot in Nature.
Marry - On it. Let’s go, Guys.
Female Merc - Right behind ya.

Our Numbers are… We’re Five. A few Months ago we were over a dozen…
I can picture a few Reasons for this… What happened to the Oath, the Rules and simply the Role that comes with being one of

Out to the Backside of the Bar, I look at the Present Members of the Senate.

- Let’s mount up. | I walk past everyone, Mel carries Petro on her Back.

Marry - Ghost, before we move on to a new Spot. Mind if I share a few Things with you?
- What is it? | I get close to her. In whisper range.
Marry - Mel’s Syndicate dissolved. The Members she trusted once have left.
- Thought as much. Did they go Home?

Marry - The British Couple and the American one did.
- What about Yuma?
Marry - She’s still with us. Once we reach a quiet Place, I want to suggest something.
- Alright.

- Everyone, follow me. | Not raising my Voice, they nod at me firmly.
Raven, find me a flat Hill Top. We need a break, to… to… see where the Holes are. | Affirmative, Sir.

Sitting cross-legged on the Top of Raven’s Turret, the two of us take the lead.



North-East of Tokyo, Raven takes a left Turn. A Town resides opposite of us, far from the Road.
Good Choice, Buddy. | Thank you, Sir.

- Form a circle with the Tanks, someone collect some Sticks and Stones. We’re staying here a while.
Marry - I’ll get the Stones.
Female Merc - I’m on the Sticks.

Looking at Petro’s Tank, she fixed the Damage that it took in our last big Battle against Yukio.

Mel - Come on, Petro. You can’t just rest in there. We got Food!
Petro - I’m not hungry…
- Pull her out, please. Mel. | She spins to me, processing my Words before taking Action.

Mel - There we go, Petro. We’ll get some Food and get warm.
Petro - Ugh… | Poor thing…

Our Members return with Sticks and Stones stacked on their Arms.
Female Merc - I collected a few more. Hope it’s enough.
- Thanks. It’s plenty.
Marry - Stones’ here.

As they set it down, I kneel and gradually set up a hefty Fireplace.

- Anyone got Matches? Or Flint and Steel, I guess?
Mel - Waterproof Matches. | Mel hands me her Pack, letting Petro sleep on her Lap covered by a Blanket.
- Thanks.

With one strike, the Match lights. Carefully placing it in the Mesh of dry Grass and Leaves, the Fire starts up.

Marry - Ghost. May I?
- Go on.

Marry - As you all might know, I’m the Leader of my own Syndicate. Ghost saw it.
- Sure did.
Marry - If we agree upon this, I could place you all in Leadership. There’s a Catch.
- We have to earn it. | I sit down, resting against Raven’s Rear Sprocket.

The Group falls silent, waiting on Marry’s answer.
Marry - He’s right. You’ll have to earn it.

Mel - Makes sense, with so many Mercenaries of all Walks of Life, you have to earn your Place.
Female Merc - Even so… We’ll have no clue if they’d follow us as Leaders.
Marry - They will.

- … This is scuffed… | I fuel the Fire with the Sticks.

Mel - What are our other Options? | Mellany takes a more Blankets out. Passing them along.

Male Merc - Make our own Syndicate, again… I guess.
Marry - I can’t be part of it then…
- Right…

- Last Option would be... Each of us on their own. But that’s dumb, with the currently known Dangers.

Marry - What about the Senate?
- There’s none left. What do you want to lead or watch over when everyone is doing their own Thing?
Marry - True…

- It’s either Marry’s Idea, make a new Syndicate without Marry. Finally, each of us on their own.

Mel - Let’s eat first, Petro needs to have a say in this as well.
- Obviously, we’re just setting out our Options.
As everyone takes out their MRE’s and prepares them. I stare into the Fire, thinking of the Best Outcome…

If all of you go on separate Ways, we’ll have more Freedom of Action. Not bound by anything. Sir. | What if the same shit happens again? That one of us snatches the other’s Contract?

Marry has a Good Idea, but that “Earn your Place” Part is not sitting well with me. | It’s foolish to work for her, Sir. She’ll use us for her own Games. | Certainly…

Petro - Hmm…! I slept well. Mel, what’s for Dinner? | The sleepy Princess wakes up.
- Evening, Petro.
Petro - Hey, everyone.
Male Merc - Hi.
Female Merc - Good to see you awake.
Marry - Come eat with us.

Mel - Here you go, Petro. Your Food.
Petro - Sweet of you, Mel. Thanks. | Joining her good Friend under her Blanket, Petro prepares her Food.



Having eaten our Meals, Mellany tells Petro about our Situation.

Petro - Really…? | One can see her visible Sadness.
Mel - It’s a difficult Situation… Very difficult at that.

Petro - … I say… We just split up… | That’s direct.
Mel - Are you sure…? We just got together… a few Months ago…
Petro - It’s best for everyone. We’ll end up splitting up anyway. Sometime in the Future… | Ahh… The Future. What will it bring?

Regardless of her Tone and Words, I feel there is a hidden Reason behind Petro’s Choice.

Female Merc - In that case… Do we agree on it?
Male Merc - She’s right… We will end up like that anyway.
Marry - Very well then… I’m sorry to see this go…

Mel - I-I-I’m in… | She didn’t catch onto Petro’s Words.
- It is how it is then… I’m pained by this as well.
Petro - So it is settled then…

- These shall be the last Moments of the Senate as we know it Today. May your Paths lead to Peace in this World.







