Chapter4- rediscovery
114 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A weekend had passed since Hikaru awakened to his old memories. At the start, everything was hazy and confusing.

But as he walked through the Hyuga estate, a place both familiar and unfamiliar where he lived during all his second life, his memory seemed to reach a degree of harmony.

Thankfully, he did not attract too much attention to himself, there was just some gaze of pity from some people that will go back to normal in the blink of an eye.

The Hyuga's was not the greatest at expressing their emotions, they were always tried to remain calm and collected even though no rules were forcing them to act like that. Hikaru could not help but admire Hinata who had dared to express her feeling for Naruto in the canon.

" she is not my favorite character for nothing" Hikaru tough with a brightened expression.

It was one of the perks of being a Hyuga, even though his clan was near the border of the Hyuga estate, far from her house, they could still be considered Neighbours.

Also, it was pretty common to see intermarriage among Hyuga people. They were not cousins but fellow clan members after all.

" I should stop thinking about disgusting things. She is still a minor now, I should not even let my mind wander in that direction or her father will kill me"

It was another perk, that the seal of the caged bird seemed to give to the patriarch of the clan, from what Hikaru remembered, the latter could feel the evil intentions of the wearer of the seal and publish them with but a tough.

Whether or not the patriarch could read inside his mind or know the exact nature of his thoughts was another question.

Knowing well what could befall him if he was caught Hikaru started to recite a mantra in his mind. He was helped by the fact that the landscape of the Hyuga estate seemed to inspire severity. During a short walk, you could see, oak trees with shaking leaves, the clear sky, and a calm lake.

There was almost no noise. Even as they walked or trained, everyone tried his best to not break the silence. Most of the time you could only hear the sound of the passing wind.

Hikaru could almost hear himself thinking. In his past life, Hikaru was still young when his parents moved to a new place. There were serious problems of insecurity in their neighborhood with some cases of rape and child going missing. Because of that apart from schooling, his parents did not let him leave their house.

After some time, Hikaru became an introvert. He only had virtual friends and most of his time was spent playing games or in front of the television.

It was at that time that he discovered the anime Naruto. Hikaru was different from the bright main character, the emo Sasuke or even energetic Rock Lee.

But in the series, there was one character that inspired him. She was timid, somewhat weak-looking, and she liked to see the brightness in order people.

She was almost a role model that helped Hikaru face his predicaments.

He faced his bullies, he made new friends, discovered new hobbies, and just like that a new chapter of his life started.

On another note part of his death could be attributed to Hinata. He was commissioned to make a drawing of her by a friend that was making fanfiction. He happened to miss a date with his toxic girlfriend and she went to his house to kill him.

Hikaru remembered that during his last moment, he was looking between his crying freak murdering girlfriend and his drawing. His arm weakly went forward and fell off the drawing.

' just perfect ' Hikaru tough as he saw his blood painting the cheeks of Hinata. It was the exact color that he was searching for. He almost felt like the drawing was smiling at him and just like that his vision went dark.

****

Hikaru had made many discoveries since he awakened, some important while the others were unneeded.

The first one concerned the matter of privacy. With a clan full of people who could peek inside your body through walls, Hikaru constantly felt cold sweats on his back every time he went to take a bath. It was like sh*t*ng in front of a camera, whether or not it was on or off, people will think twice before doing so.

There was a Library inside the clan estate with many scrolls ( old schools) and books full of information. The subject covered were basic taijutsu, basic ninjutsu, basic Fuinjitsu, herbology, and the geography and politic in the world of the elemental nations.

There are also some books and scrolls about medicine and anatomy. Hikaru knew it for a long time, sadly he had never been authorized to enter it.

Even though the building had two levels, and that the first one was said to be open to every member of the clan, The Hyuga guard refused to let him enter.

" The access was denied to a child who had yet to start the curriculum at the academy".

Hikaru had never tried to enter the library in the past but as a reincarnated from the modern world, Hikaru felt a great amount of hunger for knowledge.

He came motivated only to be shoed away like this.

Hikaru was almost bluffed by the excuse of the guard.

He was going to celebrate his fifth in January at the start of the next year. He will still have to wait that time to enjoy his access to the library.

Hikaru was leaving when he saw a child younger than him rush inside the building. The guardian only told him to keep calm and to be careful.

Hikaru recognized the young boy as Neiji Hyuga.

In the meantime, the Guardian was looking at him as if nothing wrong happened.

Hikaru never tough that a Hyuga could be so shameful.

He was still pointing at the entrance in anger when another child even younger rushed inside the library.

She was Hinata Hyuga the heiress of the clan. The guard did not stop her not did he say anything.

Hyuga's eyes looked pretty big but at that moment Hikaru's eyes had grown out of proportion. He had the feeling that just like that he was going to awaken his byakugan out of anger.

Just like that Hikaru who had promised to keep a low profile started an argument with the guard that will later enter in the anales of the clan known as the "refusal", but that is a story for another time.

In the end, Hikaru went back defeated.

Apparently, there was another alternative to enter the library despite a young age. A child needed an adult who could vouch for him as a guarantor so that he could visit the library and take some books away.

Sadly, Hikaru was an orphan who did not have any close one who could help him enjoy such convenience.

There was another thing that Hikaru could not help but find strange at least for the world where he was coming from.

Many Hyuga children, some even younger than him could already read and write perfectly. With Neiji being considered as a genius, all this time Hikaru had been classed as the slow learner. Even then he seemed pretty good at using Kanji.

You need to know that the only thing close to learning Japanese that he did in his past life was singing along to an anime generic and remembering some words. He also researched the meaning of some character's name, nothing else.

Was it like this throughout Konohagakure or the Hyuga children were just exceptional.

Hikaru remembered that in his old world when he was four years old, he had just learned the alphabet.

4