From the Evening, two Hours passed. This Time was filled with Chatter as if we were just at the beginning of our Adventures. Everyone was cheerful, playing games and discussing their own Tomorrows, until...

- Everyone ready? | I stand up dusting off my Back and Ass. The others gradually pack up.
Male Merc - Yep…
Female Merc - I am…

Marry - Are we completely sure we want to do this?
Petro - It’s a sad ending… We’ll have to accept it…
Marry - I mean, yeah… But… T-There’s gotta be another Way…

- If we form another Syndicate, find Members and complete Contracts, Train and all the other Good Stuff with them… We’ll end up like this again, eventually.

Mel - He’s right. We’ll keep in touch, here and there. We’re still Friends, Allies. Not enemies.
Petro - Well spoken, Mel.
With everything packed up, we all mount our Tanks for the last Time together.

Male Merc - Take care, everyone. I hope we meet again, sometime.
Female Merc - Stay safe. All of you.
Marry - I wish you all the Best.

One after the other, they leave - heading down their own Ways. Not waiting for any reply.

Petro - Even if I had to fake it… It still hurts…
Mel - Fake… what…?
Petro - Mellany, we’re not splitting up entirely. I just wanted those three gone.
Mel - Really…? | Mel finally realized. Hope fills her Voice.

Petro - We’re the best Friends, Mel. Why would I want to split up?
Mel - Ahhhh! | There’s goes a hug between two awesome Friends.

Letting go of the other, they turn to me.
Petro - You saw what my Plan was, right?
- Sure did. Thought it was just Hope creeping into my Judgement…

Mel - Please don’t do this anymore. I was so scared I wasn’t going to see any of you anymore…
Petro - I’m really sorry, Mel… I really am! | They hold each other’s Hand.
Mel - Geez… This was a massive Shock…

- It’s late. We still need to reach Home.
Petro - We’ll meet again, Ghost. Correct?
- You can count on it.

Mel - Before we go… Guys… | Mel sits down on her Leclerc. Petro follows that by sitting on her Tank.
- What is it?

Petro - The North.
Mel - You know too, Petro?
Petro - It’s been all over the Network.

- Now I’m interested.

Petro - The North’s Mercenaries had a huge Fight for Leadership… and started killing each other over it. | Like Primates…
- So it’s taken care of?

Petro - Not entirely, only a few are left that can pose a threat to us. Meaning… | Petro look jumps between me and Mel. As if expecting one of us to say something,
- Once we kill them, it’s over? We can finally focus on our Families entirely.

Mel - What about the rest of Japan?
Petro - We’ll have to focus on what’s ahead of us right now.
- We’ll discuss further Details another Time.

Mel - See you soon. Ghost.
Petro - Until then. Comrade Ghost.
- Stay safe, Ladies. | Off we go, Raven. | Sir.



Back in the Alley where we left two and a half Hours ago, I jump out of the Cupola and land.

As I enter the Elevator up to my Penthouse, ready to take a Shower. I wonder about what we spoke about earlier.

Worried about the End of these Days, Sir? | Y-Yeah… It’s scary to think of that. I got so used to this Life we live currently, that I fear the Future… I just want to get into Bed quickly.

Upstairs, I open the Door to my Home - as I do, Lena and Katya both jump at me.
Katya - Welcome Home, Dan~!
Lena - Welcome, Onii-chan~!
They both hug me tightly.

- I’m back. May I… Take a Shower please?
Katya - Please do. I’ll make you a Tea.
Lena - I can go to play without worry then!
- Have fun!



Out from the Shower, I rub my Hair dry with a Towel as I walk into the Kitchen.

Katya - How was the Meeting?
- Quite sad actually… We faked to split up, each of us going onto our Paths in Life, which still hurt a bit - But we got rid of the Problematic ones.

Katya - In the End, it was good. I’m happy to hear it. | Speaking of it...
- Love, how will the Future look like?
Katya - With how things are going now, excellent. Are you afraid of bad Things happening? | I join her behind the Counter.
- Y-Yeah...

My Beloved turns to me, holding my Hands, softly comforting me.
Katya - It’s going to be excellent, Dan. We’re going to have Children, watch them grow up. In the End, help them get on their own Feet. That’s what we want.
- Of course, we do. But… I’m still a bit scared… I don’t know why….

Katya - It’s normal to have Worries. I do too, sometimes. | Her Arms run around my Neck, pulling me towards her.
- What do you do against that…?
Katya - I look at you and my World is back to normal. As if nothing has ever happened.

Katya - We will manage, Dan. Everything is going to as we planned. All we have to do is simply look forward and take one step at a Time~. | She ends the Hug with a lovely Kiss on my Head.
- A-Are you sure?
Katya - I’m certain of it. Now, please give me two Mugs.

With my worries flying away slowly, I open the Cabinet and set out two Mugs.

Katya - Here’s yours and mine. Both are Strawberry-flavoured.
- Thanks, Katya.
Katya - Let’s go to Bed. We’re both Tired.

Passing by Lena’s Room, I hear her Cheerful Voice. It calms me further.

Katya’s Bed is already ready to warm us.
I take the first Spot and let my Wife find hers on my Lap.

Katya - Here we go. Are you comfy?
- Very comfy.
Katya - Still worried a bit?

- Yeah… I don’t want anything to end badly. Not even this other Part of me…
Katya - It won’t. Nothing will, as long as we have Hope.
- I see… Thank you again, Katya. | I kiss her Head with affection.

By Tomorrow, this will all just be in the Past. My Worries won’t exist anymore, I will wake up to my Wife’s beautiful Smile and continue on together.

1